PurpleTree

When you have an insight/vision etc. what makes you accept it as truth?

41 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

how about the "god" and "one-ness" etc. insights though, how do we know those are true?

Conscious insights are directly realized, beyond conceptualization. They are not thoughts; they are direct knowledge. Because they are direct, you can't verify them from others, only from the Self within.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

36 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

for example the store in my city is always there when i go there.

i can go inside, talk to the sales personnel, go on their website

try clothing on etc. it's very stable so i'll assume it exists on this level

i can always replicate that experience at any time basically

You imagine all that.

How do you know your imagination is valid?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

I just wonder how we can discern between a truthful insight about us or the universe and somebody who gets the insight that he/she can fly and jumps out of a window etc.

Just like how a proficient musician doesn’t ask themselves “how do I play this instrument” as they’re performing. 

It’s very natural. 

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You imagine all that.

I'm not saying it's valid i'm just saying i can always replicate it and been there hundreds of times.

And the "vision" or "insight"  that i'm just imagining it all i just really had once.

So why should i believe the thing that i only experienced once over the thing that i experienced hundreds of times.

personally i'm not sure what to believe anyway :P 

Edited by PurpleTree

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You imagine all that.

If we are imagine everything? then wouldn't that be real?

8 minutes ago, Vido said:

If we are imagine everything? then wouldn't that be real?

Real and unreal are one. So yes, it's all real. Literally if you were to take 1000 mics of LSD your experiences on it would be just as real/imaginary as your ordinary life.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

30 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

So why should i believe the thing that i only experienced once over the thing that i experienced hundreds of times.

Why do you believe your own logic?

Your sentence doesn't even make sense unless you assume the insight needed to make sense of that sentence.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why do you believe your own logic?

:)

Riddle me this. If I have a dream where there are 1000 humans myself being one of them, and we all experience a cactus in a desert. Does that make the cactus or the desert objectively real? Or if I have the same dream 1000 times, does that make it somehow more real than the dream I have only once?

everything is the truth, right? nothing else can exist. What happens is that our thoughts, which are also the truth, point to relative truths that value everything according to whether it is good or bad for you, and we get lost in that labyrinth (which is also the truth). what is tried is to separate all that opera drama of good and bad to be able to realize its "falsehood" in the sense that not everything begins and ends with what my little ego likes or dislikes, although my little ego is the truth too, only that it is the tree that does not let you see the forest. so answering the question ... all our visions, insigths, ideas, are the truth. that does not mean that our interpretation of them is right, of course. 

Ultimately nothing can be known, only be, and that is the truth, like everything else

Edited by Breakingthewall

44 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Ultimately nothing can be known, only be, and that is the truth

⚡ Being is knowing.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

A genuine insight is self-validating.

Consider the Eureka! moment of Archimedes. You find it. It’s a insight. Or an Apple falls on your head — gravity!

Otherwise you confuse what an insight is with some intellectual process, like becoming convinced.

For me, the answer to the question is resonance. If i feel that an answer resonates deeply with my inner being and that resonance can stand the scrutiny of real life obstacles, trials and tribulations. Then I can accept it. I am aware that this is not fool proof, there is a good chance for self-delusion and manipulation. But there is no real alternative. I think this is the art of life, finding the ultimate internal unshakable resonance which can stand every external situation. And this is not a linear and logical process, but it's the most spiritual process imaginable. 

This does not mean i don't factor in linear and logical thinking. But they are part of the decision making process, not the end all be all. Robots can do specific tasks very well, but they don't make for good leaders.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@PurpleTree

Looking in dualistic thoughts, in the ‘this’s or that’s’ of thought, or, in the ‘true insights or delusional insights’… for Truth… is the very activity of thought which is the veil of The Truth, of The Oneness. The ‘you’ of thoughts, and the ‘oneness’ of thoughts.  Through this thought (duality) believing & sorting lens, one convincingly experiences as if the Oneness comes & goes… was realized in a past (you & a past) and thus a way to realize in the future (you & a future) is longed for. This perpetuates the veiling mental activity of a ‘you & The Truth’.  

The believing of the ‘this or that-ing’ is the believing of one’s own defining & defending. Thus it seems there is a you and and store, and not simply Truth… a you and an inside, and not simply Truth, a you and a sales person, and not simply Truth, a you and a website, and not simply Truth, a you and clothing, and not simply Truth, a you and this level, and not simply Truth, a you in time, and not simply Truth, a you and time, and not simply Truth, a you which replicates, and not simply Truth, a you and God realization, and not simply Truth. A you and insights & visions, and not simply Truth. Imagining there are insights & visions, defining them as ‘not me’… ‘they’ seem to stand to deliver or bring about the Oneness sought. But the Oneness sought is perpetually held at bay, apart, seemingly, only by the thoughts being believed... about “the oneness”, or “Truth”.  Infinite can not know finite. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I have grocked some thing I am 99% sure are absolutely true. Yet, I am still young, immature and have self deception as I transcend old paradigms that are based in delusion. 

I see insights as a degree of accuracy. As I mature and develop life mastery I will trust my insights more and more as the result show it.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

If the insight and vision is delusional, then it wouldnt have been an insight or vision at all. 

I know that it is an insight.... when you need to memorize the insight, it shows you havent had any insight at all. True insights dont require you to memorize. 

Honestly, this is partly why I took accounting. Too much woo can leave you confused

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

13 hours ago, charlie cho said:

II know that it is an insight.... when you need to memorize the insight, it shows you havent had any insight at all. True insights dont require you to memorize. 

how do you know that?

2 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

how do you know that?

I believe what Charlie is trying to say is that when you've had an epiphany it sticks with you. And not necessarily that he thinks memory of experiences past are invalid. Though I could be wrong, perhaps I'm projecting my own wisdom.

I think it takes practice.  I have had insights that seemed super real, that turned out to be false, but learning they were false was part of learning what was true.  It can be really hard to tell, because you can have like... 90 percent truth, and 10 percent falsity, and picking through it takes some work.  That 10 percent can mess up everything else!  It's certainly not a linear process, that's for sure.

I like to write it out and roll with it, and have had some insights into truth so if something proves false, I just take a step back and try again, a different route.

Sometimes, it is both!  Sometimes karma hits you.  It's all a lesson really, like learning a new skill.