tuku747

Do chairs exist?

15 posts in this topic

"Hey VSAUCE! Michael here!"

Anyone remember watching his videos? No doubt he is one of my favorite YouTubers back in the day. He would introduce many concepts and ideas throughout all academia, science, philosophy and history, then wrap them up by the end of the video in a quirky, yet holistic manner. Well he did a psychology show called Mind Field a while back, in which one of the episodes documented his attendance to an ayahuasca retreat.  Since that show aired he has disappeared making from his normal content for a few years. It's clear he's been doing a lot of reading on ontology, spirituality and "meta-metaphysics" during that time.

Edited by tuku747

Yeah Vsauce is great, glad to see he's still making cool videos. I remember seeing his video on "What is consciousness" back when I had a materialistic paradigm and being so intrigued.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

12 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Yeah Vsauce is great, glad to see he's still making cool videos. I remember seeing his video on "What is consciousness" back when I had a materialistic paradigm and being so intrigued.

Exactly! It was his videos that turned me onto philosophy and metacognition in the first place! :x

I love how he sat down in a full lotus. Based!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

It's good to know that I'm an ontological anti-realist. I knew there was a name for it.

The only thing that the video didn't cover was this: a chair is something you sit on. What makes a chair a chair is its function.  So the stump of a tree in a forest could be "a chair" for example.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

A chair is God.

Stop making it complicated.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A chair is God.

Meh, let him take his time, hes on the right path, atleast hes curious about reality. 

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Meh, let him take his time, hes on the right path, atleast hes curious about reality. 

Or maybe just repeat the word God for two hours twenty-nine minutes and thirteen seconds, whilst looking at the chair.

11 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Or maybe just repeat the word God for two hours twenty-nine minutes and thirteen seconds, whilst looking at the chair.

That would be brainwashing myself, I prefer to look at the chair without any labels at all. 

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

That would be brainwashing myself, I prefer to look at the chair without any labels at all. 

Sure.  You could also sit on it for that direct experience sensation.

@tuku747 I was like "wow he gets it" until he starts talking about the "Me" not being something but the "me-ing" of fundamental particles.

Michael did ayahuasca, got into an isolation room for 3 days, and I bet he meditates and had insights. But he always ends up "integrating" it into the materialist paradigm.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A chair is God.

As if this made it any easier to understand??

Just now, Endangered-EGO said:

Michael did ayahuasca, got into an isolation room for 3 days, and I bet he meditates and had insights. But he always ends up "integrating" it into the materialist paradigm.

I guess that's just part of the identity he has built around his channel, just imagine him suddenly making "woo-woo" videos on "everything is consciousness and you're god"...