Derek White

Sadhguru's Religious And Cultural Bias

63 posts in this topic

If time is not required for enlightenment, why are we not all enlightened at this very instant? It's not like a gotcha question or something, I'm genuinely curious.

1. Because most of us can't stand boredom.

2. Because most of us are still struggling to financially survive.

3. Because there's the illusion that there's so many options out there, so we get confused and we don't know what way or spiritual practice and method to choose, also we have the fear of missing out (FOMO).

4. Because we are slaves to our desires and everything in the capitalistic modern world push us towards this direction.

5. Because we are grew up to be too rational and logic and "know all" oriented, but we lack of playfulness, wonder, openess and real curiousity.

6. Because we used to the idea that things have to happen immediately, we have no patient to worship something vague that requires time and persistence.

Edited by Random witch

@John Doe It's beyond logic. For as long as you try to acquire knowledge using your logic, you will never get there.

And I'm not even remotely claiming that I'm enlightened and therefore able to pass judgment on anyone. I simply know what being in the presence of a master feels like. I can tell you that Eckhart Tolle is the real deal. I can also tell you that bending your mind into a pretzel will never work. Leo's very good at pretzel bending. And sometimes you have to bend those pretzels. But it is not the way. The way that can be talked about is not the way. The tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. You either get this point, or you get stuck in a revolving door.

And why time can't help you? Because time doesn't exist. It's imaginary. If you think time's gonna help you, then you're putting your faith into something that doesn't exist. It's like trying to eat stars from the night sky. It makes no sense.

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same." -Carlos Castaneda

@impulse9 I did not get the point you're trying to convey, but I guess that is a part of this work

On 9/17/2021 at 9:58 PM, impulse9 said:

And why time can't help you? Because time doesn't exist. It's imaginary. If you think time's gonna help you, then you're putting your faith into something that doesn't exist. It's like trying to eat stars from the night sky. It makes no sense.

Sure. But are we not trapped in the samsara? And time is a part of that samsara. It's like when Neo needs to escape the Matrix and has to swallow the red pill. The 'red pill' doesn't actually exist, but he still has to swallow 'it' to escape. Until we can escape we are forced to use the mechanisms of the Illusion, at least that is my understanding. 

Release me.