Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

Fox news lies and distorts information and reality

16 posts in this topic

I mean, it's just crazy. I hear Biden or someone say one thing, and the way this guy twists and distorts reality... They have no systems thinking or understanding of the nuances of what they are talking about. Fox news is a cancer in the mind of US people. 

The blurring and distorting of reality that is taking place all over north America is tough. 

It's not News. It's information being distorted and filtered through a limited bias. 

There is so much I want to say about this. But, I think a life purpose on creating a clean unbiased news information source could be a good one.

Can you report information through a non-biased lens yet still entertain people and keep them attracted to you?

(if posting this here is inappropriate let me know and I can hide)

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Fox News isnt so much news as it is propaganda, its pretty obvious. If you want unbiased news go to Reuters or something. If you want to study the conservative mindset watch Fox News, lol.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

It's all propaganda, whether it's Reuters or FoxNews or any other news source, just depends on the perspective. 

Read some Edward Bernays... 

It's so mind-boggling. People always assume their own news sources are "good" and all the sources, which disagree with their own news-source, are propaganda. 

4 hours ago, BadHippie said:

It's all propaganda, whether it's Reuters or FoxNews or any other news source, just depends on the perspective. 

Read some Edward Bernays... 

It's so mind-boggling. People always assume their own news sources are "good" and all the sources, which disagree with their own news-source, are propaganda. 

i do somewhat agree with that but there are levels to this imo

foxnews is just straight up dumb in your face propaganda, while other channels are smarter at it like maybe cnn is very subtle and thus also sneakier in a way.

@PurpleTree

Yeah I agree. I don´t really know how bad FoxNews is, I don´t really watch that much American News. 

"Propaganda must facilitate the displacement of aggression by specifying the targets for hatred."
– Joseph Goebbels

This I see in FoxNews and CNN though. They are both creating enemies. Maybe to a different degree, but they are still doing it. But if you are able to get the "truth" from different perspectives and don´t let yourself be divided by some narrative you are on a good way. 

The problem with Fox is how they strangle so many events and speeches together in their own concocted biased interpretation of what is happening it creates rage and fear in people when there really shouldn't be. These people at fox don't know how to run of government, deal with a pandemic or deal with difficult foreign affairs yet they speak as if they do and it is creating a riff in the collective epistemology of the country. There has to be a way to clean this up. How will 50 more years of this shape the world? 

Like when reporters say "so and so failed to do this" I mean, sometimes the problem is still on going.

I notice a similar thing happening in Canadian election debates. The formatting is so fucking bad and people are so low brow its a waste of Canadians time. IF you are just consuming news media you have no fucking idea what is really going on. You are sheep in a herd. 

Where are the Good Shepperds? 

I read some of George Orwells diary entries. He said the same thing was happening in France way back in his time. Different biased newspapers being distributed around the country all with their own selfish interests and biases. 

This type of biased information distortion is nothing new. But, the media has changed...

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Interesting take. I see rage, fear, hatred being created on both sides, at least here in Germany - "Alternative-" and "Mainstream-"Media, right-wing / left-wing perspectives and so on. 

A lot of vaccinated people have a deep fear towards unvaccinated people and vice-versa. It´s hard not to get sucked into this, if you simply follow some authority and don´t do your own research. Fear towards other people has skyrocketed here in Germany. There are a lot of children (my mother works in a kindergarten) with really unhealthy manifestations of this fear. 

People seem to lose touch to each other because of all the fear. There are few things worse - in my opinion - than the inability to listen to other perspectives because you feel morally superior. 

It has gotten super hard to build authentic-relationships, between people who are divided by this "stupid" question of being vaccinated and a "sheep" or unvaccinated and "lacking in solidarity" or a "conspiracy-theorist". 

Even here on the Forum, with so many self-proclaimed "conscious"-people (myself included), throwing labels at each other instead of trying to make sense together. I´ve hardly seen any high-quality discussions in the last few weeks here. 

Edited by BadHippie

@BadHippie I mean, we need to be somewhat sheep because there is way too much information for us too know everything and be completely sovereign. We need news and experts. 

We need cohesion though. Noise makes sense to me too, people are being fed different stuff. 

◭"89"

Hannity has always been a pure hack. He is not an honest actor.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Would you say he is hurting America and his Audience? It should be a crime to be so biased as a reporter.

◭"89"

Fox News is destroying America.

I'm not saying it's a crime though.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@BadHippie I mean, we need to be somewhat sheep because there is way too much information for us too know everything and be completely sovereign. We need news and experts. 

We need cohesion though. Noise makes sense to me too, people are being fed different stuff. 

image.jpeg

@BadHippie Yup. The mainstream media has been a medium in which truth is managed and handled to benefit share holders and their "interests", while managing and distorting the perspective of the people, while simultaneously creating a divide amongst each other.

To all reading this, consider that when you're options for president were once, John Kerry (D) and George Bush Jr. (R), both of whom went to Yale University and were both members of Skulls and Bones (club at Yale), how is it possible, the odds of that happening considering your population, that this is the land of the free? that these are your choices? Wake up america :) 

When you consider the influence on the world (industry/politics/legislation) from countries like Qatar, Israel, and China, the notion that "Trump and Russia" is your biggest worry, this is absurd, kind of like "weapons of mass destruction". But then again, they did just leave them 85 billions worth of gear in Afghanistan, so maybe they just had foresight ;) (jk)

For those who don't know Edward Bernays, go read his book "Propaganda". https://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Bernays_Propaganda_in_english_.pdf 

As well go look at Edward and Ivy Lee, there relationship to media, big business, the military, and government. Addionally, go do your homework and follow the money and if you do this, you will begin to see that a small few, own all mainstream outlets. 

Edited by Johnny Galt

◭"89"

It’s true that Fox News is not a news media outlet. But rather it seems to be a medium for viewers that have a lot of frustration and anger inside of them. It gives people things to be outraged about, it acts as a temporary outlet for that anger. People feel their anger is justified and verbalized through what the people on Fox say. 

Of course this strategy doesn’t help anyone in the grand scheme of things. It just breeds more hate and demonization. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)