iboughtleosbooklist

Leo, how can you claim to know anything if there's no self ?

14 posts in this topic

Knowledge can appear to happen. There’s just no one separate from everything who actually knows anything. Doesn’t mean knowledge can’t appear to be.

15 minutes ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

@Lauritz Bewer explain why I'm wrong?

Your not a biological self who has consciousness.  You are Consciousness itself or Being.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 minutes ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

@Inliytened1 If I'm just being it how can I control it lol. There's nobody in control. It's perfectly out of control. It's just happening, end of story.

How do YOU know that?

@iboughtleosbooklist no self doesn't mean no Leo. The organism Leo can make claims and know things. It's just that there's no separate 'self' hiding inside the organism Leo somewhere who 'does things'. The ego is an illusion.   The organism Leo does what it does automatically.. it grows hair, and beats it's heart, and thinks thoughts, and makes claims, and remembers things, and makes deciscions, and knows things, and imagines ego.. but it does these things 'as it will'. Perfectly out of control, as you say. 

Is Leo thinking his own thoughts? Organism Leo is thinking thoughts.. Ego Leo is not.. Ego Leo is just more thought that organism Leo is identifying as, or at times, letting go of. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

3 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

@iboughtleosbooklist no self doesn't mean no Leo. The organism Leo can make claims and know things. It's just that there's no separate 'self' hiding inside the organism Leo somewhere who 'does things'. The ego is an illusion.   The organism Leo does what it does automatically.. it grows hair, and beats it's heart, and thinks thoughts, and makes claims, and remembers things, and makes deciscions, and knows things, and imagines ego.. but it does these things 'as it will'. Perfectly out of control, as you say. 

Is Leo thinking his own thoughts? Organism Leo is thinking thoughts.. Ego Leo is not.. Ego Leo is just more thought that organism Leo is identifying as, or at times, letting go of. 

?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

6 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

Ego Leo is just more thought that organism Leo is identifying as, or at times, letting go of. 

the leo's ego is who identifies himself, who lets go, who realizes God, who suffers, who stops suffering, who transcends, who everything, because without ego there is no who. there is only the totality. And the ego is the totality, but seems separate. That's why they say Illusion 

and going back to the title of the post, leo claims to know things because leo is an ego that (apparently) know things. that we are, the totality that speaks to itself

Edited by Breakingthewall

You are claiming that there is a "leo" out there that knows. 

You are projecting outwards a character called leo onto your self.

I honestly think most of this forum is doing the same thing without realizing it.

Notice that you do not know who leo is, you have never met him in person. He could be an npc disguised as a person for all you know.

stop projecting, you are looking in the wrong direction.

Turn around and look inside of your self instead of starting useless arguments in here that'll get you nowhere

On 9/14/2021 at 4:00 AM, iboughtleosbooklist said:

No self.

No more words needed.

Then why are you still yapping?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 9/15/2021 at 5:50 AM, Leo Gura said:

Then why are you still yapping?

@Leo Gura Leo, this would be a good topic for an upcoming video. There is a lot of confusion on the topic of no self. Even when we become god, there is a continuation of conscious awareness with a link of memory to our personalities. You don't have to label this self, but this awareness is you. It is eternal and can not be extinguished.