Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-Rowan

I can't narrow down my impact statement, could I get some Feedback?

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I've been focusing hard on the impact statement aspect of the Life Purpose Course recently. 

I'm having a hard time narrowing it down, trying to get to the root of what I'm trying to say.

I have brainstormed over 60 impact statements, which I've narrowed down to 7 using the process from the book "The One Thing" by Gary Keller.

I resonate with them all, and they seem to have some overlap. I'm finding it hard to narrow them down into more concrete phrases, and I'm concerned they are still too abstract.

1.     Guiding people through expanded states of consciousness that generate their self-growth. Achieving mental health, wellbeing, and clarity through Psychedelic Therapies or Transpersonal Coaching.

2.     Teaching people how to achieve true freedom in every aspect of their lives - spiritual, financial, creative, career, health, relationships.

3.     Using and teaching systems that optimize mental and physical vitality, wellbeing, and consciousness to achieve a feeling of transcendence.

4.     Help human society become interplanetary by peacefully contacting E.T Civilisations.

5.     Create an ultimate, universal, integrative spiritual evolution system for humanity.

6.     To invoke spiritual, transcendent states of aliveness, inspiration, boundlessness, expansion, and transcendence to grow humanity and heal people.

7.     To offer humanity conceptual, emotional, and spiritual growth.

I'm having a hard time boiling these down into one impact statement which is concrete. Do you guys have any advice? Have I completely over-thought this?

All the best,

Rowan

These are good! I really like numbers 3 and 6. My impact statement is "using my love of creative self-expression to inspire people to discover their unique gifts" (I'm an artist). Maybe that will help you.  I don't think you can overthink it. You've already narrowed it down quite a bit so that's encouraging. Make sure it really resonates with you. 

"You Create Magic" 

@-Rowan Yea I wouldn't over think this. Pick something that you can work with for a while. It doesn't have to be some final thing. This can change moving forward. It will change. Most important thing you need to be doing right now is taking action to build the necessary skills.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@flowerfaeiry @space 

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I just need to pick the one that resonates with me the most and go from there. I'm an INFJ on the Myers Briggs side of things and the combination of Introverted Intuition and Introverted thinking can cause a perfectionistic overthinking loop sometimes. 

Read your 7 statements back to yourself, visualize the impact you will have on others, and ask: "Which of these makes me feel the highest love?"

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.