Leo Gura

Death By Bad Epistemology

17 posts in this topic

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

This is how our species got intelligent. The less intelligent people die and the intelligent ones survive. Evolution at work.

Makes me think.. What consequences would it have for the species if we make sure that also the less intelligent people survive.. Or in other words: if we stop the evolution.

@Blackhawk If you make someone more intelligent then they cease being less intelligent and everyone wins.

This is otherwise known as education.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Blackhawk If you make someone more intelligent then they cease being less intelligent and everyone wins.

This is otherwise known as education.

But...

Some people are born with less intelligent brains/minds. You can't make them intelligent in any way.

1 minute ago, Blackhawk said:

But...

Some people are born with less intelligent brains/minds. You can't make them intelligent in any way.

Most such people simply got shitty education.

Be careful blaming genetics.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Most such people simply got shitty education.

Be careful blaming genetics.

Hmm.. most? Or maybe like 50%? Or 40%? I don't know. But maybe you are right that most of them simply got shitty education.

Edited by Blackhawk

24 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

This is how our species got intelligent. The less intelligent people die and the intelligent ones survive. Evolution at work.

Makes me think.. What consequences would it have for the species if we make sure that also the less intelligent people survive.. Or in other words: if we stop the evolution.

What if her soul claimed by Corona gods and now she's having tea party with kings and queens? Am I so bad with episteme? also there was a time when Aztec's practiced human sacrifice. I bet intelligent ones got their heart torn off. Well here we are. 

@Sucuk Ekmek

2 hours ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

What if her soul claimed by Corona gods and now she's having tea party with kings and queens? Am I so bad with episteme? also there was a time when Aztec's practiced human sacrifice. I bet intelligent ones got their heart torn off. Well here we are. 

And that's because the Aztecs were a stage red/blue society with elements of stage purple worldview with their spiritual views and practices. Mainly it's where their at consciously speaking. However, evolution is intelligent, and they didn't last long anyways against the Spanish conquistadors that arrived, as they are more developed in different aspects of society, like technological warfare, more developed weaponry, more solid stage blue worldview

As a 90s song once goes, "Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding"

Pretty accurate.

It's strange. The government is trying to keep people safe, meanwhile they fight them tooth and nail ahah

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Sucuk Ekmek

And that's because the Aztecs were a stage red/blue society with elements of stage purple worldview with their spiritual views and practices. Mainly it's where their at consciously speaking. However, evolution is intelligent, and they didn't last long anyways against the Spanish conquistadors that arrived, as they are more developed in different aspects of society, like technological warfare, more developed weaponry, more solid stage blue worldview

If evolution is intelligent same thing applies for spiral dynamics as well. Who knows maybe it will get outdated like an app? So we  might need to restate what we wrote here. I think we take things for granted. These colors are subject to change.

8 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

IQ Scores Are Falling in "Worrying" Reversal of 20th Century Intelligence Boom

Destiny makes a good point about how the media is kind of contributing to this problem by sloppy journalism or the misrepresentation of facts. This gives conspiracy theorists the opportunity to make themselves seem more credible and trustworthy.

Also a great deconstruction of how utterly silly and inconsistent these positions are, even if on the surface they might seem reasonable. I think Destiny is actually doing something really valuable here by showing people how to look at these claims, how to do the research to verify them and the general thought process as to how to really get a good grasp as to what is being said.

Joe Rogan is like a misinformation machine, he is utterly full of shit and doesn't realize it at all. His positions are largely genuine, but he completely lacks the ability to navigate the modern information landscape, which is precisely why he is so harmful to society despite his good intentions.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

The fact remains that CNN's journalism is more accurate than Joe Rogan's claims of being cured by Ivermectin.

This is exactly what I said in this week's episode.

People taking Joe Rogan more seriously than CNN is the absurdity here.

Of course CNN has their own spin and biases, but Rogan's biases dwarf CNN's.

Rogan voted for Gary Johnston in 2016. Just think about how dumb that is.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

The fact remains that CNN's journalism is more accurate than Joe Rogan's claims of being cured by Ivermectin.

Thanks to right wing edgelords

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course CNN has their own spin and biases, but Rogan's biases dwarf CNN's.

Rogan voted for Gary Johnston in 2016. Just think about how dumb that is.

Exactly, but the fundamental problem is that when CNN is inaccurate, it creates people who believe in the Joe Rogans of the world, or atleast affirms their position. People shouldn't take Joe Rogan more seriously than CNN, but sadly it just looks much worse on CNN when they get something wrong, which is what helps people like Rogan seem more credible.

Glory to Israel