Hardkill

California recall election on September 14th

25 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Governor Newsom DEFEATED the recall effort! Yeaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/09/14/us/california-recall-election-newsom

What a major relief that is for Californians like myself!:)

Congrats. There's a medicare for all bill being pushed in Cali that would be cool if it could get pushed through. Maybe having medicare for all in one state first would be a good catalyst for other states to follow suit. 

California should pass a bill where if a libertarian ever runs for office and loses, the winner gets to kick him in the nuts on live TV.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

California should pass a bill where if a libertarian ever runs for office and loses, the winner gets to kick him in the nuts on live TV.

Haha

On 9/15/2021 at 3:28 AM, whatishappeningtome said:

Congrats. There's a medicare for all bill being pushed in Cali that would be cool if it could get pushed through. Maybe having medicare for all in one state first would be a good catalyst for other states to follow suit. 

Thanks! I didn't know about that. Though I wonder if even California itself can financially afford to pay for something like that for everyone throughout all of CA. Also, despite the fact that the Newsom is a centre-left Democrat and currently both houses of the California State Legislature are controlled by veto-proof Democratic supermajorities, I don't know if we have enough Democrats in either the state-level executive branch or the state-level legislative branch of CA who really have it in them to pass such a bill.

There might be a number of moderate and conservative Democrats in either or both houses of CA state legislature, who might be making up all kinds of BS excuses like "Medicare for All in the state of CA is a liberal or progressive pipe dream. We can't afford to pay for it.....We also shouldn't just pass it strictly along party lines. Otherwise, It would be unfair to our Republican colleagues in the California State Legislature who are unable to get a fair voice in our assembly.....This bill would be too divisive for our CA constituents.....blah, blah, blah......"

Furthermore, I am not sure if Newsom himself truly wants a single-payer healthcare system to actually happen, because he did campaign on that for his 2018 gubernatorial race, but then has let us down on that by never really following up on that for about 3 years now.

I don't know. I guess we'll have to see.

On 9/15/2021 at 3:39 AM, Leo Gura said:

Haha! I'd especially love to sees Newsom kick both Elder and Jenner in their balls and then laugh at them while they suffer. Ahahaha!