Hardkill

California recall election on September 14th

25 posts in this topic

So, tomorrow will be the California recall election, and even though the most recent polling averages have been showing Newsom having the greatest lead he's ever had for tomorrow's election, I am still nervous about the outcome because there's always the very slight possibility that polls could be very well off. Here is a prediction from a very young, but highly intelligent student who will a newly enrolled Harvard student beginning this Fall:

I pray that he too is right, because if someone like Larry Elder wins then not only will this be a disaster for California as a whole, but also for the entire country as well. Not only will California deteriorate greatly by the executive orders that will be made by a crazy right-wing black sellout running the state, but also US senator Dianne Feinstein will be replaced by Elder if she dies very soon due to very old age. Plus, if Newsom loses, then it will provide a major wind in the sails for Republicans for the 2022 midterm elections.

Larry Elder is a first class libertarian douche.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Homeless go to California precisely because it's nice there.

It's good to be homeless in California weather.

And the house prices in California are so high because everyone wants to live there. Basic supply and demand.

I would live in California if the prices were more reasonable. There are REALLY nice places in California. You gotta go to the right spots.

Yes, taxes there are high and create some disincentives when other states have such low taxes. But Cali has the best culture and it's much more eco-friendly due to all the regulations.

Larry Elder is def not going to fix California's homeless problem. This notion is a joke. Libertrianism will only create more homeless.

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Homeless go to California precisely because it's nice there.

It's good to be homeless in California weather.

And the house prices in California are so high because everyone wants to live there. Basic supply and demand.

I would live in California if the prices were more reasonable. There are REALLY nice places in California. You gotta go to the right spots.

Yes, taxes there are high and create some disincentives when other states have such low taxes. But Cali has the best culture and it's much more eco-friendly due to all the regulations.

Larry Elder is def not going to fix California's homeless problem. This notion is a joke. Libertrianism will only create more homeless.

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

So, you think that Newsom is going to be alright?

It will be good to see Elder make it so people can see it doesn't matter whos in charge.  The problems will still exist and prevail.  

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

So, you think that Newsom is going to be alright?

No idea. My hope is Cali doesn't want a Repub.

If someone thinks Larry Elder is gonna fix Cali, they are smoking the wrong kind of dope.

2 hours ago, Tanz said:

It will be good to see Elder make it so people can see it doesn't matter whos in charge.  The problems will still exist and prevail.  

Has Trump not taught you that it matters very much who's in charge?

Do you need a literal Hitler to convince you?

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Has Trump not taught you that it matters very much who's in charge?

Do you need a literal Hitler to convince you?

haha, America is very slow to learn, apparently, Trump wasn't enough and Biden is doing a terrible job to give the right more fuel to point. Thanks to TV and social media people have been easily manipulated into feeling a disconnect rather than a sense of commonality.

With Elder in charge, it will get both sides to realize it's time to create a 3rd party that holds real liberal ideas.  Its obvious that Elder has lots of self-hate and anger within him that he projects outward like a Ben Shapiro or Candice Owens.  I think the idiots that follow them need to see them for what they really are.  

Edited by Tanz

The guy who wants to lower minimum wage to $0 is going to fix your homelessness problem?

LOL

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Apart from right-wingers/libertarians who are rushing to escape, because they believe Cali is in decline and taxes are too high. 

18 minutes ago, Stovo said:

Apart from right-wingers/libertarians who are rushing to escape, because they believe Cali is in decline and taxes are too high. 

People are rushing to escape because housing prices are too high.

Cali became too successful and popular for its own good. Like an overcrowded restaurant.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Cali became too successful and popular for its own good. Like an overcrowded restaurant.

Same as Sydney, Australia. It's a great city but if you have no inherited wealth, even if you do everything "right" and earn upwards of 100K a year, you're still gonna be paying upwards of 1.2 million for a 3 bedroom house. 

Seems the same as Vancouver, Toronto, LA, London etc. 

Edited by whatishappeningtome

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just moved to Aliso Viejo. It's free and pretty spacious.

image1.jpeg

I grew up in Aliso.

2 hours ago, Cocolove said:

Just moved to Aliso Viejo. It's free and pretty spacious.

image1.jpeg

Wow beautiful

Also a huge housing crisis in Canada

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I grew up in Aliso.

That's crazy how serendipitous. Let me know if you come for a visit! I'll be in college here for 3 more years. Currently working on starting a university psychedelic club. SUA is a cool college in a class today we talked about science and religion and compared how they were structurally similar. Both beg the question/circular reasoning, similar structure of their creation stories. Seems like some good quality green maybe yellowish.

Edit: @Leo Gura did you go to aliso niguel high school(right by me)? did you know about Soka university of america?

Edited by Cocolove