Leo Gura

7 More Hours With Curt

62 posts in this topic

@Blackhawk I understand your passion but be careful not to get hung up on Leo the persona. That will distract you from the work.

Leo the persona is irrelevant here. Really. It's just a vessel with a mouth for making noises.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Blackhawk I understand your passion but be careful not to get too hung up on Leo the persona. That will distract you from the work.

Leo the persona is irrelevant here. Really. It's just a vessel with a mouth for making noises.

I know I know. I don't.. I think it's at a healthy level.

Edited by Blackhawk

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Blackhawk I understand your passion but be careful not to get hung up on Leo the persona. That will distract you from the work.

I'm not like the other people who get too hung up on your persona and can't see you as a vessel with a mouth. Don't underestimate me :)

But that of course doesn't stop me from also liking your persona.

Edited by Blackhawk

6 hours ago, Mada_ said:

Doesn't butt get sore from sitting so long?

people sit in offices and cubicles all day

so far i like this second episode much better, nicer talk, calmer and more interesting imo

Edited by PurpleTree

Omg they shed tears together, so beautiful, Curt is deep, man.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

12 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

But yes I'm a bad student because I don't make any progress, 

its gonna click for you one day, and when it does, its going to be the most beauitful thing ever.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

The part about love from God when you don't deserve at about 3 hours in was a wow moment for me. 

It happened to me last mushroom trip. I wondered if I was crazy. 

I interpreted it as the earth talking to me - didn't feel like Yahweh, no gender or female if anything - but something talked to me and said I love you. 

I said I was sorry for what we were doing to the earth. 

I said how can you love us (humans) after the things we've done? 

It said I just do. 

And I wept. 

23 hours ago, Rilles said:

Omg they shed tears together, so beautiful, Curt is deep, man.

Curt: "i don't deserve gods love", a lot to unpack there. 

Leo then gave a exact explanation, but i felt as if he wasn't listening or it wasn't understood. 

Curts "facing god" scenario would of been completely recontextualized. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

12 hours ago, QandC said:

When that happened I recognized a slight cringe arising but still it was fun 

Dont be afraid of emotions. Learn to cry with other people, its bring you together. 

@integral Yeah, I sensed some trauma/guilt or something there, hope he can introspect more on that. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Really nice episode and it was fun seeing a more personal side of you @Leo Gura

??

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Good interview... 

However, @Leo Gura I didn't agree with your definition of spiritual bypassing. 

Here is a more correct definition: Spiritual bypass or spiritual bypassing is a "tendency to use spiritual ideas and practices to sidestep or avoid facing unresolved emotional issues, psychological wounds, and unfinished developmental tasks". The term was introduced in the early 1980s by John Welwood, a Buddhist teacher and psychotherapist.

In other words, people tend to use spirituality to bypass their emotional and psychological development.

As a spiritual teacher, you should be aware that you might introduce spiritual bypassing into your students. For example, some of your students believe that taking 5-MEO-DMT will solve all their life problems, while they haven't actually actualized their most basic needs from the Maslow pyramid. :) 

6 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

Here is a more correct definition: Spiritual bypass or spiritual bypassing is a "tendency to use spiritual ideas and practices to sidestep or avoid facing unresolved emotional issues, psychological wounds, and unfinished developmental tasks".

That is exactly what I said

Just finished up on part 2. I’ve gotta say hats off to both. A lot of wisdom to be had from the discussion. A calm, relaxed, genuine, intelligent conversation. From my own perspective was easy to follow, although I understand that me being fully aware of the teachings, what they are and what they’re about, made what was being discussed very straightforward to me personally, where as confusion and objections would obviously be had by the majority of Curt’s audience without any experience of awakenings.

What was great for me was the relaxed attitude from both parties. And seeing Curt’s mind opening in the moment, kind of in real time. One of my greatest joys is seeing a mind opening, as in somethings hitting a nail here, theres a barrier being penetrated. It’s like you can feel within yourself an expansion of another mind. I could see this happening with Curt. Both Leo and Curt seemed to do a bit of emptying of the soul, if that’s the right phrase to use, with the conversation being so genuine. It was great to see. At times it was almost like watching Curt in therapy as he contemplated with a little soul searching. You can tell that Curt will take a lot from the interview. And maybe one day take the plunge into the work himself. Hopefully his audience watched/watch on in a similar fashion.

It was a pleasant watch, so again hats off to both, well done ?? 

@Leo Gura  Concerning the alien view on reality thing (reality is not normal) you mentioned at the end:

Sometimes I feel like going insane when recognizing in direct experience (not intellectually but experientially) that this body is so weird it is alien.

This alien-cosmic feel also came when it was thought about how reality is infinite and this finite experience is almost non-existent in infinity. Then there was a shift in the body that this experience is not human. That this body was never alive. Felt outerworldly.

How to differentiate between going insane and genuinely expanding your mind? These things happen without intention. There's just curiosity to explore and contemplate just for the joy of it.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

23 hours ago, QandC said:

When that happened I recognized a slight cringe arising but still it was fun 

You have to feel it, not think about it. Then you'll cry as well, it's beautiful! 

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

1 hour ago, Loving Radiance said:

How to differentiate between going insane and genuinely expanding your mind?

Of course there is no boundary between sanity and insanity. It's actually crazy to believe such a boundary would exist.

Part 3 will be 10 hours long :D. Great stuff ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.