Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mada_

Business/Sales Question for Leo

4 posts in this topic

Hi Leo, 

In the conscious politics episode, you talk about Trump having an extremely limited skillset, one of those skills being SPIN. 

I remember there was another episode, I think it was the dualities episode, where you briefly mentioned that some sales people believe they have to be manipulative or dishonest when going through a sales process. 

I am currently a full-time salesperson of Photocopiers, my motivation for staying in sales is that I want to develop a digital marketing skillset, and be able to grow any business, including any of my own projects. 

A large part of my education in this role has been SPIN selling. I have also observed some occasional dishonesty amongst my superiors, never at a large scale e.g. When wanting to speak to a decision maker during cold phone calls, my manager may say that the person is expecting their call to the receptionist, when they are not. 

My question is:

- Am I potentially going down the wrong path by putting a lot of time into learning SPIN?

4 hours ago, Mada_ said:

Am I potentially going down the wrong path by putting a lot of time into learning SPIN?

If you're not careful that could spin off into a long career in devilry.

I understand why you do it (to survive), but remember, survival tends to boomerang. So don't go overboard with it.

Do whatever you want. But don't forget, there's karma.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 12/10/2021 at 2:49 PM, Max8 said:

what is SPIN ? 

Search SPIN selling in google, it's a sales strategy