Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PepperBlossoms

Finding Myself Gullible for Everything

8 posts in this topic

Watch a movie, know it isn't real but keep on forgetting and thinking it is - then react with empathy for characters during movie

Wake up from sleeping and tell myself its Tuesday and look around as if it is so and then say, oh it is still Monday and then look around as if it is so

There is no truth - there is only appearance.  Stuff appears to be true just like stuff appears to be false.  It keeps on appearing so until the appearance changes and then it appears as something else.  Such as - see it as true until the form is different and then see it as a different way of now being true.

Know that social norms are all made up but I keep on falling for going along with them anyway

Know that I am all part of reality but then I still walk around at the gym like I am a person who walks around like how others walk around (even though I could walk around however)

What do you find yourself being gullible for?  How do you catch yourself/notice and then what changes after that?

Thinking what has been helpful to me will be helpful to others, gets me every time. It teaches me that people actually don't need me to thrive (or may even prefer misery) which is liberating.

Did you know the word gullible doesn't exist in any dictionary?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

haha I totally believed you and googled the word. I am so gullible!! xD

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Only a gullible person would believe that Leo!

Did you know that Leo in another life would be Cleopatra, if he were both a woman?

(just kidding!) I couldn’t resist the temptation to say that the names are eerily similar ?

8 hours ago, lxlichael said:

@PepperBlossoms You're a shark and there's heaps of fish swimming all around you and you haven't eaten for days, the thing is there's thousands of other pseudo-fish that you have to avoid thinking are real fish otherwise you will die from the poison that's been injected into them.

That's the perceptual ability you have to work on, inwardly and outwardly.

These are the kinds of skills you need if you're at all interested in joining the illuminati. 

Get back to me when you're ready for something serious there.

Wow.  That was deep!  Like ocean deep and just like wow.  Love the imagery.

It can be hard in that what we see we say is truth and it isn't until what we see changes that we then say that the new thing is truth and the old thing is false and reality keeps on shapeshifting and so notions of truth keep on changing over and over again...

I am so used to assuming the floor is hard for instance, that I tend to just assume it will support me.

I guess one can write up all the ways it is well known for people to be gullible/tricked and then study those: Phone call/text message scams, person knocking on front door, various advertising/mail, the way someone responds such as how well they answer the question and how thorough/detailed the answer seems, the logic used and if it makes sense and matches up with the info you had, if anything every looks off/different - look deeper there to see why it seems so, looking around at one's surroundings, tracing back to what happened previously - epistemology and how you got to where you are now, be observant, etc.  It is hard to not fall for stuff anyway like getting lost in thoughts, emotions, dreams - but that can be fun as well.  I keep on putting meaning/personality on everything but I guess to just make an effort to notice constantly all the meanings/personalities that are getting applied and keep on trying to take them back to the most basic meaningless/personality less thing as it was before I painted it onto it so I(we) don't get stuck.

Edited by PepperBlossoms

That then brings up using epistemology to describe how we got to where we are and how we have no memory of being born - also like in a dream no memory of how we got to the dream - or thoughts and no memory of deciding to start thinking a thought other than being deep in thought

@lxlichael Definitely interested in being on team illuminati.

17 hours ago, lxlichael said:

Perception is a shape shifter, I'm making it martial arts of mine to help me weed through people that are shape shifters unless I've assigned them or need them for a particular duty ha.

What do you mean by people that are shapeshifters?  Like you feel like you don't know the real them and they are just putting on a show of whatever is going to serve them in that moment?

Narcissists tend to be easily scammed because they believe in their own self-delusions very easily, you're not a narcissist though I can distinguish between someone who is and someone who isn't ha. In a crowded room within the White House I may make the mistake of assuming everyone is a narcissist including you though ha.

Sometimes I consider myself to be a narcissist.

Intuition, perception and holistic views give us a sense of "common sense" when held together so that can be useful. The logic is the icing on the cake. In scams they tend to bind the logic to be as internal as possible and then soak it with emotion, if you held that false diamond though up against the light that represented the entire world you'd see what a waste of time it is though. People struggle with scams because we can all struggle with perspective sometimes. 

Interesting point on soaking something with emotion.  Can you give some examples for that?  I can see that when someone is trying to hire me and they are using lots of emotion there, I question that; or when talking to someone and they are really excited, I may question that.  Or someone trying to sell a product and being excited about it or being all excited when talking about how great their company is.

Well, we can either falsify memory completely or we can discern which is right and which seems more epistemically flawed. If we use that as an example of how this could be a dream its really no different to using how the memory of yesterday could be used as an example because we have no memory of how the memory got created. It's really all just utilitarian for me anyhow with respect to truth and past experience. In the end I think we should make personal what truly feels personal after we've discerned a good deal of what butterflies were authentic and which ones were not. 

Sometimes it is easier to just falsify the whole thing so as to not put more projection/meaning onto something and just move on.  There are an infinite amount of ways to put projection/meaning onto something and it is all relative and based on what other projections/meanings that we have already come up with/been exposed to.

Interesting point of the no memory of how memory got created. 

They have forms at your local post office you could fill out if you're really interested. On any of the "official forms" of the post office there's an ultra thin layer you can peel off that's the entire circumference of the page, underneath is the official illuminati form :P . That's why post office forms feel ever so slightly thicker than your standard A4 paper thickness.

I didn't fall for that one! 9_9