Leo Gura

Are You A Psychopath?

201 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If that's true, that's such a horribly misleading way to word it.

It makes literally everyone feel like a psychopath.

Yeah when I first saw it I was also confused because of the way they put it. They should rather say "you are... percent more/less psychopathic than average" 

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

If that's true, that's such a horribly misleading way to word it.

It makes literally everyone feel like a psychopath.

take the average of the two percentages ... 100 means total psychopath ... 0 means no psychopathic tendencies detected

4 minutes ago, lxlichael said:

I am very non-manipulative in this sense. 

xD

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

"You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 57.99% of people who have taken this test.

You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 44.28% of people who have taken this test."

Damn, I thought I was nice :(

Just now, lxlichael said:

I was even indoctrinated by the delivery people.

Hard to imagine. Or maybe they were indoctrinated by your innocent looks. :P

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

5 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

You're average if you score higher than 50% of people, which seems to be about 2.5. Higher than 50% of people also means lower than 50% of people ;)

Average means in the average data area. 

If you have 5/5 it would be closer to average as 1/5 as you obviously see on the graph. 

The percentage does not say much because it is about the correlation of both metrices in this case which is not hard to see for everybody. 

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

12 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Average means in the average data area. 

If you have 5/5 it would be closer to average as 1/5 as you obviously see on the graph. 

The percentage does not say much because it is about the correlation of both metrices in this case which is not hard to see for everybody. 

The percentage says exactly what it says. I don't see what is so hard about it ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

The percentage says exactly what it says. I don't see what is so hard about it ?

Nope, if you have 1.25 primary psychopathy and 0 secondary psychopathy you would be above average. If you had 1.25 primary and 1.25 secondary psychopathy you would be in the average domain.

These metrics are obviously only another way to describe the percentage values. You seem to be closed minded, open yourself. I bet you can do it ;)

Left means not right

1.3, 10.51%
1.6, 9.61%
This should not be missconstrued for social virtue. Psychopathy, if used in a wise matter could be a socially good thing.
The number of psychopaths out there worries me tho. Any imagined political system gotta take them into account.

Edited by martins name

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Your score from primary psychopathy has been calculated as 1.2.

Your score from secondary psychopathy has been calculated as 1.1

You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 5.51% of people who have taken this test.
You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 0.53% of people who have taken this test.

@Leo Gura the weighting of the test may be biased. After all, which people are most likely to take the test? those who have internet, speak English, have an interest in psychological matters and so on. Obviously not the general population.

1 hour ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Nope, if you have 1.25 primary psychopathy and 0 secondary psychopathy you would be above average.

If you score higher than 50% of people on either metric, that means you're exactly average compared to the rest of the test takers. I have no idea what you're talking about though.

22 hours ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

I honestly answered the questions

Do I have to worry now? :D

Screenshot 2021-09-13 at 22.50.56.png

look at the graph and on the axis which do represent each score.

Left means not right

10 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

look at the graph and on the axis which do represent each score.

You're not average just because you fall within the green area. You have to take all the data into account to determine the average, which means it will actually be somewhere outside the green area.

Yes, of course. This is not what I am saying. Even if you take into account all the data, the correlation between the metrics is still nonlinear in the same way. And the green area is a massive one, which takes most of the weighting anyways.

The way you explain it is like you are talking about a concentric-circular map. Then your statement would apply. However, obviously this is not the case.

Left means not right

I got to be honest, I took this test while being in a bad state so I scored 2.1 which was about 50% above average on primary and 3.2 which was 83% above average

Am I a psychopath? Could be yes. But I hope it doesn't come to that. 

2 minutes ago, Strangeloop said:

50% above average

Gotta say there is a great diversity of interpretations of the results ? A score of 2.1 is an average score, not "50% above average" (whatever that means).

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I think this test has turned into a dumpster fire.

Sorry, my bad.

With this medical psychology shit people often stumble into the territory of negotiating between cut/dry disorders vs scale. I just personally say fuck off to it all 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.