Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
How to be wise

Can we trust deepak chopra?

4 posts in this topic

I’ve learnt a lot from deepak chopra. There’s no doubt that he has a lot to offer in health and spirituality. But some of his claims are really hard to believe. For example, when talking about siddhis, he mentioned that he was once in a train station with a yogi, and chopra had to go because his train had just arrived. But the yogi told him to wait, promising him that he won’t miss the train. After chopra and the yogi spoke for about 30 minutes, chopra ran to the train platform, and to his surprise, the train was still there. It was waiting for 30 minutes! The yogi used his powers to keep the train at the station.

No matter how trustworthy one can be, it’s really difficult to buy such a story from them. The only question is, why chopra would make this up? And if he lied in this story, how much of what he says is really true?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

All things which are known can only be so through experience because experience is prior to knowing. Therefore, the only way you would know the limitations of the aforementioned yogi is if you had access to all of his experience(including whatever Sadhana he did that presumably endowed him with his ability). Alternatively, you could recreate the practice that the yogi did yourself. Only when you've done this would you have any idea as to whether the story is realistic or not. Otherwise, you're proving the story is false via pure incredulity.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

I’ve learnt a lot from deepak chopra. There’s no doubt that he has a lot to offer in health and spirituality. But some of his claims are really hard to believe. For example, when talking about siddhis, he mentioned that he was once in a train station with a yogi, and chopra had to go because his train had just arrived. But the yogi told him to wait, promising him that he won’t miss the train. After chopra and the yogi spoke for about 30 minutes, chopra ran to the train platform, and to his surprise, the train was still there. It was waiting for 30 minutes! The yogi used his powers to keep the train at the station.

No matter how trustworthy one can be, it’s really difficult to buy such a story from them. The only question is, why chopra would make this up? And if he lied in this story, how much of what he says is really true?

It may be true. 

In some countries, trains may not be so frequent. Furthermore, this occurred in the past so trains are even less efficient and scarce. So trains' frequency at that station my be at intervals of 15 mins. If one driver is away, they may purposely delay the train interval to 30 mins (I know bus drivers do that)

Take what is useful and discard what is useless.every teacher has some bullshit stuff which we need to ignore.that does not mean his rest of stuff is useless.i even find some of leos material to be bullshit.but that does not mean his rest are not gold.

I find it hard to understand 7 spiritual laws.its turqoise wisdom.how did u understand chopra