Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Extreme Z7

Memes by Anti-Vaxxers Before They Died

33 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Tim R said:

I think it's deeply lacking in compassion to find amusement in the deaths of those who were misinformed, afraid and therefore lacking in trust and courage to do the right thing and save themselves and their love ones. 

Ehhhh. . .
hand-gesture.gif
It's a little tricky. Considering the possibility that the virus could mutate among the un-vaccinated to a point where it is able to infect the currently vaccinated bringing us back to square one, causing more deaths and suffering for everyone.

And besides, we all just want lockdown to end. Anti-vax skepticism is just prolonging that. I've personally felt very frustrated at how long this has all lasted (more than a year!) and now that we have a free and easy-to-get technology that can easily end the pandemic, I'd rather be forgiven for feeling amusement at the death of someone making things harder for everyone around them.

Is there a lack of compassion? Yes.
Is it justified? I dunno.

The Nazis were technically just misinformed people. Is it really a good idea to tell people they should also feel compassion for the Nazis who died in battle, while WWII was still happening?

P.S. And just as an additional point, I wouldn't feel compassion for the libertarian-types who get themselves arrested for violating vaccine mandates at this point. Some of them are genuinely insane and believe that not getting a vaccine is an inherent human right.

2 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

libertarian-types

@Johnny Galt and with simplistic thinking like this, we'd probably think people are clogging up the hospitals because of, "horse dewormer" :) We've to do better people. 

Are you familiar with Murray Rothbard by chance? 

Some of them are genuinely insane and believe that not getting a vaccine is an inherent human right.

You should read some literature about rights and stuff. But maybe it´s just different in America. But you also have a constitution. 

At least here in the EU we have that right and a lot of other rights, which simply get disregarded. I already got reported a few times, but won all the time simply by knowing my rights. - https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:12012P/TXT

Article 3

Right to the integrity of the person

1.   Everyone has the right to respect for his or her physical and mental integrity.

2.   In the fields of medicine and biology, the following must be respected in particular:

(a)

the free and informed consent of the person concerned, according to the procedures laid down by law;

(b)

the prohibition of eugenic practices, in particular those aiming at the selection of persons;

(c)

the prohibition on making the human body and its parts as such a source of financial gain;

(d)

the prohibition of the reproductive cloning of human beings.

Article 21

Non-discrimination

1.   Any discrimination based on any ground such as sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation shall be prohibited.

22 hours ago, Tim R said:

I think it's deeply lacking in compassion to find amusement in the deaths of those who were misinformed, afraid and therefore lacking in trust and courage to do the right thing and save themselves and their love ones. 

Oh, you thought you were on a spiritual forum with heightened consciousness individuals? Sorry, this is just a place for egos to hang out. Try a random cooking blog, you might find actual wisdom there.

10 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

Is it really a good idea to tell people they should also feel compassion for the Nazis who died in battle, while WWII was still happening?

You're comparing covid to WW2 and people who don't want the vaccine to Nazis? I find that a bit problematic to say the least.

And if the virus mutates you'll blame the people who are critical of the vaccine anyways

but yea even the Nazis who died in war deserve a bit of compassion imo

Also maybe "they" are misinformed/confused/dumb/egoistic etc. maybe you're right

But maybe it's you who's on the "wrong" side if there is such a thing, have you ever thought about that?

12 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

The Nazis were technically just misinformed people. Is it really a good idea to tell people they should also feel compassion for the Nazis who died in battle, while WWII was still happening?

In my mind is it really so difficult to delineate between demagogues like Trump, who are knowingly and maliciously spreading misinformation to millions of people for completely self-serving political purposes, and the victims of that process who are ending up in the hospital after being manipulated by people who couldn't give two shits about them?

Save that venom for the people running the damn Cult, rather than for the dummies who were unfortunate enough to get sucked in because they couldn't recognize a grift.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

48 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

In my mind is it really so difficult to delineate between demagogues like Trump, who are knowingly and maliciously spreading misinformation to millions of people for completely self-serving political purposes, and the victims of that process who are ending up in the hospital after being manipulated by people who couldn't give two shits about them?

Save that venom for the people running the damn Cult, rather than for the dummies who were unfortunate enough to get sucked in because they couldn't recognize a grift.

How do you know trump isn't speaking his own truth? 

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

You're comparing covid to WW2 and people who don't want the vaccine to Nazis? I find that a bit problematic to say the least.

Qanon, Anti-Vaxxers, and Trumpists are basically the Nazis of our time, relatively speaking.
It's just that society has advanced to the point where the worst most deluded people of civilized first-world society don't seem so bad when you compare them to actual WWII-era Nazis. It's all a matter of perspective.

2 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

but yea even the Nazis who died in war deserve a bit of compassion imo

That's easy to say almost 100 years after WWII ended.

Yeah I can show them compassion too, but not when they're trying to invade my country.
Likewise with the point I'm trying to make with anti-vaxxers, maybe when this is all over I'll look back and show compassion over them.
But for now, they're being reckless and dangerous.

59 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

It's all perspective. You could call Trump a "victim" of misinformation and bad up-bringing if you want.

WhY sO VeNomoUS TowArdS TrUmP? ! ! hE'S JuSt A vICtIm! ShOw sOMe ComPaSsiON!

Give me a break.

39 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

It's all perspective. You could call Trump a "victim" of misinformation and bad up-bringing if you want.

Not denying that Trump (or Hitler for that matter) is a damaged person, but my own perspective is to look at who's being harmed versus who's benefiting from the dynamics at play.

Intentionally and maliciously deceiving millions of people for personal financial and political gain, with zero regard for other people, seems like a reasonable place to draw the line.

Just because "whatever helps me, damned the costs or consequences" happens to be Trump's Personal Truth, doesn't absolve him of anything.

Not like Trump actually cares about his legions of cult like followers, where the dynamic is akin to an abusive relationship. So yeah, I can extend some sympathy to the people who have been conned and manipulated by this grifter without extending my sympathies to the schemer at the top.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

16 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

Ehhhh. . .
hand-gesture.gif
It's a little tricky. Considering the possibility that the virus could mutate among the un-vaccinated to a point where it is able to infect the currently vaccinated bringing us back to square one, causing more deaths and suffering for everyone.

And besides, we all just want lockdown to end. Anti-vax skepticism is just prolonging that. I've personally felt very frustrated at how long this has all lasted (more than a year!) and now that we have a free and easy-to-get technology that can easily end the pandemic, I'd rather be forgiven for feeling amusement at the death of someone making things harder for everyone around them.

Is there a lack of compassion? Yes.
Is it justified? I dunno.

P.S. And just as an additional point, I wouldn't feel compassion for the libertarian-types who get themselves arrested for violating vaccine mandates at this point. Some of them are genuinely insane and believe that not getting a vaccine is an inherent human right.

You better have no compassion for all the non-vegans who die from any virus then as animal agriculture is directly linked to the emergence of viruses and superbugs.

Some people believe enslaving and killing animals for pleasure is an inherent human right. What we do to animals is worse than all human genocides combined.  Do you think we should have compassion towards humans who contribute to what we do to animals and the world?

Funny how people call vegans judgemental.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel