Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paulus Amadeus

How come Leo loses his God realization after a psychedelic trip?

28 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's the same way for me with God. When I'm doing mundane tasks, the notion of me being God drops away. But if I stop and ask myself, "Am I God?", the answer is, "Of course! All this is God."

@Leo Gura Other example: If you're walking around doing mundane tasks, and suddenly you look somewhere and realise 300 people are staring right at you. Is this triggering a god awareness or is this contracting the egoic sense of self?
-For me this triggers the ego-self, but I remember that a teacher once called me and looked me in the eyes and I just merged with the empty perception of her.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I can't lose interest in God. I am endlessly interested in it. If I just sit around or stand around in line, I can't help noticing things as parts of God. This fills with me endless curiosity and wonder. But I'm not constantly doing this because I got business handle. When I'm lost in the flow of doing business, I'm not aware of God, in the same way that you are not aware of your human self when you're in flow.

I can't help the ego hijacking my state of flow most of the time haha. I agree that the sense of self takes effort, but it's not in it's power to show up or not show up. I think it's just conditioned to show up. Would you say that God hijacks your awareness, when you're not distracted by work or in flow?

Can you ignore God during extended periods of intense one-pointed concentration practice (on a mudra for example)?

This is confusing, and I like it.

44 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Leo Gura Other example: If you're walking around doing mundane tasks, and suddenly you look somewhere and realise 300 people are staring right at you. Is this triggering a god awareness or is this contracting the egoic sense of self?

Contraction into ego self.

I've always been extremely sensitive about being watched.

Would you say that God hijacks your awareness, when you're not distracted by work or in flow?

I would more describe it as: Ego desires God and goes seeking God when not distracted.

Can you ignore God during extended periods of intense one-pointed concentration practice (on a mudra for example)?

If I'm meditating then I'm basically focusing on God, so your question doesn't make sense.

A mudra actually distracts me from God. I don't like confining God to some silly mudra. To be focused on a mudra is not consciousness of God because it is not holistic enough. Of course it is a part of God, but to confine God to a mudra just feels wrong to me.

The best way to focus on God is to either focus directly on the I. Or focus on the entire visual field as a whole. Or on pure consciousness itself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A mudra actually distracts me from God. I don't like confining God to some silly mudra. To be focused on a mudra is not consciousness of God because it is not holistic enough. Of course it is a part of God, but to confine God to a mudra just feels wrong to me.

I'm asking all of these silly questions, because it's kind of exactly the opposite of every glimpse/awakening I ever experienced. I haven't had a God awakening yet though.

It always was a falling away of the ego, and for example, when I am very sick and have a fever, don't fight the pain anymore, I feel eternity/infinity sneak up, and then ego shows up to distract from eternity. It wasn't able to fight it all the time either, which lead to awakenings.

I'm not sure if most people are experiencing glimpses and awakenings like me, or like you. Or if there are 2 types of people. Or if it's both.

That just makes me think about adyashanti saying: "how are you unenlightening yourself". I think this is what I have been doing for years, resisting the collapse of the self the entire time and simultaneously chasing it as something the ego can achieve.

I'm confused.

Have you thought about your 5meodmt retreat, during which the last days you still were high without taking anything, that this wasn't actually a high, but simply "ego not fighting it for a while", until it started to fight again because of X reason?

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Notice that you're not aware of your ass most of the time until you focus on your ass.

Let's not generalize, I don't wanna brag but I abide constantly as butt-consciousness. I am the unborn changeless ever infinite butt.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You're not going to retain the highest state forever.

@Leo Gura Are you so sure of this? 

For most of us, myself included, due to the conditioning of the human being and the stimulation and stress of living in the world, to attain and remain in the "highest" state is extraordinarily difficult, and yet there are pathways that prepare the body to be able to sustain and remain in these high states. It's the lack of preparation and cultivation that impedes ones ability to be able to access and/or maintain these high states. Again, I'm not suggesting it's easy or that I am an example of this, and yet I would argue it is possible and that there are pathways that lead to this and this is important to high light. 

Thoughts? 

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That level of consciousness is so high it cannot be sustained by a human.

Is it the same as Yogis taking Mahasamadhi, when they go into a Samadhi state and leave the body for good? I was wandering do you ever plan for a trip to India or someplace where there are realized beings? I would love to watch a video about Psychedelics vs experience of enghitment from a master. There 2 advanced Sadhguru program one is called BSP the other one Samyama. This last one is when you realize your not the body mind or the world around you. 

On 9/12/2021 at 6:00 AM, Leo Gura said:

You have to distinguish between knowing you are God vs how conscious your are right now. These a very different things. And there are even further distinctions and facets to consider besides those two. Which is why you cannot simply assign someone a simple label to describe their spiritual level. There are not 2 or 5 clean, simple buckets you fall into within this work.

@Leo Gura You should make an episode on this point it self. Its a big conversation