Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blessedlion1993

My biggest obstacle to "Waking up"

10 posts in this topic

I have begun to really feel that reality is a dream/halucination. The one thing i can't seem to gain clarity on is other people. There is clearly another agent acting on its own accord, of which i have no control or understanding, I understand how a tree is just my mind, consciousness, i feel that, but when i see a person, i snap out of it completely

One grossly underestimates how fervently One clings to the illusion of separation, to preserve itself. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Think of other people as your past or future self. They're a reflection of you but from a different timeline. The benefit of this perspective is that it triggers a lot of empathy when interacting with others.

If it does apparently happen, it’ll be recognized that the only thing you ever did was try to survive in a futile attempt to escape the inescapable. You’ll look back and see that the I that you were identified with not only never existed, but as an actual function in the apparent story, it only ever did one thing: avoid liberation (all there is) at all costs. Even when you were 100% positive that all you wanted was liberation. It’s a slap in the face and no one EVER gets the joke. Liberation asks absolutely nothing of you. You can go as far as you want but you’ll end up precisely where you began (total story as there’s no one to wake up or not).

If it apparently happens, there are no rules, but it can be something like this: you think you know you’re separate as usual, and then suddenly you don’t know if you’re separate or not, because life is too breathtakingly ordinary to know. That’s it.

Everything is only ever saying what can’t be said.

❤️ 

Edited by The0Self

4 hours ago, Barna said:

Think of other people as your past or future self. They're a reflection of you but from a different timeline. The benefit of this perspective is that it triggers a lot of empathy when interacting with others.

Great idea, useful for dealing with people, and completely real

6 hours ago, blessedlion1993 said:

The one thing i can't seem to gain clarity on is other people.

There are only other people for a person. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, The0Self said:

Liberation asks absolutely nothing of you.

❤️ 

?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

8 hours ago, blessedlion1993 said:

There is clearly another agent acting on its own accord, 

There only seems to be.

The individual is like a reaction to a reaction to a reaction.

We are told who we are by society and this so-called self identity seems to build upon itself, layer after layer like an interconnected web of ideas, beliefs, concepts, experiences starting from a young age.

Awakening is seeing through this illusory identity that seems to build-up over time.

There actually isn't a real built up individual there, although there certainly seems to be....its an illusion of self.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@blessedlion1993 Don't worry, just keep practicing. I couldn't understand what you described for a while, but now it makes sense. Once you drop the idea that you're a human who's doing things at a deep enough level, then you'll naturally start forgetting the idea of other people out there  (because there aren't any ;)). If you practice regularly (meditation/binural beats) and take psychs periodically, you'll get it and be like OMG---how?!