blessedlion1993

Something thee Kurt/Leo interview gave me

7 posts in this topic

something i really liked about the interview was that Leo was "forced" to answer all of Kurts questions, and explain the answers very detailed and in laymans terms and using a lot of metaphors. This helped me have new insights that i didn't get from just a video of Leo speaking to the camera because with the interview he had to actually break things down based on this guys questions, if that makes sense. Anyway it gave me a new perspective on many of the things Leo speaks about. So thanks Leo for doing that, and Kurt for being a solid skeptic!

On 9/12/2021 at 0:08 AM, blessedlion1993 said:

something i really liked about the interview was that Leo was "forced" to answer all of Kurts questions, and explain the answers very detailed and in laymans terms and using a lot of metaphors. This helped me have new insights that i didn't get from just a video of Leo speaking to the camera because with the interview he had to actually break things down based on this guys questions, if that makes sense. Anyway it gave me a new perspective on many of the things Leo speaks about. So thanks Leo for doing that, and Kurt for being a solid skeptic!

Ya a lot more organic nuance can come out of a interview like this in comparison to a video.  Hopefully Leo does more of these.

Agreed, it's great to see this stuff explained to someone who hasn't previously seen Leo's work, from scratch.

56 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Ya a lot more organic nuance can come out of a interview like this than a video.  Hopefully Leo does more of these.

I agree. I had the same experience as the OP. Very valuable conversation! 

1 hour ago, Mu_ said:

Hopefully Leo does more of these.

Part 2 recording tomorrow.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

50 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Part 2 recording tomorrow.

It'd be great if you could dedicate a specific section of the interview to clearly explain why materialism is untenable. If I was a materialist and watched the first interview, I'd probably think: "Yep, interesting theory, but I can't see any reason to abandon materialism and mainstream science supports it, so let me just wait until science explains consciousness under materialism".

A separate timestamp in the video description, like "03:32:40 Why materialism is untenable", would be awesome for people skimming the interview.

I’d be interested to hear about when you close your eyes and materialism disappears, how as consciousness we can experience physical experience through the eyes of others (so to speak), is there a level of consciousness that a self can retain itself whilst being aware enough to the point that he/she can experience other as one?
Will ego/identification always be the final illusion before absolute oneness?

I guess I’d like to know how God can experience at all if it is completely selfless, if there is no attachment to even itself.. 

Infinite nothingness vs infinite somethingness.

what’s the actual evolution of universal spirit and why does anything have preference?