Lana Faye

Psychedelics Advice for a Newbie

8 posts in this topic

Hey folks! I've never tried any psychedelics or any other consciousness-altering substances (apart from alcohol) but I'd like to try 5-meo-dmt. What worries me is that I occasionally have panic attacks and would describe myself as a neurotic. What precautions should I take into consideration? Is it a good idea to try it alone or I better have someone around? 

Dont try 5-meo as a first psychadelic go with something less powerful..and if you are neurotic you should go with really low doses to avoid bad trips ...someone looking over you is good but if they are experienced...

Edit: i see you have panic attack then i would postpone psychadelics and work on basic psychology only if you are working with someone in professional setting go with psychadelics 

Taking 5meo (i assume never taken) would be a horrible experience in your state(i had panic attacks)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Start with low dose Psilocybin 1-2 grams max or LSD or even San Pedro. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

AL-LAD, an LSD analogue. Great for newbies. It produces a pleasant and smooth experience, gentler than LSD.

Also magic truffles of a low-intensity mushroom, like Tampanensis Atlantis.

Always start with a low dose and gradually go up from there.

Gain more experience with other psychedelics before trying 5meo. No rush. :D

Safety first, It's worth using light doses and pysches first. Do lots of research and try to fool proof it as much as possible.

Once you trip as long you took proper protocol and precautions (which will be developed through tripping over time as you learn the realities of the substances which are different than you thought from listening to mixed opinions of others) just relax. 5meo is different for everyone I think. It's really not bad you don't need to take a huge hit. I don't recommend it early on, but also its pretty tame for the most part, thought extremely radical as you dissolve into infinite love.. AL-Lad is a good starter.  Though, I have had one or two strange and unfortunate experiences/ reactions over my past two years that I would rather not have experienced and still don't fully understand. I think as I started to go DEEPER AND DEEPER I was unconsciously fighting it during the trips which results in walking around and holding onto others. 

Psychedelic headspace and trips is a deep area of mastery that I think can take a life time. There is not need to rush as their results are rather intense. I think the stronger you life foundation, metaphysics, epistemology, life maturity, less addiction based you are the better.

Study deeply what you are getting yourself into. It's safe if done slowly and deliberately, with the right setting and intentions. It should be done seriously, with a journal log to take notes of your protocol. Safety, safety, safety.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

You'll want something with much more gradual effects, or to take it in a way where it will not effect you quickly. 

Personally, I would recommend LSD as it is more up beat and less in your head. Ideally, for two weeks leading up to a trip you should be in a good stable mood. Positive mood ideally. I would recommend meditation on the come up as well. I've heard dancing can be a good technique to shake off nervousness as well. Have some good positive music selected in a playlist ready to play at any time as well.

You should start very small for whatever you try. You will not know your sensitivity or even potential allergies to something new.  You want to very gradually move your way up to see how something will really effect you. 

You will want to buy a high quality drug testing kit as well. Don't be cheap at all with this. Consuming fake compounds could lead to a terrible outcome.

I've never tripped with anyone. Personally, I would find it distracting and potentially uncomfortable. You could have a trip sitter though to monitor you. In my own it experience it is better to build up with the substance with amounts you can control. 

It would be wise for you to brush up on whatever you are planning to take and know the ins and outs of it. Read some trip reports and get an idea of what to expect. If you have some sort of panic disorder, then read reports from people who have that as well. This will be key for you to understand what kind of dosages to take and really what to expect. This will also help ease your mind a lot during the trip. You will not want to be tripping and be thinking about stuff like is this a fake drug, or no idea of what you might experience. All of these precautions will really greatly help you have a good trip. 

Agreed with everyone here, start with 50ug or half a tab. Mushrooms can be quite dissociative in my experience but LSD is clear(for me).

The best advice is to definitely start with a low dose. What your looking for is a blissful, calming effect. There may be come up anxiety before you get there, so honestly especially being prone to panic attacks, you might have to bite the bullet a bit here. 

Accept and surrender to whatever the trip shows you, it can definitely be shocking to say the least. It will feel like you're losing your mind and you have gone crazy, because in a sense that literally what's happening. Everyone reacts differently, introverts probably prefer tripping alone, extroverts maybe a trip sitter. Good luck