Twega

More Health & Energy = Less Sleep Needed

4 posts in this topic

Sounds paradoxical? But the healthier I become, the less sleep my body needs.

This study is only one demonstration: Creatine supplementation reduces sleep need and homeostatic sleep pressure in rats

"Mechanism:
The researchers were able to show that supplementation increased the amount of creatine in the brains of the lab rats. As a result, the brain cells apparently have more molecular energy available to repair themselves, and they need less sleep to recover." [1]

I suspect this is only the tip of the iceberg. Suppose we include chronic inflammation, free radicals, gut health, mental health, nutritional deficiency, methylation, etc. Then I find it obvious that the more you consume substances that optimize/lower all of these, the less damage is done to your body, and the less sleep it will need.

It is not only these: macro/micronutrients are not the whole story. If you conduct a chemical analysis on any food, say, a leaf of spinach. You will literally find thousands of chemicals in the plant, probably the majority do not influence health, but some do. And by some, I mean probably hundreds. These affect our cells in remarkable ways. This study is only one example.

just interesting, thanks for sharing, man!

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

On 11/09/2021 at 10:39 AM, Twega said:

hronic inflammation, free radicals, gut health, mental health, nutritional deficiency, methylation,

good list & great post!

When it comes to disease, chronic inflammation & free radical damage are always going to be your main go to when trying to heal the body. Forget about miracle products, target these two and the body will start to heal itself. Stop inflammation and help trap free radicals as good as possible and the rest will take care of itself.....at least most of the time. 

Interestingly where energy is concerned, I found that protein deficiency, carbohydrate restriction and general caloric deprivation to be the main trio of culprits followed by short sleep and excessive exercising. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Interesting. I was taking creatine back when i was lifting weights. They say it is a good nootropic.