Revolutionary Think

Asperger's and Actualization

13 posts in this topic

I think some time around high school I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome and I think it plays a big role in my life to this day. Asperger's is known as high functioning autism so I'm wondering with this diagnosis have people with autism 1. become self actualized 2. reached enlightenment and 3. fulfilled a life purpose. It seems that all the time I'm getting somewhere with a project and a group of people where it's starting to come together and things are getting good I piss someone off or someone reads something a little off about me and I have to start over from scratch and it's really starting to get to me and bother me. 

I have Asperger’s. It is the greatest gift God gave me. Use it well. 

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

10 hours ago, Esilda said:

therapist to teach you social strategies?

I've started something like that about a month ago. 

there some aspects I love  about being a sperg 

but I fucking hate it when it comes to socializing with people it sucks.

and with girls, it makes it completely and utterly impossible.

cure your syndrome as soon as you it makes life very hard 

I also got the same diagnosis. The only difference is I don't agree with the doctor. Because I was also diagnosed with schizoid personality disorder, schizotypal disorder, anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder, autism. It is very unlikely for only one of these diagnoses to be valid. The most reasonable definition of my illness was atypical psychosis to me. I have an high IQ. It is not expected that someone like me having pretty high intelligence experience this much mental troubles. It is just that my intelligence is working against me because I reinforced a lot of negative thinking patterns in the past. But it is something I myself need to solve. I am not perfect right now but I progressed quite remarkably. I have been meditating for one month. I believe this will solve most of my internal problems if not all.

6 minutes ago, HypnoticMagician said:

I also got the same diagnosis. The only difference is I don't agree with the doctor. Because I was also diagnosed with schizoid personality disorder, schizotypal disorder, anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder, autism. It is very unlikely for only one of these diagnoses to be valid. The most reasonable definition of my illness was atypical psychosis to me. I have an high IQ. It is not expected that someone like me having pretty high intelligence experience this much mental troubles. It is just that my intelligence is working against me because I reinforced a lot of negative thinking patterns in the past. But it is something I myself need to solve. I am not perfect right now but I progressed quite remarkably. I have been meditating for one month. I believe this will solve most of my internal problems if not all.

nice. what kind of meditation are you practicing and how long are the sessions?

@PurpleTree

"nice. what kind of meditation are you practicing and how long are the sessions?"

I am doing both non-reactive meditation and concentration meditation. I am simply ignoring my internal thoughts while at the same time visualizing a square, sides of which is blinking constantly both in tandem and rotating manner without reacting to annoying thoughts when pops up inside my mind in the non-reactive meditation. In concentration meditation, I visualize a number floating from 1 to 100 and back from 100 to 1. As soon as a though appears, I simply stop the flow of the number and that internal thought also stops. Of course, it is gonna take some time initially but once you get used to it, it will be easier and quicker to cease the thought each time it reappears so you need to wait that specific number less. After a while, it will transform into a sound of click or snap that will terminate that thought instantly. For example, when you are at 7 and an intrusive thought comes to your mind, you will stop increasing to the number and keep staring at the number 7 in your mind's eye constantly. You may also try to draw this number as if drawing with pencil. This will also increase your presence quite a bit. My attention blinks decreased quite remarkably. Hope this helps.

A friend of mine's got Asperger's. I'd like to support him, but he is extremely anxious and risk-averse, does not want to try almost anything. He is scared of MDMA, THC-free CBD oil and even meditation. Basically anything that slightly alters his consciousness - except caffeine and alcohol, because he knows the effect that these substances have on him. He says he is hypersensitive and can easily have "hallucinations". Can you guys relate to this? Any advice? 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

What is it you said / say - do / did which ‘pisses people off’? 

It depends maybe I interrupt someone with out realizing it, ask a too personal question, or even make a joke that doesn't quite land. Most of the times I don't know what it is.