Superfluo

How to whiten teeth?

15 posts in this topic

Hi!

Is there a way to whiten teeth in a DIY manner, preferably naturally? For example, I once heard you can use the inside of a banana peel to whiten your teeth. Haven't really looked into that though.

Thanks!

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

A portion of that "yellowness" is pigmentation. Whatever is plaq can be removed by regular single tooth spinbrushing. Sugar and flour products in diet are a concern as well. But generally floss twice a day, brush twice a day and use the uni brush at least 4 times a week. Water pick os very useful too.

If nothing else helps pay a hygienist and then do your best to sustain it

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 What's a uni brush? Is it the spinbrush?

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@Superfluo yeah that's the one. I use manual one (non electric) but both work well. The manual is more of a ritual as it takes up to 20 minutes per session

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

16 hours ago, Michael569 said:

A portion of that "yellowness" is pigmentation. Whatever is plaq can be removed by regular single tooth spinbrushing. Sugar and flour products in diet are a concern as well. But generally floss twice a day, brush twice a day and use the uni brush at least 4 times a week. Water pick os very useful too.

If nothing else helps pay a hygienist and then do your best to sustain it

Hey buddy Michael,

What do you suggest to floss with?

What do you mean by water pick? (what water we drink??)

Do we need a certain spinning brush? Will the regular kids one suffice?

@Michael569 Thanks!

Floss everyday, atleast twice. In the beginning you might get some gums bleeding but it will subside.

Make it a habit by starting small like flossing only 1 tooth once a day. Gradually increase the number of teeth. Put the floss next to your tooth brush so you can see it. If you really want to make it easy, cut strips of floss and put into a small container or bowl. 

On 10/09/2021 at 10:44 AM, Albert Roiterstein said:

What do you suggest to floss with?

I use Teepe brand. Any size that fits well without too much pain between two teeth. Expect mild bleeding in the beginning and some pretty gross smell. Both will go away as you become regular in it. The standard dental thread also also work but I prefer the small brushes. This

What do you mean by water pick? (what water we drink??)

this - kinda like a small dental shower. 

Do we need a certain spinning brush? Will the regular kids one suffice?

I prefer the manual one, it has become a habit over the years but the electric works well as well you just gotta be careful around your gums to prevent erosion from force and also have to use a proper brush. Not too hard but not too soft either. 

I heard pulling with coconut oil in the morning will whiten your teeth but I'm not sure how true it is

52 minutes ago, max duewel said:

I heard pulling with coconut oil in the morning will whiten your teeth but I'm not sure how true it is

It's had an effect for me.

Hallå

From my experience I suggest to floss with Oral-B Essential Floss <3. Other types used to hurt my gums:(

hydrogen peroxide mouthwash is supposed to whiten. charcoal powder also (not toothpaste), but itll take a month or so to get results.

I believe that whitening of teeth should be carry it out by a dental professional - a dentist. Unfortunately, there is a process to follow  here -with a whitening trays customized made ( you have to take some impressions of your teeth)as a result: upper & lower flexible transparent trays after that  your dentist is able to advise you about the percentage of the whitening gel ( Peroxide). ( based on a teeth chart for whitening)

Over the counter options may "damage" your tooth enamel. You may get some sensitivity during the whitening, but all in all is very safe procedure.

it gives a nice uplift and refreshes the appearance! 

Thanks everybody! :D

On 9/9/2021 at 6:42 PM, Superfluo said:

to whiten teeth in a DIY manner, preferably naturally?

yea sure there is  but those tend to be inefficient 

instead, go to a dentist to cleanup,  and buy some high-quality toothpaste and keep using it 

plus stop consuming anything that causes teeth to be yellow