Esilda

Community Work, Activism, Selflessness

24 posts in this topic

I've been doing meals on wheels once a week for a while and I've just never thought about journalling about my experiences until now :):) .

This gives me the opportunity to feel into the subject more generally too, wondering what role I might play in other forms of selflessness and even forms of activism ^_^.

Edited by Esilda

your head is a mess girl!!!! start scheduling some writing sessions, from now I will reserve 40 minutes to an hour just totally focused on my writing each day, Ideally I will share something every couple of days. Up in the air!!!! B|^_^

37 minutes ago, Esilda said:

I've been doing meals on wheels once a week for a while and I've just never thought about journalling about my experiences until now :):) .

This gives me the opportunity to feel into the subject more generally too, wondering what role I might play in other forms of selflessness and even forms of activism ^_^.

Great idea, love this! :) 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

5 hours ago, Esilda said:

@RickyFitts

Writing later tonight.

:):):):):)

Not far from home now :) . Entry coming up tonight!

STAAAAAARTING NOW!!! :):):) FEEEEELING GOOD GOOD GOOD MOOOOOOOOOOD :D:S  

I’ve learned soooo much from my experiences with meals on wheels.

I always knew going in that I would gain more than simply making someone a meal and handing it to them and feeling good about myself, I just never knew in what directions it would go.

I’ve learned to step into the life of others much more than I ever planned for and live life from other peoples perspectives much, much better.

I’ve always been drawn to help people but before meals on wheels I never really spent much more time wondering about the experiences of other people for much longer than the relationship I had with them and definitely not people that are way outside my social circle.

I even went on a 6 day water fast just to get to know what it was like not to have much food and I think it was even my 4th or 5th day where I did a meals on wheels for people and it was especially then I was able to connect more in a down to earth way with them.

It’s an environment where everyone is just so kind to one another. We start everyone out on a good note by connecting on the act that we’re all here to be there for one another and that creates an atmosphere that brings out the warm and fuzzies.

We get some people looking for a meal that sometimes get grouchy though the more experience you get the more you realise it just comes from where they are in life so we have a lot of tolerance because most of the time it doesn’t last long and everyone is pretty good anyway.

I’ve been a part of a lot of different duties, I’ve been a part of recruitment, making and handing meals, deliveries, shopping, providing information for counselling, preparing the area and training new recruits (its not too complicated). 

I feel like I want to keep going at least until the end of this year, for me though its provided a major shift in my horizons to  what I believe is now possible and how I can contribute to my local community and just the world as a whole. 

…. I have to go to bed now… I get really nervous about first entries so to be honest I’m just happy to move to the next day and start the next entry :) 

Edited by Esilda

This is so wonderful, Esilda, and it fits with the impression I have of you as a very kind-hearted, giving person, I look forward to reading further entries :) 

Sounds great!

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

@Esilda

That sounds great. Good on you big sis.

I have never done anything like this.

I am basically an antisocial recluse hehe

But maybe i should get out of my cave and actually do something worthwhile like you do.

All the wisdom in the world does not mean anything if it is not embodied i suppose.

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

To myself, 

There's so many people around the world that are less fortunate than me in so many different ways, what are qualities I need to change within myself to become the person that reflects a world that they still want to be a part of in their lowest of lows?

How can I become an example for those around me as a woman more? 

I'm stepping out of my codependence and into a world of interdependence where the world meets me and I meet the world.

Things I need to work on:

• procrastination
  • social anxiety

Adding to later. 

2 hours ago, Esilda said:

@RickyFitts @SLuxy:D:D:D 

Trying for tonight... a busy work day :P .

There's no rush, don't force yourself to do it if you don't feel inspired to do so :) 

1 hour ago, Esilda said:

I'm stepping out of my codependence and into a world of interdependence where the world meets me and I meet the world.

Beautiful ?

@RickyFitts :D I'm giong to start taking my entries more seriously now though. I really want to start making a positive impact in all ways possible with my words if I'm to really become a woman that other women can look to in a positive way :D 

These are just thoughts rattling around in my brain in all honesty I feel this massive massive urge to make a difference and I'm feeling I'm just trying to sort out how to do that right now. 

Maybe I'm not really ready for the transition.

Maybe this should just be about me trying to figure everything out all of my feelings here and feel into where my intuition can take me.

Yes I feel this is what this is.

I have to create the feeling space for everything first before everything is going to feel real to me in my heart.

6 hours ago, Esilda said:

Maybe this should just be about me trying to figure everything out all of my feelings here and feel into where my intuition can take me.

[...]

I have to create the feeling space for everything first before everything is going to feel real to me in my heart.

:x:x:x