Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alfonsoo

Does My Big TOE by Thomas Campbell offer a quality high consciousness theory?

9 posts in this topic

Leo puts his book under the Paranormal list instead of the Enlightenment/Consciousness list, so it makes me wonder, does Campbell make a better job at explaining the paranormal than he does reality as in as a whole? Why give priority to the paranormal aspect when the book clearly states a different objective. 

Note: I'm sorry If the answer is right in the book itself but I've only started it and I can't shake off this question.

Because he doesn't actually talk about enlightenment. Because he's not enlightened.

Consciousness is not a theory or a model.

Campbell has some great ideas, but it's not the highest teaching and all the astral stuff is quite distracting from pure nonduality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Look man, you figure out what you need.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Leo, you said Tom Campbell is not enlightened but you mentioned his name in Stage Turquoise Mega thread, do you think his content is valuable in the spiritual path? I'm diving into his book and courses and am fascinated, just wanted to know your take on it.

Thank you!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

@Alfonsoo @MsNobody

For a more sophisticated, yet strikingly similar theory to Campbell's MBT, check out Bernardo Kastrup's 'The Idea of the World'. It's much better IMO. More grounded and more compelling.

Apparently.

I got into all this astral projection stuff a few years ago. It was intriguing, it was strange, sometimes a bit scary, and fun all at the same time. Then I became aware of true awakening, had my first, and have never looked back. It was so clear that all this astral projection and that was just more games laced on top of the games I play in every day life. You are not awakening or dissecting reality through that kind of work. Infact looking back it’s more veering in the complete opposite direction. Although the experiences did help me at a later date when I could use those experiences in contrast to my awakenings for what they actually are. Campbell got stuck within the realms of all that. He isn’t God realised, he doesn’t know what reality is. It’s all more imagination. There’s a hint in the name, ‘projection’. 

@Dazgwny Thank you for responding! ^_^

I'm doing his "Tom at the park" thing, which is basically to increase the power of our imagination, because most of the time we are trapped in living in automatic mode instead of creating the life we want, I love the idea so this got me really excited.

But what I'm actually after is the realization that reality is not physical, I've had many psychedelic trips, including with 5MeO (which I did not break through) and I do have all the theory that we are all one, that reality as we see its only here because I'm the one observing, but I want to have the direct experience that this is not physical. I feel like I can higher my psychedelic dosage but I don't want to be traumatized by it.

I find his teachings to not be really heart centered which is why I don't think he has reached enlightenment, I also think that where I am at in life his teachings might be helpful. 

Like you said it helped you, you know the people who use psychedelics in the path to enlightenment but then they are against it even tho it helped them in their path to where they were at? I'm just exploring to see what is more useful for me right now. I have so much to integrate and transcend before I can focus on my spirituality only. 

@axiom Thank you, I will check him out :)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw