Preety_India

What is stage coral?

19 posts in this topic

Not being able to understand this. Tough to grasp. 

Why is it called super integral? 

What does it integrate? 

(currently chewing on spiral dynamics) 

INFJ-T loner... .shy girl..@marcel :x.............My name is Hannu. I'm reserved and shy and introverted and sensitive girl. Please be careful about how you talk to me. Only responds to respectful vibes. ✿۞✿•.¸¸.•*`*•✿✿۞✿✿•.¸¸.•*`*•.•✿☼۞۞☼✿•.•*`*•.¸¸.•✿✿۞✿✿

Quick access to journal entries

Total story, as spiral dynamics doesn't point to anything real, but I would say it's the collapse of distinctions. Collapse of the distinction between humility and arrogance, for instance, as it's recognized that the more humble you are, the more there is a quiet background of profound self satisfaction. So there's nothing to forgive, nothing to hope for, and nothing to work on.

I personally think Coral has not integrated Yellow and Turquoise, but is turning away from Turquoise, swinging the pendulum on the insufficiency of Turquoise for meeting one's goals.

If the only thing you care about, all day, every day, is discovering the truth about yourself and existence, then you've probably entered Coral. Pursuing this however, may very well destroy your personal life, as the need to know becomes so all-encompassing that it becomes very difficult to maintain your social life, work, etc. 

With enough time and perseverance, every aspect of self may disappear completely, and you reach a state of no-self, having completely dissolved, and transcended any notion of self.

This brings a whole new radical shift, which could be what's the entry to the next color, Teal.

INTP 5w4 from Norway

@Fearey I thought teal was before coral? 

INFJ-T loner... .shy girl..@marcel :x.............My name is Hannu. I'm reserved and shy and introverted and sensitive girl. Please be careful about how you talk to me. Only responds to respectful vibes. ✿۞✿•.¸¸.•*`*•✿✿۞✿✿•.¸¸.•*`*•.•✿☼۞۞☼✿•.•*`*•.¸¸.•✿✿۞✿✿

Considering only a minuscule fraction of humanity has ever reached stage Turquoise, you don't need to worry about stage coral ;)

@Stovo I really want to know about it. No crime. 

Don't dismiss 

Am I the only one who finds spiral dynamics a silly and borderline useless model? Everyone is obviously on a spectrum, it seems very disingenuous to categorize spiritual growth into buckets. And where is Buddha on this model? Stage fucking transparent? :D I'm not a fan of it at all.

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Fearey I thought teal was before coral? 

If we go by Ken Wilber's Integral Theory, then Teal is equal to Yellow in Spiral Dynamics.

SD Teal would likely equal Integral stage Violet, which is the second 3rd tier stage in Ken Wilber's model.

INTP 5w4 from Norway

Bump

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Bump

From my understanding, even the SD authors don’t have a good grasp of what Coral is. It seems to be mostly theoretical.

Remember that SD is based on emergent ways of thinking from bio-social pressures. You didn’t have people at Stage Yellow at the time when Purple dominated because the right pressures weren’t there.

In order to really see what Coral would look like, we’d have to start hitting the limits of Yellow and Turquoise. Then Coral would begin to emerge as a response. But we are so far from that. We have not even maxed out Green, or maybe even Orange depending on where you live.

Follow me on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/akourakin/

Just now, aurum said:

authors don’t have a good grasp of what Coral is. It seems to be mostly theoretical.

Can you give me some knowledge what this theory looks like. I'm mostly clueless. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Can you give me some knowledge what this theory looks like. I'm mostly clueless. 

Sainthood. Mystics. Sages. These are the people who the authors seem to peg at Coral. People who deeply embody Absolute Love and Oneness.

What that exactly looks like in modern times is hard to say. We know more or less what Green or Orange look like, but like I said, Coral hasn’t emerged yet en masse.

Follow me on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/akourakin/

On 9.9.2021 at 2:24 PM, impulse9 said:

Am I the only one who finds spiral dynamics a silly and borderline useless model? Everyone is obviously on a spectrum, it seems very disingenuous to categorize spiritual growth into buckets. And where is Buddha on this model? Stage fucking transparent? :D I'm not a fan of it at all.

We are at all stages at the same time, to different degrees and levels. It´s infinitely complex.

I see what you mean though.

The Buddha would probably have integrated all of the stages. Being in some super state.

That does not even have a name i suppose. Enlightenment maybe?

Edited by Marcel

Coral is the Red of Tier 2.

There's a good talk on it I listened to a few years back by M.A. Carrano.

So far none of the answers here come close.

@Chew211 hey thank you for the response. I'll check the resource as well. 

@Chew211 Coral is not about improving, or becoming better in any way, internally or externally. It's about letting go. Letting go of all false notions you've held of yourself up to this point.

An example of such a false notion is the idea that you're a human being. You're not a human being. The body is the physical object you temporarily experience reality through. Nothing more. 

This is one of many false notions you're going to have to come to terms with, for you to get through stage Coral. Progressing through this stage is also quite likely going to be the most painful experience you've ever had.

Nihilism, constant existential dread, and completely secluding yourself from society are common for someone going through Coral. The reason you won't find anyone at this particular stage, is that they will likely have no interest in communicating with others.

Edited by Fearey

INTP 5w4 from Norway

2 hours ago, Fearey said:

Nihilism, constant existential dread, and completely secluding yourself from society are common for someone going through Coral.

From what I understand, this seems unlikely. The relativity required for true embodiment of stage yellow would require transcending nihilism. Absolute relativity = nihilism; to push through yellow you’re going to have to embrace the relativistic nature of systems and reality. Coral would be way beyond relativity at this point. 

I wonder if, in a few million or so years, the beings in this universe we will have become are going to look back, smirking at how sweet and in the dark we were about the hundreds of further stages that follow. Just imagine what might be possible for us to transform into... light beings? Collective intelligences? Who knows, maybe even far crazier and more beautiful than that.

Edited by peanutspathtotruth