Someone here

Free will and responsibility - paradox

46 posts in this topic

I decided that i don't care. This is mental masturbation. It doesn't change anything whatever the case. 

46 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

I decided that i don't care. This is mental masturbation. It doesn't change anything whatever the case. 

Life is a mental masturbation. 

You may not see it, but thinking deeply about reality does all sorts of change. If you are thinking deeply about reality, then what are you doing? How can you wake up without an interest to contemplate? What you should really contemplate is the biases that free will is mental masturbation. Everything you do in life starts from that “reality.”

Anyways that’s my 2 dollars on that.

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

@r0ckyreed can't you see that figuring out wheter or not free will exists because its important is also a bias? 

No life is life and mental masturbation may be mixed with it or not. 

How can i wake up without an interest to contemplate? First of all you assumed this and second yes it's true that i don't because my focus is elsewhere. Me saying that i don't care about it and that it's mental masturbation comes from having this question at the back of my mind for some months. It both exists and not exist. That's why enough with the strokes. 

100% responsibility = no one left separate from that responsibility to own it. There's already just what's appearing to happen. There aren't two happenings, one where responsibility is embodied and another where it is used. There's just always already what's appearing to be, and no separation from that -- no separation of any kind at all.

On 09/09/2021 at 8:12 AM, Someone here said:

I have a simple question today.. Given that free will and choice are an illusion. Which is basically undeniable within the recent discoveries within neuroscience and how the brain works. And evident by how random and chaotic our thoughts and actions are. How to reconcile that with the principles of taking 100 % responsibility for our life? 

How can you believe that you are 100% responsible for the direction of your life whilst believing that you have no free will? 

What science are you using? :)