Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZenSwift

How does Consciousness Experience itself?

5 posts in this topic

Does the ground (that part of consciousness) experience itself? Or does consciousness create living beings to experience itself through the creation of eyes?

Does that make sense?

I was thinking about the idea of how my "self" is the infinite consciousness field, not some point inbetween my ears. 

Much like how Leo explains it in this blog post: https://www.actualized.org/insights/absolute-infinity-demo

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

The absolute (if by consciousness you mean all there is) is never aware of or conscious of itself. It just is itself. It can appear as awareness, but that awareness is just an appearance -- the absolute being itself... which is really a lazy way of speaking because it's also completely empty and therefore also not itself.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self very interesting thankyou

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

@ZenSwift :)

Consciousness, or whatever you want to call all there is, is completely empty. It's not looking at anything, and it can't see itself. It just is what it is, which is nothing in particular.

Consciousness has the capacity to create different states of Self-awareness. Everything is Consciousness, including the transient beings that it creates. Waves of the ocean are still part of the ocean, but in a different state.

Awakening happens when that part of Consciousness which is unaware of its true nature realizes itself.

The wise, realizing through meditation
The timeless Self, beyond all perception,
Hidden in the cave of the heart,
Leave pain and pleasure far behind.
Those who know they are neither body nor mind
But the immemorial Self, the divine
Principle of existence, find the source
Of all joy and live in joy abiding.

- Katha 1.2:12

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.