wma

a thought on the Leo & Kurt discussion

38 posts in this topic

I'd just like to say how glad I am that Leo is starting to share his discussions with others (with Charlie and Ben, and now Kurt). Humans need to awaken to the oneness so that we stop fighting so much, and Leo's teachings are fundamental to that awakening. So starting to get his name out there will help spread the word. And I think he's playing it smart, doing it carefully and gradually, instead of jumping head-first into media. The media will quickly tarnish your name if you're not careful.

Honestly, the conversation with Kurt was a little boring at times. At one point, for example, Leo spends like 20 or 30 minutes explaining to Kurt that non-existence doesn't exist, by definition. Not a high point of the conversation. That point should only take a few seconds to make, because of how obvious it is. It shows how deeply embedded materialism is in our collective psyche, in our culture. Folks cannot simply imagine that what they call "death" is not the end, because we are ultimately not material but instead consciousness.

But it's all part of the process of educating people and unraveling the web of reality, and someone has to do that work, so thank god Leo is, and many others of us as well, in big ways and small ways.

Fighting in what sense? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

34 minutes ago, wma said:

But it's all part of the process of educating people and unraveling the web of reality, and someone has to do that work, so thank god Leo is, and many others of us as well, in big ways and small ways.

So true, it takes tremendous courage to bring these kinds of insights to common folk.

1 minute ago, wma said:

@Preety_India War, greed, petty politics, religion, etc

Leo and others cannot achieve such a goal. 

It requires collective shift to Stage Green and above. This will need a radical shift in collective paradigm across the whole global population and that will take a long time and it will need consistent participation from all people on a social scale. For that you would need to bring system change in terms of school education, and upbringing at home, and collective changes at government level in terms of laws and procedures and regulations.

And you need social revolution. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

33 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

So true, it takes tremendous courage to bring these kinds of insights to common folk.

Yes, as there is much backlash. Patience is key

7 hours ago, wma said:

the truth is

its matters not a bit whether we share or do not share

it is a nice to do not a have to do

if i do so it is 100% my benefit, i clarify and illuminate for my own purpose not theirs

i cannot take one shred of responsibility for people in my dream seeing the truth

it is all about what i want and love to do

depends entirely on the nature of my life purpose

which can only be implemented after i saw the light

7 hours ago, gettoefl said:

the truth is

its matters not a bit whether we share or do not share

it is a nice to do not a have to do

if i do so it is 100% my benefit, i clarify and illuminate for my own purpose not theirs

i cannot take one shred of responsibility for people in my dream seeing the truth

it is all about what i want and love to do

depends entirely on the nature of my life purpose

which can only be implemented after i saw the light

ultimately, yes, this is true! if "we" are to play the human game though, then i think sharing is a good move =]

9 hours ago, Dan502 said:

@Preety_India Are there ideas which, if shared, might assist with, not necessarily awakening but spiritual growth, if the reader is ready to realise them?

@Dan502 @Preety_India Of course! It sounds to me like Preety is saying that it's a difficult problem to solve. But spreading awareness is the first step, no? So we've got to start somewhere. The cool thing about "enlightenment" is that it's self-evident once you go deeply inward enough. All we gotta do is set people on the path and then they'll do the rest. Yes, most of humanity would find these ideas quite radical and unbelievable. But every bit of progress helps, and change often happens at an expotential rate. It can seem like nothing is changing, and then all of a sudden there's a massive shift once the tipping point is reached.

Not sure who else noticed this, but Kurt had absolutely no clue what Leo was talking about most of the time. The questions he asked in response to what Leo was saying made it clear he was trying to keep up, but had no grasp at all. Maybe Kurt will watch the interview back one day and say why couldn’t I have just responded with “I’m not really sure what you mean”.  I felt like I was watching a kid throwing out names and quotes to sound intelligent. Felt sorry for the kid. Am I being a little harsh? Did anyone else see this?

1 hour ago, RyanK said:

Not sure who else noticed this, but Kurt had absolutely no clue what Leo was talking about most of the time. The questions he asked in response to what Leo was saying made it clear he was trying to keep up, but had no grasp at all. Maybe Kurt will watch the interview back one day and say why couldn’t I have just responded with “I’m not really sure what you mean”.  I felt like I was watching a kid throwing out names and quotes to sound intelligent. Felt sorry for the kid. Am I being a little harsh? Did anyone else see this?

Yes, I think you're probably being a bit too harsh. Keep in mind that Kurt's YouTube channel is largely based on math and engineering (with some philosophy and self-help in the mix), and so his audience is very scientifically-minded, whereas Leo's audience is probably more mystically-minded.

Also, keep in mind that, as an interviewer, it's often smart to challenge the interviewee so that the conversation can maintain momentum, rather than just agreeing with everything they say; and it's also often smart to ask questions that you already know the answer to, but that your audience might benefit from hearing. Not only is Kurt conducting a 6-hour interview, but he's also trying to make it a valuable experience for his viewers.

Kurt would often try to frame Leo's ideas within a mathematical context. Sure, this could be interpreted as him misunderstanding Leo, but it could also be interpreted as him trying to help his scientific audience relate to the ideas better. I don't think Kurt was as confused as you might think.

2 hours ago, RyanK said:

I would give him more credit than that. He was asking some good questions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm in no place to judge as i wouldn't hold the conversation like that, but i feel as an interviewer he could've been a bit more focused and socially intelligent. Nonetheless , was still a great listen 

Did not really enjoy it the discussion.

To be fair, Curt was asking some great questions and he did have a couple cool moments - like with his hand. 

Nonetheless Leo was out of Curts league. Curt seems nice but also has a channel dedicated to models - models - models.

Then he decides to have on someone (Leo) who understands something beyond - ya know - the dudes life purpose essentially (models).

Also, Leo sucks at talking to people + they were both disadvantaged the conversation was not in person to begin with. 

Leo knows this though, he did this for us because he knows we like them. He has mentioned before that it is not his strong suit and people really can not be convinced anyways.

So all and all, I’d say I enjoyed it more than I thought. Little irony in it all - but also some interesting perspective seeing how Leo interacts with people and how they interact with him.

I could get good a doing public dialogues, but that would require lots of practice which I would rather invest in writing my book or shooting my videos.

Public dialogues to persuade others via powerful rhetoric is a whole career path onto itself. And not one I'm that interested in. I have no desire to turn into a Vaush-like debate lord. My content is not suited for that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.