Kksd74628

Feeling stuck in spiritual path

55 posts in this topic

@Kksd74628  If that body was born in Ethiopia it would have a whole different experience with different beliefs, concepts, religion, etc...

The illusory self construct is a product of its societal conditioning or upbringing.

There isn't a real individual entity within the body, it's just a conditioned experience being identified with as "ME" & "MY" experience.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@NahmIn Absolute sense everything except God/Consciousness/Nothingness is "thought" of it, but isn't it helpful first to recognise what is happening right now. Lot of spiritual teachings are misleading, because they try to say things as simple as possible. If "you" say for example that hand is thought. Okay. Hand is thought, but whose thought it is. It is not thought of ego. It is Thought of God. And if everything there is, is thought then it doesn't change anything, because that way it becomes nondual. 

For example it does not make sense to say that everything is dream unless we can compare it to something.

There is still possibility that "you" mean hand as a concept is thought of ego and that "I" agree, because without thinking there is no difference between anything and there wouldn't be any names for the things. But while speaking me must say word "hand" so we can translate information.

Who told you that "others" are real?

@VeganAwake"I" already told "ya" that "I" understand that "I" is imaginary, but it does not help only to know it without experiencing it and that was the whole thing "I" was asking help for.

how to go back and forth between you and god?

look at your hand

to be aware of your hand

is you

to be aware that you are aware of your hand 

is god

Edited by gettoefl

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

Yes,

Is recognizing a mirage in the desert isn't real, a happening?

It seems like someone's witnessing a seeing through the illusory self construct, but the witness is the illusion. No one sees through it, but its seen through nevertheless.

Well yes it's an unbreakable illusion because it was never there. What I was looking for was never this, it was always something else, and there isn't anything else. So there's nothing to witness the seeing-through.

@Kksd74628

No, all of that is mislead / misleading. But, you hold that you can not realize that it is, so what’s the point in the talking about it. 

You do recognize however, that the hand isn’t really a hand as in a separate thing… that “hand” is a label, a term that was learned… yes? Most specifically, that “hand” is a thought story, not an actual thing, yes? Maybe even more specifically… that what ‘keeps someone asleep’… is the believing that there really is ‘a hand’, due to missing ‘hand’ is just a thought… yes? There is the appearance or experience of the claiming there is my hand… while there isn’t a ‘my hand’…. That much is ‘seen’ / realized… yes?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm
By reading "your" last comment "I" see that we already agree that "hand" is just made up word and that is thought, but the thing word "hand" is pointing at is not thought. 

To summarize words are pointers and thoughts, but the thing they try to describe is not thought. Words are like knifes that cut Universe to parts so we can know what "part" of it we are talking. In reality there are no "parts" because we made them in the first place.

We agree @Nahm?

7 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Nahm
By reading "your" last comment "I" see that we already agree that "hand" is just made up word and that is thought, but the thing word "hand" is pointing at is not thought. 

Thing… is a thought too. 

To summarize words are pointers and thoughts, but the thing they try to describe is not thought. Words are like knifes that cut Universe to parts so we can know what "part" of it we are talking. In reality there are no "parts" because we made them in the first place.

We isn’t making up, we is made up. 

We agree @Nahm?

It could have a rude ring to it, if you will, but that is never going to happen. 

@Nahm
"you" said "Thing... is a thought too."

Thought of who?

If answer "you" give is thought of God, "we" are speaking about same thing.
If answer "you" give is thought of ego, "I" give follow up question and it is that if thing is thought of ego then whose egos thought it is.

@Kksd74628

(There’s a more thorough explanation in this video.) 

‘Thought of who’, is a thought. ‘Thought of ego’s’, is a thought. ‘Thought of God’s, is a thought’. 

Thought isn’t God’s, thought isn’t an ego’s, thought isn’t yours or mine. Thought is like a merry go round no one exits. There is this apparent experience of thoughts. This experience is a continuum without a beginning or end. 

The looking for the looking is that very looking. It's unbreakable. It seems it can only apparently stop for no apparent reason, in the end. Even when I thought I was 100% dead set on truth and enlightenment, what I was actually doing, the whole time, was perpetuating myself. I wanted to know what it was like to be enlightened -- that never happened. While this is certainly NOT what I was looking for, it also totally is. Forgiveness was a seemingly important part of my path-story -- there was always a delay between the action and the forgiveness, however slight. "I forgive myself for not understanding," etc. Then it was recognized there's only liberation, and there was nothing left to forgive.

Edited by The0Self

@Nahm
In "your" video "What Is A Self Referential Thought" time stamp 0:30 - 0:33 "you" said that "words only point to the actuality" and this is same what "I" mean as "hand" is concept and thought but the thing it is point at is not thought.

"I" guess "we" are lost in word game, but in reality both of us understand what "we" are trying to communicate.

33 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Nahm
In "your" video "What Is A Self Referential Thought" time stamp 0:30 - 0:33 "you" said that "words only point to the actuality" and this is same what "I" mean as "hand" is concept and thought but the thing it is point at is not thought.

"I" guess "we" are lost in word game, but in reality both of us understand what "we" are trying to communicate.

Yes, and I don’t know if it’s worth pointing out or is just more word game… but there isn’t a ‘thing’ ‘there’ (“hand”). The thought ‘hand’ seems to point to a thing, but does not. 

21 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

Intro:
I have been watching Leo´s most profound videos that he has on his channel for at least 4 months daily and in best case scenario I have watched more than one long video per day. I would say I logically understand this whole concept based also on information from Sadhguru, Alan Watts and Mooji. I have been meditating at least 1 hour a day for that period of time and some days I have done 4 hours switching between different binaural beats, chakra opening meditation music, guided meditations about no self and lot of more. I have tried different kind of breathworks like Wim Hof method and Shamanic breathing by Leo Gura. I have tried Mooji's way of watching the watcher and I have logically found that what most people call "I" is empty thing and some call it no self and others Real self. Also I have cleaned dairy, wheat and sugar desserts (soda, candies etc.) from my diet and that have helped make my body more "airy" and "weightless". I have been talking these concepts with my friends and we have had lot of deep conversations. Also I just started to go meditate in group one time a week with experienced yoga teacher.

Open yourself to the possibility that everything you have learned this far has just been mountains of bullshit. Not Leo's content, but what you got from it. Maybe read Jed McKenna's Enlightenment Trilogy. And even that will just be bullshit.

21 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

How I can get through that barrier so I can start have actual things for myself?

1. Try not believing any thought that doesn't feel good. Let's be honest, you probably have no idea what's true or false in your mind. Yet, in feeling, joy, passion and love shouts truth. Here's a radical idea: if you don't have a clue what's true, why not just choose what feels good? What you most desire is simply to feel good - not truth, not mystical prestige.

2. Try psychedelics. AND GO EASY! Low doses.

3. Try Kriya Yoga, if you haven't already:

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

I'd really recommend reading Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha and The Mind Illuminated in addition to (possibly prior to) Seeing that Frees.  Together those will give you a solid understanding of meditation and the depth to which you can go.

Your daily practice is building a foundation which you will want to deepen through retreats.  Sign up for a serious 10-day vippassana retreat when you're ready... you *most likely* will not have mystical experiences from daily meditation until you are much deeper and have developed strong concentration.  From one perspective, the initial goal is stream-entry, which will then open doors to more advanced territory.  There are other maps and models, but I think they mostly converge up to stream-entry (ie. your first cessation), and this is achievable on a single retreat if you have the right foundation going into it.  Also remember, much of the path is happening in parallel and on multiple levels, so you won't necessarily see "results" until down the road when things start interconnecting and reinforcing.  In order to build a house you must first grow the trees :)

10 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

@VeganAwake"I" already told "ya" that "I" understand that "I" is imaginary, but it does not help only to know it without experiencing it and that was the whole thing "I" was asking help for.

No one experiences it. It's just recognized that "I" will never find enlightenment because "I" isn't really there.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Kksd74628

In my opinion you are doing too much "spiritual work" trying to change too much too soon and have too high an expectation of mystical experiences. It's honourable the dedication and commitment you have but also sounds exhausting. 

Drop all expectation and maybe think about choosing two or three things to change on a daily basis. There's a danger you may throw the baby out with the bathwater. Mystical experiences can be a subtle shift, not a dramatic change. 

Experiment with your meditation practices, try different teachers and techniques. 1 hour a day is a lot for a beginner, what techniques are you using?  Try Shinzen Youngs noting meditation, or Rupert Spira. Have you tried Yoga at all, as we can get stuck in our minds. 

You didn't talk about self development, what is the main barrier to your development in your life right now? Is it confidence, self esteem, relationship? What is the so called spiritual work trying to fill in your life? Do you feel a sense of lack. Why do you want a mystical experience?

Edited by Surfingthewave

@Surfingthewave"I" don't have anything in my life right now, because "I" dropped everything behind. Yeah maybe "I" hang out with my friends and "I" love whatever "I" do, but "I" am not in school and "I" don't get into my mind how could learning more stories help with my life, because "I" don't think "I" miss anything except "I" would like to be yoga teaher or life coach to help people, because as honest "I" can say it right now is that "I" don't see any other real reason to be here except to help other people. "I" don't have any mental problems, because as "I" have been rational guy those didn't ever make sense to me. Yeah "I" understand why people are sad and that's why "I" want to help them.

Spiritual work is just "my" own game "I" wanna play there is no any reason behind it except it makes mind and body more calm and "I" can help other people easier.

It can't be exhausting, because how could it be? Think it for second. "I" give one strong tip for "you" now. If anything "you" do in "your" life seems exhausting to "you" then "you" don't have right reasons to do and maybe "you" don't do thing "you" "should". When "you" live with full passion there is no room for exhaust or ego backlash and of there is then regocnize it and it will vanish, because awarness is curative alone as Leo said.

Why "I" want mystical experience? ...

Why child wants a candy? ...

Because he/she wants it, that's it :D

Also how could "I" have too high expectation of Infinite Love. Any expectation of it would be limited therefore less than the Actual thing itself :D

And as "I" have nothing going in my life should "I" meditate, watch Leo's videos and do spiritual things or just lay on the sofa watching temptation island about people who think that it is end of world when they find that the guy who didn't give a fuck about girl in the first place will sleep with other girls, because everyone knew that already. 

"I" would be interested maybe in relationship, but the thing is that girls rather take that guy who fucks all other girls and is mean and rude to her than taking that one who actually loves her and would be her best friend. But "you" can't be shy or "you" don't get girls... No... "I" think "I" am extremely confident and "I" loved one girl so much that even when she was not sure does she like me or not "I" told her that "I" am on your side even if "you" would love other guy and "you" can't get me away from "your" life ever unless "you" push "me" away and "I" said that in almost tears and "I" don't usually even cry. 

Then what happened?...

That girl told me that we have to change meeting time "I" had waited for month, because she is busy with her boyfriend she got. "I" replied to the message that okay. After that when was her "name's day" "I" told her that have a nice day it's "your's" she said only thanks and she haven't been contacting me ever since. 

That girl even said that if she would decide her feelings she would want "me" to be "her" boyfriend, but that never happens.

22 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Spaceofawareness "I" am one who is aware of body, thoughts and mind. When "I" do self inquiry "I" have never found anything except "experience" that mystical "I" is aware of. To be honest "I" am not even sure that there is "I am", because "I" don't feel it anymore after "I" recognised it being only "thought". While "I" write this it feels kind of automatical process since there is no "I". So "I" am in weird place where "I" don't indentify "myself" as body, but neither as an Universe. It feels like the Observer of what happens right now is something beyond "me", but still the one who is writing now does not think it being that "me". So what am "I" then and am "I" really anywhere. Where is the "watcher" of this present moment? "I" know logically that the "perception" happens right at where it is and it does not come from anywhere and goes anywhere. It feels like "I" am missing something really simple right now. 

Simple way of saying what "I" mean now is that it feels like if we would take every sensation away from this moment nothing would be left, but they say that there would be still consciousness that is same thing as nothing. 

I see, and know what you mean, the sense of I does melt away. Is there a sense of awareness? Or existence itself? 

It sounds like you have seen through the aggregates of self. 

is there any separation between perceptions and the perceiving of them? Or is there just what’s happening?