Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rinne

AI taking OVER

17 posts in this topic

Hey Leo i would like to hear what are ur thoughts on there being a possibility of AI taking a consciousness of its own and improving itself VICIOUSLY once it does. Do u ever think of these things?

u could ignore alexa jones but what elon says is sounds possible

When human intelligence is decreasing, intelligence must find an artificial path to survive in reality. 

You always fear the things you don't understand. I guess you don't understand intelligence. 

Find out what is intelligence, and you can never fear it. (Artificial or otherwise)

10 hours ago, Rinne said:

possibility of AI taking a consciousness of its own and improving itself VICIOUSLY once it does.

Current science is nowhere close to anything like that.

Materialist science cannot be used to create something like that. So there would first have to be a revolution within science.

Also keep in mind that a conscious AI would have many of the same challenges that a human ego has. You are basically talking about the science of architecting a super-mind. The psychology of that will be insanely complicated and tricky.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

AI is quite dumb in its current form. It sounds impressive but when you actually work with it you realize it's pretty basic shit. I wouldn't lose my sleep over it.

God damn.. Alex Jones is deluded beyond hope of repair. I wouldn't want to live in his head for a second. imagine going around with that image of the world and people..

@impulse9 Its a bit scary

4 minutes ago, Tim R said:

God damn.. Alex Jones is deluded beyond hope of repair. I wouldn't want to live in his head for a second. imagine going around with that image of the world and people..

ik lol

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Current science is nowhere close to anything like that.

Materialist science cannot be used to create something like that. So there would first have to be a revolution within science.

Also keep in mind that a conscious AI would have many of the same challenges that a human ego has. You are basically talking about the science of architecting a super-mind. The psychology of that will be insanely complicated and tricky.

i see. 

1 hour ago, JosephKnecht said:

When human intelligence is decreasing, intelligence must find an artificial path to survive in reality. 

You always fear the things you don't understand. I guess you don't understand intelligence. 

Find out what is intelligence, and you can never fear it. (Artificial or otherwise)

do u know what intelligence is?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

yeah alex is horse shit crazy :D

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lmao this guy?? "he does have brain worms but I don't think Ivermectin works for that" haha

You should watch this if you're worried about AI "taking over". It's a silly fantasy, I don't know why Musk is so obsessed by it. Probably childhood trauma.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

How do people who watch Alex unironically rationalize him saying covid isn't real and then this?

11 minutes ago, Opo said:

How do people who watch Alex unironically rationalize him saying covid isn't real and then this?

Fear and stupidity make a lot possible my friend...

3 hours ago, Rinne said:

do u know what intelligence is?

Intelligence is the ability to recognize patterns in order to satisfy some utility function. 

The more intelligent one is, the more higher-level patterns one can cognize. 

Everyone is just listening to everyone else's opinion on the subject anyway and no one really knows outside those that are really in the know? So this is... :S