Cykaaaa

Powerful Documentary on Consciousness

9 posts in this topic

The name of the documentary is "Aware: Glimpses of Consciousness".

If you ever see it in your local theater go watch it, damn it! And you won't be disappointed. You know, before it started, I actually made a bet with myself: I am not going to be told by this movie that I am God. And guess what, I fucking lost. And the movie brought me to tears.

It's much more profound than I expected it to be. And its approach is actually very wise - it starts with scientists trying to figure out consciousness with the materialist, reductionist paradigm, but throughout the movie it becomes more and more spiritually-oriented. It gradually exposes you to more radical ideas. And, spoiler alert, the scientist ultimately gives up his materialism as well, more or less. So a happy ending after all :) hehe

The movie on IMDb

poster-aware-en.jpg

Edited by Cykaaaa

Chop the water :)) 

@Cykaaaa Thank you for sharing this! It is inspiring to know there are documentaries like this being created. 

I look forward to watching this!

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

4 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

@Cykaaaa I saw it playing here but wasn't sure if it's worth it. Now I'll watch it this Saturday, thanks :x

Hope you'll feel it was worth it afterwards ;) My fav guy was the professor that participated in the psilocybin study, his insights were beautiful :)) you'll see 

@Zigzag Idiot :x

Watched it today, it was really good, thank you for the recommendation! 

When in the beginning that brain scientist asked: "But how can consciousness emerge from this neurological complexity?", I was like "oh no, here we go". But it quickly got really deep, it moved me, and even friends of mine who are not really into that stuff to tears. 

1 hour ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

When in the beginning that brain scientist asked: "But how can consciousness emerge from this neurological complexity?", I was like "oh no, here we go".

Had the same experience. I even thought of walking out LOL. But I decided to stay open-minded and it paid out :D

Glad you liked it!

There's nowhere I can watch it..

Edited by Blackhawk