Flowerfaeiry

Is it accurate to look at another person and think "I'm imagining them"

59 posts in this topic

@Flowerfaeiry a different way of looking at it is this. Imagine you have two people, one you know very well, say family member, and one a stranger. What's the difference? They both look similar, i.e. two arms, two legs etc, they can both talk to you and have their own minds and personalities. For all intents and purposes they are basically the same. And yet, in your imagination, you treat them very differently. 

All stories and explanations are false.

26 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

And yet, in your imagination, you treat them very differently.

Cause the stranger is easier to deal with :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Do you have to sort of get past the layers of deception in order to say that accurately 

Are you trying to say "Do you have to sort of get past the layers of deception in order to say that authentically" ?

It kinda feels like that's what your trying to ask. It's true that people can believe certain teachings without having gone through the process of actually destroying their ego (deception)...and who then say "other people are my own imagination" but this statement would indeed be inaccurate...or inauthentic...as in, there hasn't been a true seeing. Only a believing

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Cause the stranger is easier to deal with :P

Agreed 100%. The one that looks like your mother seems to give you a hard time xD

All stories and explanations are false.

You’re also imagining your physical body as well, look in your mirror and contemplate that deeply…imagination applies to all things in your direct experience.

18 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

or is that just the ego mind saying that? Do you have to sort of get past the layers of deception in order to say that accurately or can I essentially walk around thinking about how I am imagining all this stuff? 

I haven't read all the replies but basically it is like lucid dreaming only with the waking dream.  So you have a meta gear once you are awake from the dream.   But if you are not truly awake (and you will know when you are) then it will be a belief for you so be careful with that.. But once lucid you can shift your consciousness to where you are lucid or you can keep your consciousness at the level of the dream where it is real.  Most of the time I stay at the level of the dream.  But the gear is there.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, LastThursday said:

@Flowerfaeiry a different way of looking at it is this. Imagine you have two people, one you know very well, say family member, and one a stranger. What's the difference? They both look similar, i.e. two arms, two legs etc, they can both talk to you and have their own minds and personalities. For all intents and purposes they are basically the same. And yet, in your imagination, you treat them very differently. 

This is actually a great pointer.

Sometimes I do thought experiments like this. I take a look at my family member or any person who's close to me and I think something along the lines of: "If I didn't know this person, I'd just simply walk past him/her in the supermarket without even noticing him/her" :D

22 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

or is that just the ego mind saying that? Do you have to sort of get past the layers of deception in order to say that accurately or can I essentially walk around thinking about how I am imagining all this stuff? 

What good would it do you to go around thinking your imagining all this stuff, even if it were true on some fundamental level.  What if it were not true, would you want to go around seeing this way because you were told or believe it were true?

What I believe leo is pointing to with this saying is something you don't want to just accept, you want to really look deeply for yourself and find out.

On 6.9.2021 at 8:56 PM, Flowerfaeiry said:

Who are you asking?

And who's asking?

:D

"you guys"

"me"

Can 'up' exist without 'down' or vice versa? 

You and me, we go together like two sides of the same coin: One in Essence, Two in Appearance

Beyond appearance there is just God talking with God talking with God.

Namaste.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Remember though that imagination IS reality.

@Leo Gura Leo, have you explored in depth the process of how we are imaging our reality? This is something that I have been deeply interested in a long time. It's a lot of fun once you realize reality is very malleable. Can you share any insights or information you have discovered? The process is happening unconsciously on auto pilot most of the time. If we had a better understanding of the mechanics of it, people could have more conscious control over shaping their reality. This would be an excellent topic for a video on your channel or blog. 

1 hour ago, Matthew85 said:

@Leo Gura Leo, have you explored in depth the process of how we are imaging our reality? This is something that I have been deeply interested in a long time. It's a lot of fun once you realize reality is very malleable. Can you share any insights or information you have discovered? The process is happening unconsciously on auto pilot most of the time. If we had a better understanding of the mechanics of it, people could have more conscious control over shaping their reality. This would be an excellent topic for a video on your channel or blog. 

That's the mindfuck, the process of how you imagine reality is itself purely imaginary. Absolute reality cannot have a process. It is 100% direct. Which means no process. It's an instantaneous, magical manifestation of God's Will. God's Will just IS physical reality.

So the technical answer to your question is: MAGIC

But you don't like that answer because the ego cannot use it.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's the mindfuck, the process of how you imagine reality is itself purely imaginary. Absolute reality cannot have a process. It is 100% direct. Which means no process. It's an instantaneous, magical manifestation of God's Will. God's Will just IS physical reality.

wow
So existing just because huh

Then what motivates one to play the game? Wake up the world? because reality seems to have a quality to wake itself up to varying degrees, I think you mentioned that somewhere?

Edited by Vido

3 hours ago, Vido said:

wow
So existing just because huh

Then what motivates one to play the game? Wake up the world? because reality seems to have a quality to wake itself up to varying degrees, I think you mentioned that somewhere?

Sounds like it is forced to be regardless.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So you're saying that no matter what our conscious minds think in the material realm, we cannot manipulate our reality? We can only re-contextualize what is already happening into bias/acceptance (love) or rejection (suffering)? In a sense, everything is random, spontaneous creation with no way of controlling it from God's perspective. We can only 'choose' how we perceive it and whether to love it or reject it? The Universe is not 'working with us' to bring us the life we want, which makes sense because that would be ego. Is this why do don't speak of the Law of Attraction very often?

Everything, i believe, is imagination and i think having a quiet mind helps creating in a better way. 

On 9/6/2021 at 1:52 PM, Flowerfaeiry said:

You're absolutely right though. I've only caught glimpses. 

“”””””””I’ve”””””””””” and “””””glimpses”””””””” 

"you imagining them" is the same as "you interpreting this moment as being an interaction with human beings". The idea that your current experience is something in particular (an interaction between human beings) is something you are thinking right now. The point is not to try to dismiss this thought about your experience (by saying things like "the people I'm talking too aren't real, I'm just imagining them!") but to notice for the sake of observation that this idea of them existing is a thought.

The statement "you imagining them" originally wasn't meant to be an opposition to "them being real" or lead to any sort of argument. The point is not to contradict the idea that people are real but to notice the nature of that thought in this present moment. We are not saying that apples are bananas but just to notice that you are the one calling apples apples in the first place.

Edited by 4201

23 hours ago, Vido said:

LOVE!

18 hours ago, JayG84 said:

So you're saying that no matter what our conscious minds think in the material realm, we cannot manipulate our reality?

I never said that.

You can manipulate reality. That's what ego is for. Ego is magic too.

In a sense, everything is random, spontaneous creation with no way of controlling it from God's perspective.

Nothing is random at all. It's a perfect, intelligent design.

The Universe is not 'working with us' to bring us the life we want

The Universe is working to maximize LOVE for all. But that doesn't mean your ego will get its selfish way.

@Flowerfaeiry I would maybe say it this way: that you are imagining (also believing) that they are separate from you and that you believe that you are that which is thinking: "I" (that which I think/believe I am) am imagining "them" (that which I believe/think "they" are). You believe that there is an individual "you" looking at a separate "them" saying "I am imagining them". Even as I say "you", this is something different to what you think (lol). My "you" and "your" "you" are two completely different things. What if one was an idea and one was real?

Let's look at it this way: When I say "I am sad", "I am happy", "I am me", these are products of intelligence, of life, of mind, of the universe. The "I" here is also a product of intelligence because you (as intelligence/life/God/consciousness) believes that "you" are separate (to reality). This "I" (what you think you are) is not really what you are (e.g. we erroneously think that we are a person in the world and experiencing the world/reality). But, you are not "in" reality, you are reality imagining that you are an individual person in reality (your true self) and are separate to that reality. Reality/consciousness/God/Truth/"What is" believes that it is something separate inside itself. This error is supposed to happen. If we are not awakened, it is because we are meant to be asleep. This is why people say that it's not a choice that the individual person makes (to wake up). Also, our sleep (dream) is not real. So it's best that we do not reinforce it by beating ourselves up over it. If we still feel an emotion when we are told that we are not awake, this make us even more asleep. Because we believe it, we need to see it as just a belief. So the "I can tell you're not awake" comment doesn't hold water anymore, when you investigate the "I" and the "you're" here. Even the word "awake" is not really what the true awake means. We might even be able to say that you're already awake, but you don't know what awake means lol, in a way.

I like to think of ego as a verb, not a noun. Ego is a doing-ness that happens when we believe that we are that which we are not. Ego "happens" when reality is tricked into thinking it's a product of itself. It starts when we "believe" the thoughts arising in our mind. We could equate "believing" to "having". Believing "happens" as a consequence of what you are. Who is believing? Who is imagining? and is this "who" separate from what is believed or imagined? That's why meditation works because it is a silencing of the mind. There is no ego in deep sleep. There is just you. Awareness works here too, because awareness (true awareness, not the idea of what it is) is real, and you are real. You are not anything that can be imagined. If it arises in your awareness, it's not the real you, it's a product of the real you.

I hope this helps :) Peace and love,

Lenny