Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vynce

Leo's book

4 posts in this topic

So Leo mentioned in the podcast with Kurt Jaimungal that he is writing a book. Presumably about fundamental epistemology and non-duality. 

So I'm asking directly to Leo here: Are you comfortable sharing any information about what you write and when the book will be published?

The more I’ve thought about this book, the more of a near on impossible task it seems. I mean you can listen to a good audiobook that takes 14-15 hours to complete. That’s a decent sized pretty in depth book for most. Just watching 4 or 5 of Leo’s videos takes you to that sort of length. And 4 or 5 of Leo’s videos would not even scratch the surface of what I’d imagine he’d like to communicate through a book, as in no where near. He’s got hundreds of lengthy videos, and even still through them he’s so much more he wants to communicate. A satisfactory book I’d guess from his perspective to get across entirely what he wants to express would literally have to be like the fucking bible, longer probably. Or otherwise it’s likely to be missing so much of what he wants to write and communicate through it. That is some task for one man. Fair play if he pulls off a book that matches his standards of depth when it comes to this stuff. Id be thinking once he settles into seriously writing this thing he may very well take an extended break from releasing videos. Which would be totally understandable. I wouldn’t be expecting anything to soon I’ve a feeling it may take a very long time to execute it properly. Maybe it’ll happen in a series of books, rather than just one mega thing. That could possibly work. Who knows

18 hours ago, Dazgwny said:

The more I’ve thought about this book, the more of a near on impossible task it seems. I mean you can listen to a good audiobook that takes 14-15 hours to complete. That’s a decent sized pretty in depth book for most. Just watching 4 or 5 of Leo’s videos takes you to that sort of length. And 4 or 5 of Leo’s videos would not even scratch the surface of what I’d imagine he’d like to communicate through a book, as in no where near. He’s got hundreds of lengthy videos, and even still through them he’s so much more he wants to communicate. A satisfactory book I’d guess from his perspective to get across entirely what he wants to express would literally have to be like the fucking bible, longer probably. Or otherwise it’s likely to be missing so much of what he wants to write and communicate through it. That is some task for one man. Fair play if he pulls off a book that matches his standards of depth when it comes to this stuff. Id be thinking once he settles into seriously writing this thing he may very well take an extended break from releasing videos. Which would be totally understandable. I wouldn’t be expecting anything to soon I’ve a feeling it may take a very long time to execute it properly. Maybe it’ll happen in a series of books, rather than just one mega thing. That could possibly work. Who knows

Imagine if Leo made an "All of Reality Explained in 100 hours" video series that had 10 parts, each video being 10 hours long, that would get popular just because of the meme value and epicness of it alone :D

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse