Waves

What Are Your Top 5 Investments In Life?

20 posts in this topic

Last week's video about Investment over years was highly inspiring and got me thinking a lot about how I could be more deliberate in creating the life I want. Here's the time-stamped point where he suggests to do a small but important exercise.

I'd like to invite you to reflect and share the 5 things that you'd like to invest in in the next 5-10 years. It's a good exercise to get clear and concrete. I'm also trying to refine my list and I'm sure that seeing other's ways to label and describe these investments will be helpful to get a better idea of what we personally value. One way I'd like to develop it further and make it more visual and aesthetic is to do some graphic art/mind-maps of these 5 labels.

Here is my first attempt at categorizing them (in no particular order). They are clearly interconnected and spill over into each other, but that's okay ^_^:

1. Self-education
    • Understanding life, learning about various domains and perspectives
    • Developing intelligence, curiosity, wisdom
  2. Social life & skills
    • Seduction, Dating, Sexuality
    • Friendships, tribe, collaboration
    • Self-expression and connection: charismatic and authentic communication.
  3. Career & Business
    • Life Purpose
    • Valuable and rare creative skills
    • Financial Independence
  4. Health
    • Mind-Body connection
    • Movement, Nutrition, Play, Breathwork, Feeling
  5. Self-mastery
    • Mastering my inner Achiever, Creator & Leader: discipline, focus, vision, action, generating results, intensity, clarity
    • Emotional mastery
    • Introspection, self-reflection
    • Spirituality

Curious to learn about yours!

Edited by Waves
Clearer title

Honestly, your list is pretty much what i came down with too. I would add cold showers in 4. and honesty as a value in 2.

Then there is the "how" process: how are you going to develop intelligence and curiosity?

Edited by Human Mint

;) Self Love

Great List~

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@flume  It's mainly about the time, focus, energy you invest, in addition to the money.

The episode was really good. The concept was rather simple, but it definitely changed and expanded my perspective on the "process" of going from vision to creation. I definitely recommend checking it out.

1 hour ago, Human Mint said:

Then there is the "how" process: how are you going to develop intelligence and curiosity?

Yes I didn't want to include the how, because the list would get too bulky, although some how items slipped in haha.

Intelligence would be develop via contemplation, studying and experiencing multiple perspectives, integrating them via contemplation, gaining understanding, etc. Curiosity could emerge from the same process, as, usually, the more you learn and understand, the more you want to expand your map and incorporate other domains. Also, developing gratitude and really appreciating how limited your perspective is, could be another way of developing curiosity. With spiritual practices you can certainly become more child-like and tune in with the beauty around you, which just makes you more fascinated and curious about the world. 

Edited by Waves

My list is similar to yours. 

1. Intelligence and skills. Mastery 

2. Social skills. Social Mastery 

3. Life purpose 

4. Health. 

5. Spirituality. Although I won't consider to be a part of Mastery 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Waves Alright, thanks.

The over arching one for me would be self-reliance: Going all in in letting my intuition guide the way. Bein completely honest with everyone in my life. Becoming my most authentic, unconditioned self. Other than that:

• Healing: Finding new healing modalities through pulling lots of different sources together. Seeing connections no one has seen before. Help people understand themselves better and live a better life. Entrepreneurship. Being financially independent by doing so.

• Sexuality: Building high levels of trust and intimacy, becoming very feminine, releasing all shame and holding back around sexuality: Sex is nothing thats has to be hidden. Tantra workshops, more reading and just trying stuff out, talking to other people about it and sharing freely.

• Open-mindedness: Understanding why people are the way they are and therefore releasing all need to judge. Life-long learning through books, courses, seminars, etc. Stage yellow thinking.

• Self expression: Expressing myself through art, music, dance, style, decoration, writing, poetry, photography, etc. Taking lots of time for these thing and publishing them.

• Sustainability: Having my own farm, knowing everything about gardening and growing most of my own food. 

My list is:

1. Wisdom (spirituality, meditation, contemplation, philosophy, etc.)

2. Education (reading a book per month and writing more)

3. Life Purpose (career/business, write a book, finish my degree, etc.

4. Health (exercise every day, eat healthier, floss, etc.

5. ?????

I am struggling with finding a 5th one to invest in. I don’t give a crap about social life. To me it’s a distraction. I am fine being in solitude and hiking in the woods. I live with my family and love them. I don’t know lol.

I mainly want to commit to life purpose. I need to get financial stability and independence. That’s a goal for me.

Thank you for this thread OP! :)

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

On 9/6/2021 at 9:02 AM, fridjonk said:
  1. Psychedelics -_-

Winner.

Me

too.

Xanga-DMT

WAKE

UP!

Haven't watched the video yet, but this is great stuff. 

1. Pursuing Absolute Truth

- Meditation, Contemplation, Inquiry

- Psychedelics, Breathwork and other techniques

- Surrendering to God in all I do

2. Healing & Embodiment

- Shadow work

- Journaling

- Health (clean nutrition, exceptional fitness) 

- Relationships, Sexuality

3. Pursuing Relative Truth 

- Reading A LOT 

- Contemplating, Synthesizing

- Understanding and questioning sense-making blind spots, self deception mechanism etc. 

- Understanding understanding itself

- Holistic understanding of the world and finding ways to collectively refine that understanding

4. Expression

- Life purpose (to be specified) 

- Creativity (music, dance, writing) 

- Teaching, coaching, guiding

5. Survival 

- Career & financial independence

1. Education: studying a boatload of different perspectives to gear up for an amazing life purpose in science/philosophy and to be a good human being
2. Psychedelics: used once per every two months as checkpoints and/or climatic moments in goal manifestation and spiritual growth
3. Seduction/attraction: everything from the approach to the bedroom (currently getting coached and it's like I'm starting to see and dance in the Matrix)
4. Health: cleaning up nutrition slowly over time and staying physically active through running to have long-standing vitality
5. Fun: this one is counter-intuitive and may sound misleading; I used to be overly serious, but am now letting go and learning how to make the areas that I'm working on fun for me so that the journey is more enjoyable, worthwhile, and attractive to anybody else who's watching (let's be real: who tf is gonna self-actualize if it looks like a grueling, torturous grind?!)

#1 Becoming jacked on consciousness/ awakening 

#2 wisdom, reading books, courses, teachers, lifelong learning 

#3 Finding life purpose and sticking to it

#4 relationships

#5 sticking to one or a few hobbies and spending a lot of time getting good and knowledgeable at them

1. Me

2. My ego

3. My ego again

4. My ego again

5. Me and my ego while we are meditating

“My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices.

It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently”

OSHO

1. Developing a clear mind.

2. Deliberate practice in the areas of your life done strategically to build foundation after foundation as you build up your basic life skillset. ie, Personal finance, self soothing, Qigong, meditation, yoga, good posture, sleep habits, nutrition, inner dialoque work, dating, sex,  etc

2.5 Frequently updating your mental models to be more powerful and accurate. ie, lectures, online courses, books etc

3. Frequently updating your systems for living (your habits) to better match you vision for your healthy and ideal life. systems for living are our habits and routines and tools we use. 

4. Developing a mature look on reality, developing our adveristy quotient, and capacity to deal with difficulties of life and to be able to forgive ourselves and others

5. Learning to use math, procedures, administrative tasks, software, personal finance, accounting equations, etc

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Just wanted to thank you all for contributing, you came up with pretty inspiring stuff. Keep rocking! B|

I find myself one month later coming back to this thread as I attempt to refine my vision. Having these 5 investment written down and articulated is definitely proving structure for my imagination and daily actions. I'm also taking some time once a month to review how I did in the previous weeks and think about how I can concretely invest in these 5 areas in the following month, and which one to prioritize in the short term. Maybe it's helpful to somebody else too.

I'd HIGHLY recommend to not ignore this aspect- Financial Freedom- Online Business, Crypto, Investment Portfolios, etc. 

From there you'll have the time & location freedom to pursue whatever else you want in life, without having the stress of money, paying bills & having to work a job you hate hanging over you. 

Without it, you'll likely have far less time & freedom. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

- Complete and Total Shadow Work Healing (Clear all Trauma and fear, attachments, etc.)

- Developing Complete Clarity (Especially including Life Purpose, Figuring out myself, what my strengths are, what I came here to be)

- Self Mastery ([Dude, do not underestimate sleep, nutrition and exercise! The 3 Pillars!] Habits, addiction control, exercising will, control, focus, concentration, increasing tolerance for suffering, etc.)

- Education (Contemplation too, especially. Independent verification of truths.)

- Psychedelics 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present.