Mulky

Bias against that which obstructs spiritual experience/development

12 posts in this topic

This is where I got stuck.  Had a great deal of trouble putting it into words until Leo's last video, and forgive me if he covers it but I am only partway through and want to get this out before I forget.  This comes in the form of bias against people coming up and talking to you in ways that distract you or lower your state of consciousness.  Bias against people talking about time, or anything time related.  Bias against any influence which you feel will have an obstructive/detrimental effect on your spiritual deepening in a sort of automatic subconscious way that you can't just prevent by some active process.  Bias against activities that prevent you from being able to be a passive observer.  Feeling that there is no free will, and everything is being caused by everything else, bias against influences that will have an effect on surroundings of this experience of life{you}, that will result in an experience which in no way has any depth or real profound consiousness.  Bias against things that will lower your state of consciousness.  

This seems like the tricky part.  I got so lost in this that I have not recovered from it years later.

36 minutes ago, Mulky said:

This is where I got stuck.  Had a great deal of trouble putting it into words until Leo's last video, and forgive me if he covers it but I am only partway through and want to get this out before I forget.  This comes in the form of bias against people coming up and talking to you in ways that distract you or lower your state of consciousness.  Bias against people talking about time, or anything time related.  Bias against any influence which you feel will have an obstructive/detrimental effect on your spiritual deepening in a sort of automatic subconscious way that you can't just prevent by some active process.  Bias against activities that prevent you from being able to be a passive observer.  Feeling that there is no free will, and everything is being caused by everything else, bias against influences that will have an effect on surroundings of this experience of life{you}, that will result in an experience which in no way has any depth or real profound consiousness.  Bias against things that will lower your state of consciousness.  

This seems like the tricky part.  I got so lost in this that I have not recovered from it years later.

You have created an idea of Spirituality which is not Spirituality. What is it to you that is unspiritual? You say there is that which is lower of consciousness. How could this possibly be the case? The very idea that you created for yourself that discriminates between some sort of "Higher form of Being" vs "Lower form of Being", how is that itself not the very form of duality and low of Beingness that you seek to avoid so much?

See, your mind is defined by fear, avoidance, hierarchy, survival, judgement, superiority, inferiority, imperfection. What you call "Low consciousness", is actually nothing but a projection of your own mind. If you would choose not to imagine low consciousness, it would not exist. You are creating that which you seek to escape of, by the very process of attempting to escape it.

Think about this. What would you be escaping if that which you are escaping wouldn't even exist?

Again, you have a feeling of lack of free will, you have a feeling of everything being caused by everything else. Can you see how this feeling, this object of Being, has grabbed you and determined the very nature of your Experience? This object, feeling, cannot be essential to your nature, because it was not present for eternity, it was not present since the moment you were born. You went from one delusion, one object of Isness, to be absorbed by another. You have not escaped the Whirlwind and Dance of Duality, you are being violently tossed back and forth by it.

By pointing to reality and having created a hierarchy of Low and High Consciousness, you have tainted your perception. You have begun to operate from that framework as if it was essential to reality, as if it was what Grounded Existence. But Existence has no Ground, which is you you had the choice to create any Ground you desired. And what you desired, as a result of being convinced by Leo Gura's ideology, is to create a particular narrow framework from which you looked at the world. A framework that is only Truthful as long as you shall imagine it to be. That is the cause of your suffering. It is your arrogance, your judgement, your idea of a superior kind of Isness. That is which rendered you incapable of Surrendering to the Perfection of All that Is. Because to Surrender truly, means to let go of the idea of Spirituality, of Higher and Lower Consciousness, of that which is Passive and Active. These dualities you have created are no different from the dualities of those who you criticize to be of a Lower Kind.

Glory to Israel

24 minutes ago, Scholar said:

You have not escaped the Whirlwind and Dance of Duality, you are being violently tossed back and forth by it.

This, I have a bias toward having this not happen.

The things you said make a great deal of sense, and I myself once had this kind of understanding, but don't now.  Some form of events must have happened to make that be the case, I have a bias against those types of events, and my current state in which  I don't truly understand in any real way anymore, and the resulting suffering.

The fact of the matter is there were times when I was at perfect peace, and there were very real types of things that caused that to end.  I began to notice those things, and developed a bias against them.   I feel my next step which is greatly helped by the video is to move past all bias, even for peace, happiness, oneness ,anything at all.  

Edited by Mulky
grammar

25 minutes ago, Scholar said:

By pointing to reality and having created a hierarchy of Low and High Consciousness, you have tainted your perception.

This is a very true observation I had forgotten, I do appreciate the advice.

14 minutes ago, Mulky said:

This, I have a bias toward having this not happen.

The things you said make a great deal of sense, and I myself once had this kind of understanding, but don't now.  Some form of events must have happened to make that be the case, I have a bias against those types of events, and my current state in which  I don't truly understand in any real way anymore, and the resulting suffering.

The fact of the matter is there were times when I was at perfect peace, and there were very real types of things that caused that to end.  I began to notice those things, and developed a bias against them.   I feel my next step which is greatly helped by the video is to move past all bias, even for peace, happiness, oneness ,anything at all.  

You have created an attachment to Peace. As soon as you have an attachment, you will fear losing it, and that will disturb your peace. So, counter-intuitively, to seek peace you must not seek peace, you must confront and accept suffering.

See, your seeking of the avoidance of bias will create suffering too, because bias is part of your Being. You cannot escape it, all you could possibly do is delude yourself into thinking you are unbiased, which will make your bias just more dangerous. You have to stop with the running away, moving past this, past that. Reality doesn't exist for you to run away from it. You created it because you are in Love with it, and that includes your current struggle.

Glory to Israel

3 minutes ago, Scholar said:

You have created an attachment to Peace. As soon as you have an attachment, you will fear losing it, and that will disturb your peace. So, counter-intuitively, to seek peace you must not seek peace, you must confront and accept suffering.

I have suspected that might be the case, and I think you are right.  I thank you, and Leo for the video.

9 minutes ago, Mulky said:

I have suspected that might be the case, and I think you are right.  I thank you, and Leo for the video.

What you should do in my opinion is get a good grasp of the feeling. The feeling that motivates you to "avoid all bias", to "go past X". I suspect it is the same feeling that made you desire Peace, and you simply replace the object of desire, thinking that this will solve it.

But what you actually need to do is resolve the very desire itself. Become aware of it, confront it, accept it. Do not avoid it, do not seek to go "past it". Because that will actually feed it.

Become clearly aware of this dynamic and how you have been chasing your own tail.

Glory to Israel

You are saying to be aware and accept the inner desire that wants peace and now wants to avoid all bias.   Immediately my mind tries to do the same thing with the method you just described.  So now if I understand, I need to accept and observe even that and not try to do anything about it.  IT feels like I have on one level I know this is going on but it still has not come to an end.  I am willing to try what you suggest.  

57 minutes ago, Mulky said:

You are saying to be aware and accept the inner desire that wants peace and now wants to avoid all bias.   Immediately my mind tries to do the same thing with the method you just described.  So now if I understand, I need to accept and observe even that and not try to do anything about it.  IT feels like I have on one level I know this is going on but it still has not come to an end.  I am willing to try what you suggest.  

First just become clearly aware of this, seek out that feeling, that desire, and look at it as clearly as you can. Do this for some time, make it a practice.

Glory to Israel

21 hours ago, Mulky said:

I myself (self & other) once (past & future) had this kind of understanding (self & understanding), but don't now (past, now, future).  Some form (infinite & finite) of events must have happened to make that be the case, I have a bias against those types of events, and my current state in which  I don't truly understand in any real way anymore, and the resulting suffering.

Get into those details / dualities as they arise, noticing they’re thoughts, thus not believing / attaching to them so to speak. While it seems like the feeling is due to the past, the offness of feeling is in regard to the thoughts arising now. ‘Go to’ a past or past events only right now. Literally find what you’re thinking or talking about. 

If Abe’s teaching’s resonate, use them… fully. Specifically the ‘lesson’ or message of ‘you can’t get there from there’. Sounds like that’s what you’re trying to impose, and discovering the hard way. It’s pretty easy to be ‘I create my own reality’ when things are clicking & working out… but when there are difficulties, that’s when you don’t say it’s because of an outside force asserting upon you (5meo) you introspect, have a look at how you’re interpreting, and free yourself of the discord in perspective. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Thank you guys,  I am not sure who Abe is, if it's Abraham Hicks I actually don't know much about them.  Leos last video helped me more than probably any so far and you guys have also helped.

Love your biases. Don't judge yourself so harshly. Recognize all biases served a purpose for you -- survival in chaotic world. Now, you are an adult capable of introspection. Love it all, but start contemplating what biases you can let go of and which you won't/still need.

To be a human being is to be biased.

Live consciously, but first and foremost: love, don't judge.

Dance dance dance ??❤️?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.