POLL: Education of Forum Members

Education Distribution   47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your degree of education?

• High school
    • College (Associate's Degree)
    • Bachelor's Degree
    • Master's Degree
    • PhD

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

I would like to start a small survey to estimate the approximate distribution of the educational levels of the forum members.

I am using the american education system as a reference (High school/College/University Degrees), because the majority of the forum members live in the USA. For those not educated in the US, please select your approximately corresponding level of education. 

1) Please select only the degree which you already have, not the degree which you are currently working on getting. 

2) Only select the highest degree you have. 

The survey is anonymous. 

Hmm what about "elementary school"? And some people haven't done even that.

Many people haven't done even high school.

But I'm not sure how the school system in US works..

Edited by Blackhawk

I'm in University right now. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I were always a school hater, and I still am. Every second (many years) was 100% a waste of time. I don't remember anything of what I "learned". And the job I now have doesn't require any education other than a driver's license. And I think my salary is a bit better than average.

Sorry, that was just some rambling about me..

Wheres actualized.org university ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

High school and some college.  I want to get a dog training license.  And take some art and psychology classes in the future if my mental health improves and I feel I can take that on.  I've always had trouble in school though, despite having a high IQ.  It's the whole paying attention and remembering what has been said that's so tough, even with notes.  But these three things I am good at and could pass even with some trouble focusing.  In a year I will revisit this, I will be settled in a new home and will be doing part-time work.  (recovering from psychosis, takes a bit of time to get back to original functioning, I tend to get more of the psychological freezing more than anything else)

So that's why I am behind.  Still directionless.  I'm just going to work on myself the best I can and take it easy for this lifetime, learn as much about God as I can and I think that I will dissolve my karma and won't have so many problems in the next life to work through.

I do wish I had more education, though, and for those who are wondering if they should go to school... I would do it.
There are so many more opportunities for you if you have a degree.

@Knowledge Hoarder

4 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Just out of curiosity, what made you do this poll? Why do you need to know the educational level of the forum?

I don't need to know, but I did it for two reasons;

1) Mainly just out of plain curiosity

2)  To a certain limited extent, it allows you to recontextualize this forum and much of what is going on here. 

If for example, people would start to argue about scientific or any such technical issues, it would actually make a big difference if we had let's say 90% people who have (only) graduated from high school VS if we had 90% people who have a PhD. You can see how that would matter a lot, if you were to talk about a scientific problem. Or any other problem, which formal education gets you to master!! That's basically the main point here. 

Obviously we don't have such a gaping difference, so there is no such major pull in any direction to be considered/ used for recontextualization. The results (so far) are interesting nonetheless and probably something to keep in mind anyway. 

It also lets you roughly gauge the average members age, but I think I did a poll on that a year ago or so. Most members here are fairly young.

42 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Wheres actualized.org university ?

@NoSelfSelf When Leo starts handing out degrees for realizing God after plugging??