Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kireet

A strange materialistic loop (Insight)

3 posts in this topic

I have been contemplating on why most rich people (with money , knowledge or other such commodities )  are the way they are . I realised most people's life (for those who want to be rich and those who are) is like counting the natural numbers . They start with 1 ... then 2 .... then 3 , but dont know realize that they will never succeed ? because if you keep on counting you will just end up counting and the counting will never end . Thus probably most people are living in circles of materialistic (money, knowledge , sex etc.) desires and the problem with running in circles is that there no finish line and you just keep running. Maybe thats why most people never attain to financial independence because after attaining to a certain level , they want more and this more keeps on working till the end of their lives for something which DOES NOT END. 

then i thought maybe the problem is desire??

Then I started contemplating on desire . then after a few weeks of contemplating I realized that desire is like an engine without which movement is not possible , but most people do not have mostly the desires that will turn them inward  . So i now know that without desire life is not possible just like the car which cannot run without the engine .

so what i want to ask is there  solution to this problem of endless chasing ? if the answer is realizing we are doing this , then how will someone do that? (because even for that most people will need the right kind of atmosphere of knowledge around them) and is it true that we just cannot change some people because this problem seems like it is not solvable ?? 

i just want your insights because i have been contemplating this for a long time without a answer .

"All troubles come to an end when the ego dies"

"God has become man; man will become God again"

It is the nature of desire not to be satisfied, and most men live only for the gratification of it. - Aristotle

It's not wrong to chase desires as long as you're aware they will ultimately not satisfy you. For example it's very useful to have concrete goals, but don't expect happiness when reaching them. Find satisfaction in working towards them instead with desire being useful fuel.

Annddd....just watch this:

Edited by ItsNick

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

10 hours ago, kireet said:

I have been contemplating on why most rich people (with money , knowledge or other such commodities )  are the way they are . I realised most people's life (for those who want to be rich and those who are) is like counting the natural numbers . They start with 1 ... then 2 .... then 3 , but dont know realize that they will never succeed ? because if you keep on counting you will just end up counting and the counting will never end . Thus probably most people are living in circles of materialistic (money, knowledge , sex etc.) desires and the problem with running in circles is that there no finish line and you just keep running. Maybe thats why most people never attain to financial independence because after attaining to a certain level , they want more and this more keeps on working till the end of their lives for something which DOES NOT END. 

then i thought maybe the problem is desire??

Then I started contemplating on desire . then after a few weeks of contemplating I realized that desire is like an engine without which movement is not possible , but most people do not have mostly the desires that will turn them inward  . So i now know that without desire life is not possible just like the car which cannot run without the engine .

so what i want to ask is there  solution to this problem of endless chasing ? if the answer is realizing we are doing this , then how will someone do that? (because even for that most people will need the right kind of atmosphere of knowledge around them) and is it true that we just cannot change some people because this problem seems like it is not solvable ?? 

i just want your insights because i have been contemplating this for a long time without a answer .

Firstly, yes you have contemplated rightly and you are perceptive.

And yes there is a solution to this, and that is unifying the desires you have. Ask yourself, through this desire what do I actually want to get? What do I want to achieve through this?

You will then see that the desires you have are not desires, but means to fewer desires. For many people, these fewer desires are generally being loved, loving others, being free, etc. If you contemplate this deeply, you will see that it's like all the many desire you had and the energies invested in them are merging back into these fewer desires. Repeating the process, you will find that you desire but one thing. Try to get to this in your contemplation and answer back if you will.