funkychunkymonkey

Dealing with people pulling you down into the rat race

10 posts in this topic

Sometimes im asked why i seem so happy with so little, why i smile all the time. I make great friends. But one thing i hear a lot when they finally pull the "im going to pursue enlightenment" out of me. they wanna puke, and call it crazy that i wanna go meditate with monks, that i dont care about money, that im deluded, and such n such n bullcrap. My favorite i hear is "you should accept jesus as your lord and savior instead" then they get mad that i chuckle. meanwhile i dont force buddhism or advaita onto anyone, but im deluded? Guess i just wonder how you guys deal with the unconscious population. Much love and joy!

4 hours ago, funkychunkymonkey said:

Sometimes im asked why i seem so happy with so little, why i smile all the time. I make great friends. But one thing i hear a lot when they finally pull the "im going to pursue enlightenment" out of me. they wanna puke, and call it crazy that i wanna go meditate with monks, that i dont care about money, that im deluded, and such n such n bullcrap. My favorite i hear is "you should accept jesus as your lord and savior instead" then they get mad that i chuckle. meanwhile i dont force buddhism or advaita onto anyone, but im deluded? Guess i just wonder how you guys deal with the unconscious population. Much love and joy!

they are fine, it is you that has the problem, they are triggering you and getting you riled up

what others think and say and do is none of your business even if it is directed towards you

everyone and everything is perfect, your task is to see that it all for your benefit, it is not designed to sink you moods but to heal your wounds

that is why osho says don't renounce the world, use the world as your vehicle to wake up so that life can be a celebration a rejoicing a delight

@funkychunkymonkey I am careful who I spend my time with, and with who I bring those subjects up with.

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

27 minutes ago, SLuxy said:

@funkychunkymonkey I am careful who I spend my time with, and with who I bring those subjects up with.

true

fix you first

then love them

however the test of how well you are fixed is how you deal with the less unconscious

8 hours ago, funkychunkymonkey said:

. they wanna puke, and call it crazy that i wanna go meditate with monks, that i dont care about money, that im deluded, and such n such n bullcrap. My favorite i hear is "you should accept jesus as your lord and savior instead" then they get mad that i chuckle.

You didn't drink the same Kool-Aid they drank, and they're taking it as a personal rejection -- so they're reacting with the same intensity as a spurned lover. I typically avoid these people when it happens.

The rejection is not about religion. I get a similar reaction when I tell divorced people I've never been married. They start acting with the same intensity as if I was the person who divorced them. It would be ludicrous if their reactions were not so scary.

11 hours ago, funkychunkymonkey said:

how you guys deal with the unconscious population

Realizing that all explorations are equally valid. Even the exploration of what people label as "unconscious". Also, find your tribe. Spend time with like minded people who are also curious and seeking knowledge and truth. 

@funkychunkymonkey Something else that will benefit you is to work on letting go of the need for others to understand and accept your goals and ambitions. This can be challenging because we are heavily conditioned to seek approval and acceptance outside ourselves. 

Edited by Matthew85

talking about this topic with someone who is not interested in it is nonsense. Imagine that 2 years ago, or 8 years ago, or whenever you had no interest in this, someone gave you a conference about spirituality and non-duality. what would you think?

15 hours ago, funkychunkymonkey said:

@funkychunkymonkey We've replaced religion with capitalism. In the past, it was heresy to go against the word of god. Today it is heresy to question rationality, materialism, science, and the endless purchasing of absolute crap. 

Having said that, stage green is pretty common in most western countries now, especially amongst younger people and those living in big cities. Stage green people will be much more understanding of your positions, so befriend stage green people.