Vision

Full Time Mystic/Sage - What does it look like in practice?

26 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2021 at 7:42 AM, Sempiternity said:

Well, I am in the process of buying a home deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest. I got a bit of inheritance that gives me about $2000 a month in stock dividends. It's not alot, but it's enough to not have to work, pay the mortgage and buy food and necessities. I'm going out as far as I can away from society, so I can dedicate my time 100% to my spiritual path, with no distractions. I've let go of the desire for companionship, sex, friends, family. My days will be filled with meditation, kriya yoga, letting go / surrendering practices, vipassana practices, with psychedelics ceremonies in the evening, and integration process afterwards. I'll do this for as long as it feels necessary, completely cut off from all of society, until I feel satisfied in my spiritual journey, or maybe I'll stay there till the end of my time here. I'm tired of half-assing my spiritual practice, time to get really serious and dedicate my life full time to it. 

@Sempiternity That's cool. So you're basically financially free? 

On 07/09/2021 at 9:03 PM, Leo Gura said:

There are many different ways that could look. Be careful assuming it only looks one way.

@Leo Gura I don't think it only looks one way. But how many different ways could it really look? 

When I think of a sage/mystic, I think of a wise person who is devoted to discovering and living the Truth, and sharing their insights with others via teachings, books, lectures, etc.

Isn't that what every sage has done to date? Think of Yogananda, Swami Vivekananda, Gandhi, Dalai Lama, Rumi, Ken Wilber, Peter Ralston.

On 07/09/2021 at 9:56 PM, Rhinosaur said:

Don't get hung up on sharing insights like Leo does, there are plenty of teachers already, hundreds-thousands of actually very useful books and videos to learn about spirituality from, and more coming, but their words are no substitute for direct experience.

@Rhinosaur What do you mean don't get hung up by it? What if it's my Life Purpose or domain of mastery to help others become wise? 

On 9/10/2021 at 2:03 AM, Vision said:

@Sempiternity That's cool. So you're basically financially free? 

Mostly. It's enough to survive on / cover all the basics so I don't 'have' to work. So if I live simply, I'll be comfortable. But, I will most likely have to do more, as large financial needs come up, like if the house needs to new roof, or new kitchen, or I need to get a new vehicle, and so on. I am in the process of leisurely writing many books, so if published might be a good source of future income. And I have an interest in doing spiritual life-coaching, which I could do from home. But both are something that I'm passionate about and 'want' to do, not something I'm forced to do. 

On 9/7/2021 at 1:42 PM, Sempiternity said:

Well, I am in the process of buying a home deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest. I got a bit of inheritance that gives me about $2000 a month in stock dividends. It's not alot, but it's enough to not have to work, pay the mortgage and buy food and necessities. I'm going out as far as I can away from society, so I can dedicate my time 100% to my spiritual path, with no distractions. I've let go of the desire for companionship, sex, friends, family. My days will be filled with meditation, kriya yoga, letting go / surrendering practices, vipassana practices, with psychedelics ceremonies in the evening, and integration process afterwards. I'll do this for as long as it feels necessary, completely cut off from all of society, until I feel satisfied in my spiritual journey, or maybe I'll stay there till the end of my time here. I'm tired of half-assing my spiritual practice, time to get really serious and dedicate my life full time to it. 

Badass

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

On 13.10.2021 at 7:30 AM, Khr said:

I wonder how key is this? 

For me, very key. I suppose for @Nahm and @mandyjw too.

A meditation practice, simply recognizing how a thought feels and focusing on whatever feels even a little bit better is quite a magic show. Try it for yourself.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

Working toward health, balance, love, beauty and truth full time.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"