Gabith

How was your first "mystical experience" ?

11 posts in this topic

My first one was 6 years ago, three months after beginning to meditate every evening for personal development.

During a meditation session I've forgotten that "I" existed and I was overwhelmed with ecstasy & amazing feeling (serenity?) I don't remember exactly but it lasted 2-3 seconds because my mind was like "omg what's happening" at this time I didn't know about spirituality and it was the most powerful and beautiful experience I've had.
So it was a big mind-opener

first mystical experience was 6-7 years ago , all of sudden  i was high, the air i was breathing was making me high, everything was perfect, it lasted couple of hours , 4 years ago i thought I was Jesus it was terrifying and horrible experience. 

@blackchair haha I've had the same experience where I thought I was Jesus, it was right after an experience of pure love

@Gabith yeah for me it was scary shit i thought I would die at 33, (now I'm 32) it's not all peachy and roses on this path....

If you read David R. Hawkin's description of his enlightenment in his preface in his book Power vs Force, I've got exactly that. 

Basically, all spiritual masters hate it when they are forced to describe their enlightenment of their true self, and I understand why that happens. Because as soon as you "explain" nature, as soon as you put "words" or "phrases" or even "description" of nature, it actually creates a negative effect not only the the explainer but also to the recipient. However, I believe it's  all about what kind of mindset one has in explaining his enlightenment description to the other.

For me.... I'll just explain it simply. It was not accomplished by me. The universe did it. When I say universe, I mean consciousness. That consciousness isn't just consciousness though. Lying behind it there is an energy. Consciousness is just an awareness. Awareness and consciousness is just the light. The energy that lies behind it is the grounding yin (阴) energy, while the light/consciousness/awareness is the yang (阳) energy. To explain it pictorially, imagine throwing water on a car window. There is a window covered with numerous droplets of bubbles of water. The window is the energy, while the water bubbles on the window is the light/awareness/consciousness that sees everything. That car window covered in droplets is the true self, presence, buddha, presence, whichever you'd like to call it. This is a gross explanation of God, though. It's merely pictorial. It doesn't explain anything about the quality of its state. But I'll go into it further about how it looks like. Why is it called the universe? Because this energy and light exists in everything, every animal, in us, our hands, our intestines, in a flower, in Hitler, in the stars, in the sun, in the whole galaxy, infinite. The light exists in the your flower, and if you are sensitive to this energy and light, (true self, buddha, God) you will see this light and energy in that flower. It exists in the person you hate the most too. In fact, if you hate them too much, this energy and light will cease to be shown in him. You realize your body doesn't exist, only that energy and light is composed of your body. 

That energy and light is love. It is empty, yet filled. What is it filled with? Energy and light. It's empty. It's light breeze. It's not forceful. It's powerful, but not static. It's powerful like a flower (as osho liked to say). It's powerful like the waves of the ocean. But it's not powerful like a rock. Anyway, I hope I've given you some insight into it. 

I have to preface this that I am in no way a loving individual. I am flawed very much. And this enlightenment that has been given to me to this day was from none of my efforts. It was totally by the grace of the world, not by me. For some reason, the world wanted to reveal itself to me. However, I am yet to grow much more. I am yet to learn from the universe much more. I'm still far away from the end. 

I remember accessing strange dimensions as a kid, not unlike those I encountered much later in life on psychedelics. The one I remember most is a kind of "red" dimension with no gravity, where everything was soft and fluffy, geometry was non-Euclidean and unlike what we're used to. Like a point would poke inwards or outwards and this would create strange kind of shearing, it was very beautiful visually. I remember the feeling of redness and deep love when I was there. Pretty sure those were my first "mystical" experiences. Although as a kid I though that was just normal experience, it took me a while to realize that it's not.

About 6 years ago. Had a few of what I would call mystical experiences before then, but then I combined ketamine and LSD one day. This was the experience that prompted me to actually start seriously looking into spirituality and truth. What happened was basically indescribable, but it was as if my life never happened, and there was the remembrance that I was never actually born -- I was just God dreaming itself to be a person. Mystical union with everything. Turns out this was kind of a delusion too, but it was so much more profound than anything that came before, that I figured I must've missed something important somewhere down the line xD

I've had 2-3 maybe one second long experiences where it was like i was seen as empty and impersonal and meaningless as an ant or a bug of some kind(hard to describe), and even though it seems to me that i'm using my thinking to make sense of the world, my thinking/internal monologue was somehow also seen as empty and meaningless and erroneous. And the sense of emptiness had a familiar "taste" to it.

Too bad these experiences only last for a few seconds and then everything goes back to "normal". And often when these type of experiences happen i can't help but try to remember them for a while.

These usually happen out of the blue. Once it happened when i was walking in the forest with my dog and i was playfully imagining that my body left a trail of color in the air where i walked and boom, suddenly everything was seen as empty and impersonal(for a second).

I don't know what to make of these experiences or whether they are mystical or not, but i found them a bit frightening, amazing, mysterious and familiar. xD

At the first transformational workshop I attended, one of the processes brought on quite a big kundalini experience in my body. When I went outside to sit on the grass I just looked at everything, and every time I blinked my eyes, it literally felt that I was creating the world a new. Felt so natural. 

Probably when I was around twelve. Was just standing in my room and all of a sudden, nothing. It felt like someone unplugged a cord and my experience of life disappeared. No senses whatsoever, yet I still remained. But I couldn't define myself. Didn't know what to make out of it and was just left confused. Also I had on and off experiences where space or rather distance would become relative. Something a couple feet away, to me felt like it was a couple hundred feet away. Was kinda freaky. Or the room would start stretching 

Edited by Jakuchu

My first mystical experience was when I was about 10.  It happened while I was asleep, like a dream.  But this was no dream.  There was no "I" and nothing was actually experienced.  "I" was simply one with the void.  There was no light, but also perfect light.  It was pure bliss.  When I woke up and went to school, I had no idea what to make of it or how to even attempt to put words around it.  For years I never even tried.  Eastern mysticism and psychedelic experiences are the closest I could find that talked about such things.  As an adult I've taken a lot of LSD, mushrooms and even 5MeO-DMT and NOTHING I have experienced since comes close.  I don't know how it happened, or even what happened.  Grace is all I can think of.   But that experience was so indelible it has never left me 45 years later.