levani

MDMA / permanent feeling ?

31 posts in this topic

the question is: is it possible to feel like i'm always on MDMA ? is that called enlightenment / samadhi ?

the story is: i took MDMA, half a pill, 140 ug (i think) and yes i took it at a festival BUT i meditated my way into it and through it.

Yes, but maybe not as intensely. Would you really want to live in constant peak ecstasy? The force would tear you apart.

You are not going to sustain a psychedelic peak.

MDMA specifically burns through your serotonin. It's not healthy or sustainable at all.

That peak won't last even if you take MDMA every day.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

24 minutes ago, levani said:

the question is: is it possible to feel like i'm always on MDMA ? is that called enlightenment / samadhi ?

the story is: i took MDMA, half a pill, 140 ug (i think) and yes i took it at a festival BUT i meditated my way into it and through it.

Not even close. There is no constant state. Enlightenment is the end of "now what?" in every possible way. One way of putting it, is your highest insights will be on equal footing with abject depravity -- that's how little anything matters in enlightenment. There is no self left. It's the end of better/worse. You do not want enlightenment. From your perspective, it's like going to sleep and never waking up -- except, sleep is peaceful, enlightenment is not even peace. It's an unimaginably absolute loss.

However, it is actually possible to feel like you're on MDMA any time you want! Lots of meditation practice can bring that ability about. But when you have it, really have it, you'll barely use it. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Edited by The0Self

@Leo Gura how can i sustain a psychedelic peak ?

7/8th jhana ?

kundalini breathing ?

or is it that I have to be comfortable with negative experiences/pain because they are inevitable ?

i just wanna feel love all the time.

4 minutes ago, levani said:

@Leo Gura how can i sustain a psychedelic peak ?

7/8th jhana ?

kundalini breathing ?

or is it that I have to be comfortable with negative experiences/pain because they are inevitable ?

7 and 8th jhana is so far beyond what most get with a psychedelic peak.

Even 5th and 6th jhana is.

The ability to manifest 2nd (or even maybe 1st) jhana at will is enough for your life to never be the same it's so good.

Of course god realizations are beyond all that but it's ultimately meaningless anyway. Most don't get that far.

Edited by The0Self

how many jhanas can you access ?

any books / posts / videos explaining how they work or what they actually are ?

Edited by levani

1 minute ago, levani said:

how many jhanas can you access ?

1-7

After I was able to access 2nd at will, I barely even practiced. Absolutely no need.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self can you explain from personal direct experience what they feel ike and how long it took you to access them and what you did to access them which meditation specifically or which method/practice

and

@The0Self @The0Self@The0Self

9 minutes ago, levani said:

@The0Self can you explain from personal direct experience what they feel ike and how long it took you to access them and what you did to access them which meditation specifically or which method/practice

and

@The0Self @The0Self@The0Self

Culadasa -- TMI

Rob Burbea -- Seeing That Frees

A bunch of other random books and research that I can't remember.

Followed TMI more or less and then eventually just kind of did my own thing. Way too haphazard to teach it. It absolutely can be done though. Got to 2nd jhana in about 2 weeks but then had a full 2 YEARS of no jhanas before they appeared again. Not everyone will stick with it. My desire for truth was unyielding and I thought meditation had something to do with truth. Turns out there's nothing to find. There is enlightenment, but you never get it. You just stop experiencing, or you don't. I cannot explain to you how worthless the whole endeavor is. When you realize this you might just be laughing and crying at the same time. Until then? Have at it.

As far as what they feel like? I'll post in a sec:

Edited by The0Self

@levani As far as what they feel like,

The first time you enter jhana you might just think you're about to die. It is that intense. Entire field of awareness is filled with an insane level of exhilarating bliss. Turn away from the exhilaration and to the bliss and 2nd appears. Turn away from the exhilaration entirely and 3rd appears -- an incredibly serene state of chill bliss. Then turn away from the pleasant aspect of 3rd, moving toward 4th -- pure peace. Then abandoning materiality, then space, then turning toward the perception of nothing. I have no clue what 8th is like -- it's possible it's so ineffable I just don't know it when it's there.

26 minutes ago, levani said:

how can i sustain a psychedelic peak ?

You can't.

All states are impermanent.

True Love is all states. It's infinitely meta.

50 minutes ago, levani said:

is it possible to feel like i'm always on MDMA ?

obviously not.

some people crave for this feeling all the time, and they end up becoming addicts.

27 minutes ago, levani said:

this is an overly high expectation.

when you're sober, how do you feel on a regular basis?

Edited by kag101

one day this will all be memories

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can't.

All states are impermanent.

True Love is all states.

^^^^^

You can't exactly feel love all the time, because it's all there is already. You're sitting in it. You are it -- nothing.

Edited by The0Self

Remember, Love is not a feeling. Your feelings of love are nice but they will not last, they are just the froth on top of the ocean.

50 minutes ago, The0Self said:

^^^^^

You can't exactly feel love all the time, because it's all there is already. You're sitting in it. You are it -- nothing.

Man... Nothingness is so rad. It shouldn't exist and yet when you try to find consciousness you find that there is genuinely and literally nothing there at all. Yet we are it so could it be said to not exist in the truest sense? So fucking wild and freaky. I love it.

6 hours ago, kag101 said:

when you're sober, how do you feel on a regular basis?

not too great if i don't exercise, sometimes lazy, sometimes not. when i'm sober i feel less conscious than when i'm on something and higher consciousness is like.. "non-addictively ADDICTIVE" if you get what i mean ?

i guess my confusion is here:

i think that by increasing consciousness i will automatically increase the "feeling" of happiness/love/bliss

but this isn't entirely true is it

14 hours ago, levani said:

i guess my confusion is here:

i think that by increasing consciousness i will automatically increase the "feeling" of happiness/love/bliss

but this isn't entirely true is it

There can be some loose correlation, but it's not as direct as people hope.

You need to be very careful about the trap of chasing positive feelings. Chase Truth instead. Positive feelings will come and go.

Enlightenment is being totally open, like the wide open blue sky, while simultaneously being grounded in Self-Love (The Sun).

Clouds may pass by, even hurricanes and other shitty weather, but you just watch them pass by and nod and smile (unless you of course want a wild ride: exciting hurricanes and thunderstorms can be addictive ???️?️??).

Freedom ?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.