Bob Seeker

Young, broke, saving money for life purpose. Do I need doctors check ups, dentistry

7 posts in this topic

I know it is recommended for regular doctor, and dentist check ups.

I'm just struggling to same up money to have a shot at starting my life purpose.

I am generally healthy but also working construction which is unhealthy.

Honestly, am I stupid not to spend the hundreds or maybe more that doctors and dentists will charge me?

Are there cheap doctors and dentists or is it all basically the same?

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

Dentistry is more important I would say. Docs are pretty useless unless you got a condition.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Docs are often useless even when you have a condition but it's a mild one.

I don't know how it is in your country, but in mine you can go to a public hospital and get service from a student dentist that is still learning. It's way cheaper, sometimes even free.

Personally, I have never used that option as normal dentists are not that pricey where I live. They are pricey if you need to replace teeth or something, but not for the routine stuff.

There is a lot you can do if you learn proper dental hygiene (not suggesting your dental hygiene is insufficient btw ?) including daily flossing, single tooth brushing and occasional water pick. Good dental hygiene and low sugar consumption will get you a long way. But getting hygienist checkup twice a year is a good idea. Unchecked dental issues can destroy your digestive health and even give you heart problems down the road

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Get full panel blood work done and focus your money on dentistry if you had to choose

Spending hundreds directly on your health and healthy foods will give you a good ROI. 

For the dentist part I think the cleanings are much needed. Bad dental health can cause some serious issues and large expenses later if you don't take care of them. Invest a good $100 into a nice toothbrush and make a good care routine with regular cleanings and scanning. 

Yes, if you want to achieve your life purpose, you want to be as healthy as possible. Don't skip yearly physicals and semiannual dentist cleanings.