Leo Gura

Jordan Klepper Fingers The Anti-Vaxxers

44 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, trenton said:

Do you think this approach could work for some of these people?

Statistically anything will work on some percentage of people.

But the question is, isn't there a better use of your time? Like educating people whose minds are not totally rotted.

Political action and education is all about efficiency. Your resources are so limited that you must allocate them very strategically and wisely, otherwise it's like pissing into the ocean. 50% of people don't vote or follow politics at all! That's who you should be focused on reaching. It's much easier to educate and mobilize 10 normies than it is to reeducate a single MAGA conspiracy theorist.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Statistically anything will work on some percentage of people.

But the question is, isn't there a better use of your time? Like educating people whose minds are not totally rotted.

Political action and education is all about efficiency. Your resources are so limited that you must allocate them very strategically and wisely, otherwise it's like pissing into the ocean. 50% of people don't vote or follow politics at all! That's who you should be focused on reaching. It's much easier to educate and mobilize 10 normies than it is to reeducate a single MAGA conspiracy theorist.

@Leo Gura that makes perfect since.  It is not feasible to reform every child rapist, hence criminal prevention is key to addressing crime.  I could apply the same thing to ideology, COVID, education, and more.  It is not feasible to heal everybody in the hospital, therefore many are expected to die for a lack of ventilation.  This is probably a better approach than convincing conspiracy theorists.

I remember another saying that when you learn something wrong once, you have to relearn it 7 times.  It would be easier to work with a blank slate because many conspiracy theorists may use the fact that I voted for Biden to discredit anything I say.  This would be attacking the messenger, and there would be nothing I could do at that point.

2 minutes ago, trenton said:

It is not feasible to heal everybody in the hospital, therefore many are expected to die for a lack of ventilation.

Well, it's feasible until they run out of hospital space.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Knowledge Hoarder that was a very interesting study done on conspiracy theorists.  This is probably what more people need to be taught in order to prevent them from subscribing to these theories to begin with.  What other studies do you know of?