Leo Gura

Jordan Klepper Fingers The Anti-Vaxxers

44 posts in this topic

there are even enough anti vaxxers on this forum, which honestly surprises me a bit.

This is a insanity-pandemic as well. So it's definitely the right approach to quickly ban the crazy ones.

I'm just wondering why impulse9 isn't banned yet. Maybe because he uses the mix a bit truth with falsehood tactic to make the falsehood seem more believable. And referring to real doctors (who are deluded) works too.

8 minutes ago, Philipp said:

there are even enough anti vaxxers on this forum, which honestly surprises me a bit.

Yeah it's quite mind-boggling, they keep coming from all directions.

Edited by Blackhawk

25 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

I'm just wondering why impulse9 isn't banned yet.

Me too.

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I'm just wondering why impulse9 isn't banned yet.

2 hours ago, Nobody_Here said:

Me too.

It's because good English and vague allusions to infectologists gives the illusion that he is making a rational cogent argument rather than just being dogmatic and whiny. @impulse9

@Blackhawk its also interesting how anti vaxxers seem to be so present on social media like twitter. I have more and more the feeling that actually smart & good people just use way less social media, maybe because they don't have the time or maybe because they don't feel the need to get their opinion affirmed by some internet mob. 

Anyways what annoys me is that anti vaxxers, and similar groups often get the feeling they represent the majority, just because their have their giant circle jerk on social media, but they don't realize how many people actually disagree with them, but just don't bother to answer or comment. People talk about echo chambers but honestly its not a chamber its almost the whole platform. 

Have you had similar observations?

Edited by Philipp

5 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

because good English and vague allusions to infectologists gives the illusion that he is making a rational cogent argument rather than just being dogmatic and whiny. @impulse9

Yes, I'm just an idiot without a nuanced worldview, what gave it away? :D

For the record, I'm _NOT_ against vaccines. I'm against 1) guilt-shaming others into taking vaccines and 2) acting as if putting a pharmaceutical into your body doesn't come with a set of risks. As long as those are satisfied I have 0 arguments against anything.

What do we do about this?

There's these people who are closer to stage red anti vax, and then there are the quieter anti vax people closer to stage green. 

At this point I'm just waiting to get my delta booster.

7 minutes ago, Zega said:

then there are the quieter anti vax people closer to stage green.

Green is not so quiet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

Yes, I'm just an idiot without a nuanced worldview, what gave it away? :D

For the record, I'm _NOT_ against vaccines. I'm against 1) guilt-shaming others into taking vaccines and 2) acting as if putting a pharmaceutical into your body doesn't come with a set of risks. As long as those are satisfied I have 0 arguments against anything.

Yes, you're one of the more intelligent trolls I've come across. 

When you realize it is one of the richest state of one of the richest countries in the world.

:D:P 

More doozies

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

More doozies

Interesting mix of scientific and spiritual appeals very passionate.

I sympathize with her feeling this way given the information streams that exist.

"I know a time is coming... All words will lose their meaning..." Arcadefire

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

More doozies

I wish I could show clips like this to my coworkers without causing office drama. 

This past week, I heard:

”Hey, are your kids gonna wear masks at their school?”

in a dejected tone “Yeah...what about yours?”

”No, thank God...”

As a former band nerd, I’d also like to point out masks and music don’t mix. ¢2

By the way I was also at that meeting in NYC and there were few people interviewing and I also volunteered to be interviewed as I do have science background. But interesting my interview never made it live. Not sure why, maybe because I was giving science facts and explaining things very clear. I guess they were cherry picking specific people and made their report as they did. I am not surprised why they did it, I am surprised why many here fall for it.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Green is not so quiet.

Compared to the rest?
They are certainly not silent, but I don't see them at these big rallies. 

I could be wrong though...

Most the green anti vax stuff I've seen has been social media with stage red/blue backing them. Weird common ground now that I think about it.

2 hours ago, Zega said:

Compared to the rest?
They are certainly not silent, but I don't see them at these big rallies. 

I could be wrong though...

Most the green anti vax stuff I've seen has been social media with stage red/blue backing them. Weird common ground now that I think about it.

The MAGA crazies just steal all the attention because they have totally lost their minds so it's like watching a train wreck.

If I were to talk to people who subscribe to one of the many dangerous conspiracy theories, then I would try to redirect their efforts toward something better rather than convince them that they are wrong.  In this process I try to be as non-judgemental as possible.

For example, if a person subscribed to the theory that the election of 2020 was rigged and Trump won, I don't think I can convince them they are wrong.  Instead I would tell them how elections are rigged and what can be done to stop it.  This includes the need for a constitutional convention to address term limits and campaign finance reform.  Other measures include stopping the abuse of lobbying, gerrymandering, and voter suppression.  Many people on supported the for the people act until Republican leaders told them it was the leftists trying to push their agenda.  Many of these conspiracy theorists might agree to sign a petition calling for a constitutional convention.

Another example are the human trafficking conspiracy theorists.  Without necessarily convincing them they are wrong, they might be willing to refocus their efforts to favor measures like ending child marriage or training police officers to better detect the victims of modern slavery.

Do you think this approach could work for some of these people?

1 hour ago, trenton said:

Do you think this approach could work for some of these people?

Seems like a waste of energy.

But don't let me stop you.