SQAAD

This is Distubing. Pigs are being fed plastic garbage

38 posts in this topic

What the actual fuck?!  That’s absolutely disgusting.  Just found the original videos on YouTube.  I’m in shock. 

Let's pretend an industry which is responsible for deindividualizing beings to the degree where they can kill billions of them every year will ever treat them with respect, because that totally makes sense. 9_9

Glory to Israel

Tip of the iceberg. If people were faced with the scale of torture going on in the meat industry, most would convert to vegetarian or vegan instantly. Only psychos would remain.

Our food system is deeply broken.

We have scale but we’ve yet to figure our how to produce food at a mass level that is optimal for human health and environmental / animal well being.

This video really only reveals a very small portion of the problem.

@aurum We could build the infrastructure locally, region to region, which would produce all we need (in most countries). 

But then again, our governments and those that supposedly represent us, they push policies which then has us sourcing goods from half way around the world and so this would have to be addressed as well. Problems like this are systemic and so it's the whole of society that needs to be addressed and over hauled. 

Edited by Johnny Galt

23 minutes ago, Johnny Galt said:

@aurum We could build the infrastructure locally, region to region, which would produce all we need (in most countries). 

But then again, our governments and those that supposedly represent us, they push policies which then has us sourcing goods from half way around the world and so this would have to be addressed as well. Problems like this are systemic and so it's the whole of society that needs to be addressed and over hauled. 

There is a lot about the relocalization movement that I like.

For one, local food sourcing could be healthier and more environmentally friendly as people would be closer to their food. But also, it has the potential to restore communities that have been broken due to excessive market economics. And that’s just the beginning.

The challenge as I see it is, how do we get the benefits of localization without sacrificing the benefits of globalization?

Because there is no going back to a world that isn’t globalized. And there doesn’t need to be.

The main benefit of globalization seems to be increased cooperation. We could pull together the man power of literally billions of people. That is not possible if we just stay in our local bubbles.

Humanity could seriously become a super race of beings if we figure this out.

6 hours ago, impulse9 said:

Tip of the iceberg. If people were faced with the scale of torture going on in the meat industry, most would convert to vegetarian or vegan instantly. Only psychos would remain.

this made my laugh hahaa

I might turn vegetarian too 

Disturbing indeed.

But wait till you learn what chemicals they spray on your veggies.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That's why I enjoy having a garden. A home-grown tomato is absolutely delicious, juicy, sweet. Store bought tomatoes look great but when you bite them it's all water and no taste.

1 hour ago, aurum said:

There is a lot about the relocalization movement that I like.

For one, local food sourcing could be healthier and more environmentally friendly as people would be closer to their food. But also, it has the potential to restore communities that have been broken due to excessive market economics. And that’s just the beginning.

The challenge as I see it is, how do we get the benefits of localization without sacrificing the benefits of globalization?

Because there is no going back to a world that isn’t globalized. And there doesn’t need to be.

The main benefit of globalization seems to be increased cooperation. We could pull together the man power of literally billions of people. That is not possible if we just stay in our local bubbles.

Humanity could seriously become a super race of beings if we figure this out.

Great sharing!

"Humanity could seriously become a super race of beings if we figure this out." !!!!!

How about we create a planetary thought experiment festival to kick start this:

"How do we get the benefits of localization (with a focus on food) without sacrificing the benefits of globalization?"

A cash prize could be given to the winner. The point would NOT be about the implementation of any one's ideas. The point would be to initiate this level of thinking and to get the wheels turning; it also involves the collective coming together for a common cause - you could call it team building :)  

2 hours ago, Johnny Galt said:

"How do we get the benefits of localization (with a focus on food) without sacrificing the benefits of globalization?"

What do I win?

@Nobody_Here First, before we can decide on whether you are the winner or not, you'd have to compete against the worlds best ideas. And so we would need to have a house to host these games in order to best do this. 

Thank you for playing! 

Edited by Johnny Galt

4 hours ago, Johnny Galt said:

Great sharing!

"Humanity could seriously become a super race of beings if we figure this out." !!!!!

How about we create a planetary thought experiment festival to kick start this:

A cash prize could be given to the winner. The point would NOT be about the implementation of any one's ideas. The point would be to initiate this level of thinking and to get the wheels turning; it also involves the collective coming together for a common cause - you could call it team building :) 

I would love to get more people talking about these kind of issues.

The challenge is not so much one of ideas. That is likely the easiest part. It’s implementation and actually getting people to agree to act on it.

@aurum There's more to the idea then I presented as it's phase one of many phases. I'm not sure how to discuss it in a linear fashion. I'm in the process of writing a story to present what comes with this, phase one, in order to properly communicate the greater vision.

With that said, how about, as practical example of how we could bring this about - you could vote me in as PM for Canada and I'd direct a billion dollars into building the regionalized infrastructure so that we can grow enough food to feed the population within that region. In fact we'd have an over surplus and so we could then satisfy America's appetite :P and make a good buck (I'm Canadian). Along with this, you'd create work all across the nation and the costs of food would go down.

Problem with that is, how'd you pay back that billion of dollars? I do mass education on finances and money and in turn the populace would revolt and demand we do as the mayans did and so we'd then wipe out all debt :) problem solved! (jk)

Ideonella sakaiensis has the ability to break down some components of plastic from what I understand. Waiting earnestly for a probiotic based on it to possibly enter the market.

@impulse9

On 5/9/2021 at 5:50 PM, impulse9 said:

I love veganism as a philosophy even though i am not a vegan yet. I believe we should kill less animals for our survival. Yes we cannot avoid killing ants and etc as we live but still that's not an excuse to be mass murdering animals for our taste buds.

Edited by SQAAD

@aurum

On 5/9/2021 at 10:44 PM, aurum said:

Our food system is deeply broken.

We have scale but we’ve yet to figure our how to produce food at a mass level that is optimal for human health and environmental / animal well being.

This video really only reveals a very small portion of the problem.

The broken food system deeply mirrors the quality of consciousness of the average man. It always amazes me how advanced we are technologically in comparison to our psychology. Basically the modern man is living and acting like an animal shitt*ng all over the place.

Maybe if money wasn't the number one priority we would have a much better system but we are too underdeveloped and egotistical for that yet.

Edited by SQAAD