Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
julienw

Neuroscience Agrees With You, Leo

5 posts in this topic

**Check Out Attached Article**

Albeit there's some nuance lacking in my title, but still, I think it's worth considering that there is and has been conversation in the field of neuroscience and academia at large that connects with what you've been sharing about reality and our construction of it, and that the entire field of science is not just a bunch of dumb materialists who believe and disseminate the idea that reality is objective and our brains just detect it. And I'm sure this still doesn't go far enough or even come close to your communications on Actualized, and that this article and the overall field is highly limited and biased against the deepest truths about Absolute truth, but my two cents are that it may be worth staying up to date on what "science" is actually saying, and giving it a little bit more credit.

I'm also not denying that science has its corruptions, biases, and limitations. I do agree with that sentiment completely, but I also think it's a little bit misleading to characterize all of science and everyone in it as this monolithic thing with only one highly specific and narrow ideology and narrative about what reality is, what the brain/is does, who we are, etc. etc.

"Rather than being a passive registration of an external objective reality, perception emerges as a process of active construction—a controlled hallucination, as it has come to be known."

I've attached a PDF of this article since the URL requires payment.

scientificamerican0919-40-compressed.pdf

**I checked out the author of the article's organization--Sackler Centre for Consciousness Science--and I'm sorry to report that that is indeed the family associated with Purdue Pharma, Oxycontin, and the ongoing opioid epidemic, so that's an unfortunate coincidence.

Edited by julienw
changed wording, added context and added footnote

@OBEler I don't remove anything.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura How did your interview with Curt Jaimungal go?

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski