actualizing25

Do you have to be intelligent to be at SD Stage Yellow?

21 posts in this topic

Almost all the people who I think are at SD Stage Yellow are really smart/intelligent.  Do you think someone has to be that way in order to be on that Stage of the Spiral? Are there any "less intelligent" or average smart people, who are at that stage? Do you know any examples?

Thank you :D

sd stage yellow is basically one's ability to connect dots in their head. That is trainable like all other muscles. So unless you have some sort of mental problem blocking you from improving that. Any average person can train it enough to eventually enter stage Yellow and be considered smart and intelligent. So it's not that you have to be intelligent to be at stage yellow, rather that you have to be at stage yellow to be intelligent. And by intelligent here I mean knowledge+wisdom.(mostly wisdom). 

Thinking from Tier 2 is intelligence itself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  I mean, people who can think in complex ways, have to be intelligent. Their IQ is definitely above average, dont you think so? Do you know Tier 2-thinker who you wouldnt consider as being smart/intelligent?

SD is about values, can you see the value of multiple perspectives, of integrating lower stages, of being radically open-minded? Then youre on the way to Yellow, you dont have to have high IQ, average is fine. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I think intelligence=contemplation.if u contemplate more u will be more intelligent

22 hours ago, actualizing25 said:

Almost all the people who I think are at SD Stage Yellow are really smart/intelligent.  Do you think someone has to be that way in order to be on that Stage of the Spiral? Are there any "less intelligent" or average smart people, who are at that stage? Do you know any examples?

Yes, there are. No, there are not. Accept this. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Any Stage above the center of gravity for one's Culture will require some degree of exceptionalism to navigate and embody, simply because the support structures which help ordinary people imbue said Stage are either Limited or Non Existent

Perhaps in a couple hundred years societies will be structured in a way where the natural 'pull' is towards Yellow, but that's a long way off.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

On 4.9.2021 at 0:38 PM, actualizing25 said:

@Leo Gura  I mean, people who can think in complex ways, have to be intelligent. 

Tier 2 people today are thinking in complex ways relative to surrounding culture, but that doesn't mean society cannot become Tier 2. Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle were all very complex thinkers relative to their culture, but today their teachings are taught in children's classrooms. When society turns Tier 2 (whatever that means), you should expect most people to be Tier 2 as adults.

@DocWatts Didn't mean to steal your points -- I made similar points recently :P 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Intelligence helps you get there, but I think average intelligence people can train to understand stuff like SD yellow.

What is intelligence? It comes in so many different forms. If you refer to the one sought out in college admission tests, then no. 

Stage yellow requires you to be wise and good. 

5 hours ago, DieFree said:

Stage yellow requires you to be wise and good. 

This is more of the best of Stage Blue. Stage Yellow requires systematic thinking. Being wise and good does not mean you are a systematic thinker.

On 9/4/2021 at 8:43 AM, DocWatts said:

Any Stage above the center of gravity for one's Culture will require some degree of exceptionalism to navigate and embody, simply because the support structures which help ordinary people imbue said Stage are either Limited or Non Existent

Perhaps in a couple hundred years societies will be structured in a way where the natural 'pull' is towards Yellow, but that's a long way off

I think @DocWatts gave the best response. A thousand years ago, the most important stuff written probably averaged around Stage Blue. Most people were at Stage Red and Purple. The average Stage of a nation seems to be Stage Blue or Orange in most modern countries, with very few at Stage Green. To be at Stage Yellow, you have to be willing to defy the norm and make a living doing it. It also helps to be born into a culture that is at least Stage Orange.

In addition to having the privilege of being born in a First World country, it also helps to be older. It takes time to work your way into stages that are not in the default. Traumatic incidents help, too, in my opinion, because that forces one to step outside cultural paradigms in an attempt to heal.

TL; DR: Yes, intelligence helps to reach Stage Yellow, but other factors are involved.

I think intelligence is needed throughout the SD spiral. 

Even at stage Red you need intelligence in order to survive. 

Only the form of intelligence is different. 

For example stage Red intelligence is quite different from stage Green intelligence. 

So you need another form of intelligence at stage Yellow. Yet every form of intelligence on whatever scale is just intelligence at the end of the day. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

21 hours ago, Nobody_Here said:

This is more of the best of Stage Blue. Stage Yellow requires systematic thinking. Being wise and good does not mean you are a systematic thinker.

You made me reconsider on the "good" part, and I agree with you healthy blue can be good - at least to their in-group - but isn't systematic thinking a tier of wisdom? Systemic thinking, from my limited understanding, is the understanding of how everything is interconnected and influences each other and thinking along those terms seems to be a key element of being a wise person. 

I think anyone who makes it to yellow automatically "acquires" intelligence on their journey.

On the other hand there are many intelligent and smart people who are not at this stage.

Why do you ask?

Intelligence is a farce. You'd have to give it up to even get it at all. Hilarious! 

Yellow looks yellow to us because it absorbs all other colors except yellow. It reflects/rejects it. So likewise, if you want to be intelligent, you better be believing NONE of this. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@universe Because lets say yellow requires massive intelligence and intelligence is something that you are born with. So if you are not born with it that means that you cant reach yellow, no matter how hard you try.

12 minutes ago, actualizing25 said:

intelligence is something that you are born with.

That is not what intelligence is.

Here is a good start if you want to learn more about intelligence.