Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James12345

Self = Wanter

43 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:
1 hour ago, James12345 said:

Well the individual attempting to be free is an illusion. Freedom is the unconditional love for everything exactly the way it is which includes the judgments, the happiness, the fear, the confusion, the anger, the bliss..... Freedom is that free completely all inclusive. 

No it is not an illusion, if there is individual, trying to be free is real for him/her. Therefore, when individual loves everything there will be no more judgments, happiness, fear, confusion for the individual there will be only love there for him/her, which is the way to nothingness.

Of course you can say you are already nothing. Yes it is true. However, as you mentioned above that if your house is burned or your sister is get raped, this is not even close to be nothing. These shows that your thought process is still so active. Because, you maybe never see the house burns or anyone getting raped. Just because of you learned and thought of it, therefore you suffer. So illusion is still is real for you and being free is real for you. Just an advice, Dont get me wrong but contemplate brother and meditate. This is stuff can not be learned by reading, you have to walk the path. 

Peace ☮️ much love ! 

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Well the individual attempting to be free is an illusion. Freedom is the unconditional love for everything exactly the way it is which includes the judgments, the happiness, the fear, the confusion, the anger, the bliss..... Freedom is that free completely all inclusive. 

It's so close it seems hidden which is why Tony Parsons describes it as the Open Secret. ❤

For me it was like i had successfully lied to myself that i needed to get into a special state of mind which i projected onto people who were talking about nonduality. I was looking for something which i can recognize as "this is it" or "freedom from me", before i can continue enjoying life. I was looking for something i thought i once knew but had lost.

This isn't everything yet -> this isn't everything yet -> this isn't everything yet -> maybe this is already everything -> why would anyone talk about this?

57 minutes ago, This said:

For me it was like i had successfully lied to myself that i needed to get into a special state of mind which i projected onto people who were talking about nonduality. I was looking for something which i can recognize as "this is it" or "freedom from me", before i can continue enjoying life. I was looking for something i thought i once knew but had lost.

This isn't everything yet -> this isn't everything yet -> this isn't everything yet -> maybe this is already everything -> why would anyone talk about this?

Yes exactly, for ego/sense of self there will always be one step further that needs to be done.

This is the ego trick to keep itself intact.

As long as there's someone seeking, it perpetuates the belief that there's something to find, and someone to find it.

The seeker is unreal ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 9/3/2021 at 1:09 AM, James12345 said:

Try to stop wanting for a week. For instance, if you love weekends and hate working, stop that want, make it as working has no differences than being off. Do this on everything that you want for a week. See the results. What does the ego will do? 

Sure, but even if this is done, the ego will still think it's better to do this or get something out of it, rather than not doing it or not getting anything out of it -- some kind of transcendence, etc. But the ego or the sense of real-experience-happening-to-me can drop for absolutely no apparent reason -- it doesn't have a single prerequisite, and moreover, it has no benefit.

7 hours ago, The0Self said:

Sure, but even if this is done, the ego will still think it's better to do this or get something out of it, rather than not doing it or not getting anything out of it -- some kind of transcendence, etc. But the ego or the sense of real-experience-happening-to-me can drop for absolutely no apparent reason -- it doesn't have a single prerequisite, and moreover, it has no benefit.

Just do it for a month. But love everything, accept everything. And lets see what will happen to your ego ??

11 hours ago, James12345 said:

Just do it for a month. But love everything, accept everything. And lets see what will happen to your ego ??

But that's just the ego trying to get what it thinks it wants by becoming a more loving and accepting individual.

This is known as spiritual ego.

It's better to recognize this needy spiritual ego attempting to become a more loving and accepting individual is completely illusory.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

32 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

But that's just the ego trying to get what it thinks it wants by becoming a more loving and accepting individual

32 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

It's better to recognize this needy spiritual ego attempting to become a more loving and accepting individual is completely illusory.

Stay in the prison alone and getting beat up every day and try to love it. I will see that illusory self. ? however, if you already transcend that illusory self in that level. You are right ? there is no self. ?

Edited by James12345

The needy individual IS the prison.

Trying to become is referred to as "painting the prison wall".

When the individual is clearly recognized to be unreal it's run on the hamster wheel game is over.

A poem.

"Ending the chase leaves the ego no place and it tends to fall away"

11 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

The needy individual IS the prison.

Trying to become is referred to as "painting the prison wall".

When the individual is clearly recognized to be unreal it's run on the hamster wheel game is over.

A poem.

"Ending the chase leaves the ego no place and it tends to fall away"

On 9/4/2021 at 0:27 AM, VeganAwake said:

It's not like a denial saying everything is actually just great while your house is burning down and your sisters getting raped.

Stop lying to yourself brother. It has difference between knowing the path and walking the path. Read these 2 sentences that you shared. If there is no you, there is no such a thing as rape or your house or your sister or your eyes seeing?

i suggest you walk in the path. Good luck to you. Much love ?❤️☮️

7 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@VeganAwake How much does one need to end the chase? Just conceptually or also stop chasing regular day to day pleasures and distractions?

No one actually ends the chase.

It's recognized that the individual chasing after a better experience in the future isn't a real entity within the body. 

There SEEMS to be a real individual chasing enlightenment but it's an illusion of self.

10 minutes ago, James12345 said:

Read these 2 sentences that you shared. If there is no you, there is no such a thing as rape or your house or your sister or your eyes seeing?

Yeah but the experience seems real for them.

You can unconditionally love and accept everything while stopping the rape and putting out the fire.

Yep it's that free. 

Much love to you as well brother ❤

8 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Yeah but the experience seems real for them.

If if there is no “self” or “seeker” there is no “them”. Walk in the path brother, dont read or watch. Knowledge of “them” comes from the so called “self”.

You still have self, knowing the no self and talking from the self. Dont do this to yourself. Seriously. 

Peace❤️❤️☮️☮️????

Edited by James12345

12 minutes ago, James12345 said:

Dont do this to yourself.

As if that would need fixing. But I know what you mean. I still recommend meditation occasionally because of how happy it made me, but it was just a more comfortable prison. Nothing wrong with a more comfortable prison though! xD

I told myself the reason I did the meditation was for truth seeking, not fulfilment seeking. Which in a way actually did sort of seem to work out. But it leads nowhere, because the whole time everything was equally whole and complete -- I would've never guessed that was even possible. How can realizing I'm God be equally as fulfilling as taking a shit? Well, it is only self who thinks one is better.

Just for example, as soon as I could manifest as much bliss as I wanted, I basically had no need to use it. Quite surprising.

On 4/9/2021 at 8:42 AM, VeganAwake said:

As long as there's someone seeking, it perpetuates the belief that there's something to find, and someone to find it.

there is nothing to seek, the i must withdraw and stop believing that it is the one who receives the experience, with which only experience remains, and the i sees that it is part of the experience, not its focus. There is only experience empty of meaning

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

Just for example, as soon as I could manifest as much bliss as I wanted, I basically had no need to use it. Quite surprising

So, what is your actual state, life, relationships with other people? does emptiness induce you to apathy? are you happy, or since there is no self you are neither happy nor unhappy? because even if you know that there is no self, you can invoke the self and be it, right? A light self who can enjoy of what it is, only because it is...or not?

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

So, what is your actual state, life, relationships with other people? does emptiness induce you to apathy? are you happy, or since there is no self you are neither happy nor unhappy? because even if you know that there is no self, you can invoke the self and be it, right? A light self who can enjoy of what it is, only because it is...or not?

Enjoyment apparently happens. Speaking/typing apparently happens. Beliefs that some things are preferable to others apparently happen. But to manifest an out of this world super-happy state, one has to keep doing it. There's no need for that. The only one who would need to do that is an illusion. There can still be absorption into life -- in a sense even more so. Watching mindless TV shows is every bit as whole as anything else -- not that I've watched one in a while, but I might soon, I have no clue.

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

No one actually ends the chase.

It's recognized that the individual chasing after a better experience in the future isn't a real entity within the body. 

There SEEMS to be a real individual chasing enlightenment but it's an illusion of self.

@VeganAwake Okay, so everything you say is a pointer that has no prescription for or against practice?

It's just a pointer right, there's nothing more to that than read it, get confused and continue to think about "how to I get there" even though it's a pointless chase. 

I feel like a lot of radical nondualists are like a mysterious oracles you just poke and it gives you another pointer?

*Poke*

@The0Self but there is an inherent happiness from the absence or at least relaxation of the ego, right? emptiness is happiness, or perhaps, the absence of unhappiness is happiness, or seems happiness

Edited by Breakingthewall

2 hours ago, James12345 said:

If if there is no “self” or “seeker” there is no “them”.

That's why it's referred to as an illusion bro, something that seems to be experienced for them but ultimately lacks in reality. This has been said so many times.

Walk in the path brother, dont read or watch. Knowledge of “them” comes from the so called “self”.

There isn't a right or wrong path and there isn't anyone to walk it. Do's and do not's only arise within the dream story of there being a correct or incorrect path for one to follow.

You still have self, knowing the no self and talking from the self.

There's no prescription here bro, the prescription is there isn't one.

Dont do this to yourself. Seriously. 

Again there isn't a yourself its an illusion.

Peace❤️❤️☮️☮️????