Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holygrail

why do glimpses of the absolute make my heart race?

13 posts in this topic

its like i realize that there is nothing outside of what im currently conscious of and its all a dream and coming from a singularity. every time i get these glimpses, it scares the shit out of me and makes my heart race fast. how does this insight relate with fear? can i trust this insight as being genuine because it really relates with what leo seems to be describing. I can truly say that these insights feel real as fuck and like im a getting a clearer view of  what reality truly is, but deep down i down want to believe it. maybe this post is stupid, but who the fuck else can i talk about this with

Edited by Holygrail

Fear of death/change/unknown. You sort of get used to it when it becomes obvious that there is nothing to fear.

1 minute ago, The0Self said:

Fear of death/change/unknown. You sort of get used to it when it becomes obvious that there is nothing to fear.

yeah i know fear is an illusion so i need to just start fully embracing whatever the truth may be. just need to believe that the truth is actually going to take me somewhere better.

Only “advice” I’d (very lightly) suggest is don’t wait.

Seeking false enlightenment is seeking a state so good that it’s impossible to not want it, and impossible to understand that it doesn’t exist. Perhaps avoid that trap, as you’ll be waiting forever.

It’s all about stepping away from the belief that there are separate things (or just things).

Edited by The0Self

19 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Only “advice” I’d (very lightly) suggest is don’t wait.

Seeking false enlightenment is seeking a state so good that it’s impossible to not want it, and impossible to understand that it doesn’t exist. Perhaps avoid that trap, as you’ll be waiting forever.

It’s all about stepping away from the belief that there are separate things (or just things).

yeah that makes sense as when i become very present to the moment, its just a calm peace as a opposed to extreme excitement. just by realizing that by dualistic thoughts are partial and relative, takes me away from them and into the present moment. 

I love this metaphor.

Also ironic since your username is 'holygrail'.

Edited by SaWaSaurus

@Holygrail Though it’s not to say fear won’t come. The transition between normal everyday dreaming that you’re a person, to the true and obvious intuitive recognition that nothing has ever happened can be so jarring...

How are you in relationships? I know this seems like it has nothing to do with it but it does in certain ways. 

Edited by Gianna

On 9/3/2021 at 0:47 AM, Holygrail said:

there is nothing outside of what im currently conscious of

If I were to character that heart, it’d be saying but I am the nothing, I am the inside, I am the outside, and therefore these are not / are Me.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Holygrail It is your ego terrified of its dissolution. imo the ego has to accept this little by little, understand what it is and accept its place. pounding it with psychedelics ahead of time only triggers a reaction. has to give up smoothly

This is why glimpses into the truth are so powerful, because they can show you that you can trust in reality absolutely, totally, completely. You are held, you always will be, there is no possibility of you being abandoned, separated, annihilated - only illusions can go, but that is not a problem at all. Nothing can be lost, ever. 

Even though this trust can be forgotten, it can also be remembered :) Without trust, we will defend ourselves all the time

The me is terrified of the worst thing being absolutely no worse or less whole than the best thing.

Edited by The0Self