Ya know

How to become spiritual without becoming a pussy?

30 posts in this topic

I struggle with maintaining my masculinity whenever I return to Jesus. 

I'm in a macho sporting environment and I had ''success'' (dominance, aggression, stage red wins) by using anger / the dark side. Whenever I use this I feel like I'm doing something wrong. It's like a fast food energy source - initially great and fills you up but over time becomes harmful (too much cortisol, insane thinking, hyper vigilance)

However, when I pull away from that paradigm I find myself losing my edge. I lack the energy to train as intensely as I did previously (because I was literally a man possessed by low vibration energy - demons).

How do I embrace the light side? Especially in a sporting context.

''Calm, at peace, passive'' - This seems so counter intuitive to sport, but is it the right way? Letting go of my ego and the delusion that it is controlling me and getting consciousness to act through me?

Does anyone have experience swapping energy sources, how they did it and what is required to let go of the previous paradigm?

@Ya know Great post (maybe rethink the title) 

You're on the right track, keep questioning. 

You're feeling the pull to what's the Truth. 

Nothing is controlling you, just walk into the light. 

Letting go is individual to everyone you need to find the best way for you. 

What makes you feel calm, centred and real? Go there. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

Maybe you are needing a healthier motivation for these activities? Channel love to training, love the challenge, love the push of overcoming your weaknesses.

@Surfingthewave What would you recommend? I did it primarily for eyeballs, sometimes when I use specifics the view count is lower. 

I feel like the vampire in Leo's description of the Hero's Journey. The light is definitely purifying baggage that is no longer necessary, but it's painful to become aware of the ignorance you've lived in for so long. 

There certainly is a pull to consciousness - awareness, but there is gravity trying to pull me back to what is familiar. Especially since sport is inundated with red / orange thinking (selfishness). 

What makes me feel calm, centered and real is just being in the moment. The last few weeks I've had intense monkey mind and strong negative emotions as I let go of the old ways of being. Praying to the lord, forgiving others and releasing emotion is doing the trick.

@SgtPepper Agreed. Finding the love and joy in the activity is key. At times I would ''cheat'' by smoking weed before training to get myself into those states and play well - however without it I find it hard to feel those same emotions. 

@Ya know It sounds like you're on the cusp of an Awakening. What you've described sounds similar to a backlash because you're starting to walk into the light. 

I would suggest not only keep doing what you said but also don't forget to forgive yourself. You describe yourself as a vampire, you can still continue as you are but with the Knowing. When you play the game (in sports and in life) you know that the end result doesn't matter as much anymore. You begin to enjoy the moment more. 

The more you surrender the more amazing it will feel. 

Be aware you'll always feel that pull back to monkey mind and ego, just observe it and carry on. 

@Ya know in common chackra theory there is this belief that you can push energy up from the solarplexus region towards the complex system of your third eye+crown chakra. it’s just not that simple as it sounds. ofc you use that energy in real fight situation, while sports in general today mostly is a training situation, so you got basically looped into a situation where yo skip over that more  regulating yin energy a fighter would probably get of martial philosophies. maybe taking up another traditional martial arts sports as accomplishing training would help you. to transform translate energy into different kinds of channeling, meditation alone will probably not do it for you, because that information is deeply wired to your body movements.

Lol, stop being a pussy and stop labeling things like that 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

14 hours ago, Ya know said:

"Calm, at peace, passive'' 

This is a strawman of spirituality. It's intense, ferocious, active, calm, at peace; all at once. See through the duality of opposites.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

There is no connection. Yeah there's a surrendering aspect but there's also a take no prisoners aspect and the taking back of your authority. When you're 100% responsible for everything that happens, no one is responsible, so surrender and searching can kind of go full circle anyway.

43 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

This is a strawman of spirituality. It's intense, ferocious, active, calm, at peace; all at once. See through the duality of opposites.

Yeah.

15 hours ago, Ya know said:

Does anyone have experience swapping energy sources, how they did it and what is required to let go of the previous paradigm?

• You do it because you are INSPIRED. :D
  • You build a vision for yourself to who you ought to be. Something insane, something like "best in the world at ..." level. Juicy vision, Juicy life. ;) 
  • You focus on bringing that satisfaction in the moment, and teach yourself to enjoy the messy process that is the journey. (See Leos Vid on Satisfaction.)
  • Tuning into your higher consciousness values because you are conscious of the fact that these are superior values to hold.
  • This only works if you truly believe what you're doing is what you're meant to be doing.
  • Always maintain a positive attitude at all times, protect it with your life!
  • Read Arnold Schwarzenegger's Autobiography: The Education of a Bodybuilder. Lots of gems in there about how his mindset was to train with vigor every single day.

Also you should rename the thread before it's too late.

Edited by ZenSwift

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

I've spun numerous Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde narratives as well

16 hours ago, Ya know said:

How do I embrace the light side? Especially in a sporting context.

Seems to me that you've already made up your mind here to stay in such delusion. Perhaps? 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

17 hours ago, Ya know said:

I struggle with maintaining my masculinity whenever I return to Jesus. 

? this is hilarious lol.

Jesus was pretty gangster if your think about it. Who else would have to the balls to die on the cross for everyone’s sins??

Edited by Terell Kirby

You might be interested in reading body mind mastery from Dan Millman. I don't really remember this book i need to read it again but it might help. 

I get it. I miss my old thirst for all this but it was pointless. It's hard to get the same results without this kind of energy but it's certainly possible to have even better results without. 

One example from my experience was my preparation before a competition as a teen athlete. I would visualize every move in my mind the day before and i was doing yoga breathing exercises and meditation on the actual day to get in the right state of mind and in the zone fully concentrated on every move. So yeah take a meditative approach to your thing. 

Edited by BlackMaze

18 hours ago, Ya know said:

''Calm, at peace, passive''

Yes.  But, there are also other positive aspects you can embody.  Like confidence (many Buddhists speak of this for example), courage, discipline, passion, effort, skill, mastery, practice, honesty, etc..

Don't take any one thing as the all-encompassing absolute way to go about stuff.  Use them as it fits your needs.  For example, if you notice yourself becoming more "passive" and it feels unhealthy, then you can decide to do the opposite.  

Again, do what feels healthy to you.

It could also be that by living more "spiritually" or authentically, that old, toxic, or inauthentic motivations maybe fade away (like your sports) and make way for more authentic motivations and goals.  

Having a calm and peaceful mind doesn't mean you can't also do things that require incredible skill, concentration, dedication, and practice.  

It's like the difference between this...

fight.gif

See how inefficient and unskillful that is?

Compared to this...

200.gif

Calm, cool, collected.  Yet still getting shit done. 

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I highly recommend the book The Inner Game of Tennis by Tim Gallwey. It applicable to all disciplines, not really about tennis. The inner game is all about increasing concentration, being in the present moment, stilling your mind. To the degree that your ego mind is active, you will be less able to concentrate on what's happening in the game. Thinking about the glory of victory and the torment of defeat, and the feelings that accompany those thoughts, will take you out of the present moment and hinder your ability to concentrate.

When you're 'in the zone', you have no time for anxiety, anger, fear. The idea of winning or losing is just an afterthought, something that doesn't even pop up until after the game. You feel joyful and at ease, and your effort is effortless and graceful. All the cells in your body sing with joy, commanding you to move faster. It's like you love the game so much you can't hold it in.

If your ideal is that stereotypical macho man, spirituality rob you of that because it will make you more feminine. Naturally it must since nonduality is about integrating all sides and the stereotypical macho man image is not well-integrated and egotistical.

The solution is embrace and integrate the feminine side. Then just be natural.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Lol you got me with that title, NGL?

hehehe .. me was loughing vigorously too

Society made us believe doing any spiritual activity is a sign of weakness

On 9/3/2021 at 0:33 AM, Ya know said:

Let comparative aspects / thoughts of self & other go; winning, beating, being better, deriving being the best from comparative thoughts, winners & losers (motive). Allow inspiration; giving your best, being your best, expanding your best, encouraging the best in every one. You might be heading full circle, exemplifying, teaching. Contemplate, go prior, what is the point of all this competition really? What is it really about… the winning, or maybe more so just the experience in & of itself? Perhaps brainstorm a list on paper… when I consider all I’ve learned, all I’ve experienced… and I list it in terms of how would someone young & new to this approach this in terms of positive for self esteem, confidence, inspiration, bringing their authentic, inclusive self forward?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE